logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove
Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
2. (5 mins ago)
nobita
bad effect for my child
3. (9 mins ago)
worldhealth.ca
Reps are liars and told bullshit about their services
4. (9 mins ago)
ACS Legal Group / Advance Cash America
ACS Legal Group Scam
5. (17 mins ago)
Bovada
Cheating honest people out of money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    kara

Arise is a SCAM

Miramar, Florida
arise.com
This company is a SCAM. There are NO full-time, year-round 'jobs' with this company - everything is seasonal and part-time. They LIE and STEAL. They will terminate you for no reason. When you ask questions, they ignore you. They expect, rather DEMAND, their ACPs to be professional, but they do not give back the same professionalism. Arise has big name companies that are scamming everyday people wanting to try to make ends meet.
Below are the companies that Arise helps rob people of their money:
AAA Arizona
Verizon Avenue
Virgin America
Virgin Atlantic
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2009 by   leanne -1 Votes
Biggest scam. The clients need to talk to the ACPs and find out how they are REALLY being treated.
 6th of Feb, 2009 by   nekki 0 Votes
i was interested in joining aris but I was curious to why you call them a scam?
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   arise-emp 0 Votes
My wife works for arise. VERY VERY BAD COMPANY!! Save your money and look for a real job. YOu won't last with arise. The company has a very high turn aound for employment. You'll pay for training and pass the certification and work for a month or two and then they'll terminate you for no reasons and start new training to lure people in and repeat the cycles...just to make money.

A
 19th of Feb, 2009 by   kara 0 Votes
nekki, arise is a scam because they lie to you and steal your money. they want you to pay for training - you do not get paid while training. when was the last time you paid a company to work for them?
 28th of Feb, 2009 by   I no longer ARISE -1 Votes
You forgot to add Home Depot to this list of companies who are contracted through Arise. I worked thru Arise for H.D. for 4 months. I even received preselect (the ability to choose your hours before 90% of the other agents) because of superior service. Then, one day, I went to look at my schedule and I couldn't get to it. They locked me out of the system & terminated me WITH NO WARNING. Said I wasn't meeting statistics...haaahhhaaaaa...You don't get preselect with them if you aren't one of the top performers, but they nixed me, and now I have nixed them. Be VERY careful!!!
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   regretting -2 Votes
I think we need to form an alliance and file a law suit against them. They are indeed unscrupulous and dishonest. We need to get this out on the news and to their clients also. People need to know how they are treating the agents...like we are nothing. They rip off people to enhance their cash flow. This needs to be made public so it is stopped.
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   candy -2 Votes
I was thinking the very same thing. I have been working for Arise for almost 2 years. Although I haven't been terminated from a client, I have experienced working for a client and then the client leaving Arise so everyone lost the account, that has happened to me twice . And from what I understand it was due to greed on Arise's part. I am going to go to Tori Johnson of Good Morning America as well since that is where I learned of the company. And you are right about the cash flow part. I have been working a particular company for 1 year now and they have had about 8 new classes at a whopping 225.oo dollars per head, they hire about 80 agents per class do the math. They let some come through and make it so that most can't certify by fixing the exams so that they fail. I got this information from an employee that worked for them for over 8 years in the office.
 30th of Mar, 2009 by   Mieke +3 Votes
I am an active agent and have been for over seven years. For those reading this board, please keep in mind that your success with this company is directly linked to how YOU perform as an agent. Arise is not perfect, no company is, however, they are a legitimate work from home company. Please also note that some of the ‘complainers’ refer to Arise as an ‘employer’… this is indication they do not understand the Arise Model; they did not read and ascertain a strong understanding of the company and requirements to become and ACP.

For the complainers- I do not understand how you can call them dishonest- did you read the MSA you signed? Did you read the SOW you signed? Every agent is required to adhere to a certain minimum standard and it is each agents responsibility to ensure they are. Arise will not hold your hand- remember you are a small business owner.

I have talked to many agents that have lost certification based on metrics – they ALL feel as though it was unfair, however, I always ask what they have done to improve areas where they were deficient and you can hear a pin drop. These are the same agents who are logging in late or just logging in when they were not supposed to (pirating) and hanging up on callers- this makes us look bad to the client. The quality was sub par and I for one am elated that those who continually are not meeting are no longer being tolerated.

Personally, I have held eight separate certifications as an ACP. One of which I have held for over four years – this is not seasonal… this is continuing. So, do your homework and fully research the opportunity – do what is best for YOU.
 30th of Mar, 2009 by   Bella +1 Votes
Hello from across the pond! I am a UK based ACP and have been for a few months and just LOVE it! My experiences have been quite the opposite and I agree with Mieke in that you must research for yourself.

