logo

K.W.S Windows and Conservatories
FAILED TO HONOR OUR GUARANTEE
5. (45 mins ago)
Kimtech.ca
They stop responding emails and our phone calls

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Terrible customer service

Amtrak
amtrak.com
Today I had a train ticket for the 8:58 train from Burbank to San Diego. There is no agent at the Burbank station. Someone was hit by a train early in the morning and they could have called or emailed me. They had all the information. Someone was hit by a train in Van Nuys, CA very early that morning and the police kept terminating the service from Burbank and saying train would come in 2 hours but it never did. When I called customer service *4 times) nobody know about the fatality even at 11am in the morning. To top it off, they had the gall to charge me the 10% cancellation free when they are the ones who cancelled my plans to take a train. I am out over $50 in taxi cab fare and had to drive to San Diego and pay for valet parking for 4 days. Amtrak did not have the decency to send a van to Burbarnk to pick up stranded passengers to take them to LA to get trains to their destinations. However, Amtrak did report lies to the TV news and lied stating that they got the passengers new train tickets. Perhaps they got service for the people who were on the train that hit the pedestrian but they did not do anything for the people in Burbank right down the street. I am thoroughly disgusted and will never travel Amtrak for the rest of my life. I will also sue them and won't be happy until they go bankrupt. Nobody in customer service even apologized to me. Their employees refused to give me the name and address of the President of the company. Absolutely horrible experience!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Aug, 2008 by   Joanna Faye Polak 0 Votes
3 August 2008

Amtrak Corporation

Dear Sirs:

My dearest sister, Cheryl Whitmire, decided to give me a surprise treat and purchased a train trip for her to come from Sacramento, CA down to Van Nuys, CA to pick me up and then both of us went on Amtrak to visit my elderly mother and father (my sister paid for the entire Amtrak ticket for both of us). Then, she came all the way back with me just to keep me company from Stockton, CA to Van Nuys, CA; then she went back to Sacramento. The date was April 10th (Thursday) from Sacramento, CA down to Van Nuys, CA Amtrak station in the name of Cheryl Whitmire.

On our return trip from Oakland to Van Nuys CA we got on the Stockton Amtrak, Sunday April 20th at 9:14 A.M. going into Van Nuys with somebody picking us up that evening late. The train broke down just three minutes after we departed Stockton and they kept trying to start up the engine to no avail. We sat on the side tracks for two hours waiting for Amtrak to send another train to pick us up after the breakdown and non-start.

I became extremely upset! My entire day was totally ruined because my sister and I were not able to meet our friends that were waiting at the