Cheers!
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   gagirlnvegas +2 Votes
I have been with Arise since August 2008, have 3 clients, am a top performer and supporting myself working at home. I praise Arise for giving me this opportunity during a down turn in the economy. As Mieke stated each person is contracted and responsible for providing high quality of service. If you don't perform get out of the house and get a job.
 22nd of Apr, 2009 by   Mieke 0 Votes
Thank you Vegas!
 28th of May, 2009 by   NEVER ARISE! 0 Votes
Arise is AWFUL. I too was contracted thru Arise for Home Depot. The EXACT same thing happened to me as with "I no longer Arise" mentions above. I too received the highest possible Quality Scores for my calls & received preselect (allowing you to pick & choose your hours before the remaining 90% of the agents). One day, I went to log on & I was blocked. I emailed everyone I could think of & was only told it was due to performance? HOW CAN THEY SAY I DIDN'T PERFORM? I was one of the best & always in the top 10%. They are a scam. I constantly get emails from them inviting me to select other client opportunities (of course, for a fee of $200+ per training session). And for what? So I can pay them to train me (oh...did I say how much their training has lacking?). I WOULD NEVER ADVISE ANYONE TO GO TO WORK FOR ARISE. They will just terminate you without any forewarning or reason, just to get your money by getting you to retrain for another client & then they will get rid of you again - just to keep the whole horrible cycle going. I was devistated when they let me go. I was NEVER terminated for performance from ANY job - and I will never go back to ARISE so I can say I will NEVER EVER be terminated for performance again. Think before you get involved with that company - PLEASE!!!
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   Sherie E B +1 Votes
I am been working with Arise for about 4 years now. It would cost $99 to enroll in a certification course. Sometimes the prices would be slashed to $75. Now the enrollment fees have skyrocketed. At one point you would pay $150, now it is as high as $300!!!
With the increased enrollment fee, there are more companies that are not even paying you a gauranteed hourly rate! For example, you may be compensated on a per call basis NOT on an hourly basis. So there may be times when the call volume gets very slow and you are not being compensated for your time, unless you are on a call with a customer. This can be frustrating, when volume is slow or if you have a customer with a complex issue that may require extended time and efforts to resolve. Imagine being on call for 1 hour with a customer and only getting paid $1.45!!

I have trained with at least 6 different clients. There are only a few, however that may be worthwhile. I have absolutely noticed that some of the training course do seem to riddled with all types of unrealistic obstacles.

Training can last anywhere from 2 - 5 weeks. During this time you are not receiving compensation for your training. You will need a lot of ink and paper. Generally lots of printing is invloved. You also need some extra time outside of class time to study and complete homework.

Before you see your first dime, be prepared to shell out extra time and money!

OH... sometimes there can be a lot of technical issues that may cost you extra money. For example, you may need to upgrade memory. There are so many programs to download and run all at once. This may affect your computer's performance. Also, this could be a problem if you are in the middle of working with a customer and your computer crashes!!! It's more of a problem if you are only being compesentated for each completed phone call.

Do you get my drift here??? There are opportunites to make money with Arise, however, its what your profit after all of your expenses that count. Considering the energy consumption, paper, ink, upgrades, phone costs, taxes, etc. You may be making less than minimum wage sometimes.

I did not always feel this way, but I do feel "scammed" now considering what this company used to be. I feel that they are in the price gouging business right now because it simply works. There are a lot of desperate people who can't find jobs and in need of money. So even with complaints in hand, these people sign up with this company.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   Mieke +1 Votes
Seriously – a complaint because you are expected to maintain a functional workstation…. really? Honestly?

You would not have been terminated if you were meeting ALL of your metrics. There isn’t a job in the world that you would be able to keep if you consistently did not do what was expected of you. While your quality may have been exceptional, that is not the ONLY metrics agents must adhere to. For example, you can have GREAT quality, but if you do not show up when you are supposed to, it makes no difference.

Arise is not the negative picture you all are painting. Besides, if it is so horrid, then why have you stayed so long?

Bottom line- it is not perfect, but it is not a fraud or scam. You are expected to be accountable… this is never a bad thing especially in this society.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   gwitaj +1 Votes
Thanks for your comments. I have a phone intervi ew with them this afternoon. It is true that no company is perfect (nor employee for that matter). I do not know how much the policies have changed since, but I will be careful and ask some questions of concern- training, costs, certifications, etc.
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   rhoda1303 0 Votes
hi all,

has anybody in the UK received the below automatic email from arise? this is the 2nd time i m receiving exactly the same email i have i have applied for an opportunity. i am begining to think that they've reached their target like they say when you call their recruitment line that they are looking for "500 business partners".

Please review your VSC's status in the Shop Direct Orders opportunity.

Reason: The VSC's ACP employee did not meet all or some of the posted application requirements listed on the opportunity. The scheduling team uses the VSC's ACP employees credentials posted in combination with the Ideal Match results (Customer Service, Sales, Technical Support, Voice assessment on file, etc.) to ensure the requirements are met. These assessments scores help to place the VSCs in the opportunities best suited for them. While you may meet the basic criteria for the application, there may be ACPs who are more qualified and exceed the screening criteria. Please ensure that the VSC's ACP employee profile is up to date and accurate.

Other considerations taken into account are the VSC's ACP employee’s commitment adherence and previous service provided (i.e., Premature termination of an SOW may reflect negatively on future interest). All of these factors have led to this decision and it is the VSC's responsibility to ensure all ACP employees under the corporation meet the minimum requirements before expressing interest in a service opportunity.

This message has been automatically generated, please do not reply to it. If you have questions regarding this email, please contact the Arise Resolution Center.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   willow-arisen 0 Votes
Arise is a SCAM, They like a few other scam scheme will show some possible things to do but like few other (madoff, nader, etc...) they can not be true, please OPEN your eyes. When you account them it is other kind of business... They take advantage of our hard economy and find a lot of needed people who dream they can work at home and also put big names their list (part of the rip off) and then they begin collecting money to train you, after that you will have your show-time business opportunity and it is most likely you will fail (as what you can expect) but they say that you will not meet the criteria... Did you ever take pictures to your kids to be shown to potential commercial makers...? have you seen the girl who drive the rose Mary K...? someway it is like the lottery... you will get pay but you must be very lucky to have a possitive cash flow and be kept in... have you ever apply for USPS or TSA?, , , , Also as you can imagine, there will be seasons needs that no matter what you are able to do you will be accepted because there is a need for a ton of working men hours to answer the phone for any of these Big name companies but when there is no need for that anymore they will through you out because of "bad breath"... I want to believe that some of these companies do not know about it but the true is they make money (saving) no getting involved with...so they don't really care. They may change their name again..who knows.

ARISE.COM is a very cheap alternative for a train facility to supply personnel for these big companies so they can deal with their peaks needs and makes money on the training process, even they commission on your time sales also, companies also paid a "set up" fee while you pay your train. After you are trained, you no longer have any worth for them unless you are very exceptional...(but you wont be here if you are)... otherwise they will now want to train another person for the same job or you for another "client company" and collect fees again...
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   Arise unhappy 0 Votes
I agree. I started with Arise with the understanding it was going to take start up money on my part. I had no idea I was going to have to pay so much for each opportunity with them.. When I started they were still posting opportunities that would pay over 9 dollars an hour without sales, you don't see those anymore either.

I have a problem with the resolution center that never gets back to you.

I have an issue with the fact you can be accepted in to an opportunity and 5 min. later rec. an email stating it's too late, you window of opportunity to sign up has passed.

I have an issue with paying so much for training only to find out the work is seasonal. (Trust me folks, hit a lull with some of these companies and you are down to 2-4 hours a week)

I do have a problem with any company that says you can work here and after a while you can quit your other jobs and just work from home. Arise DOES say that. Then they don't deliver.

It's very frustrating for people looking for an honest opportunity from home that will actually be a year round job.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   HappytoArise +1 Votes
I've been with Arise.com for two years now servicing Walgreens.com. I love this company. I get to pick the hours I want to work and I am compensated very fairly. I make more at this job than I have at any other position I've ever had. Since Walgreens.com is a 24 hour company, I can work after I put my kids to bed and not have to pay daycare for them. I have no commute and no lunches out!

While the training can be steep if you are already broke, I made my investment back within the very first week I worked. The only expense I have now is my phone line that is $13.00 a month. Much cheaper than gas and eating out and wardrobe and daycare.

I won't go back to a regular 9-5 job now that I see how great working really can be!!
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   Bray -1 Votes
I wouldn't say that Arise is a scam. I would say that there are pros and cons about it, just like every company. There are clients that I would advise people to stay away from (i.e. those that pay per call or that pay less the longer you stay on the call). However, they do have clients that offer a minimum per hour. Also, they offer clients that have email customer service jobs. It just depends on your own strengths and weaknesses. One of my own strengths is how fast I can type per minute. I type 90 words per minute. Because I know this is a strength of mine, I signed up to work for Barnes & Noble. They pay $1.45/call and $1.25/email. There are 2 different schedules, one for phones and one for emails. In my last job as an email customer service agent with another company, I typed 200 emails a day. The logic here is if I can type this many emails with Arise, then I can make a lot of money. So, in conclusion, I have to disagree that it is a scam. However, I do stress that one must know his or her own strengths and weaknesses. In addition, one must research the opportunities with as much intensity as they can. Good luck!

Saving on Halloween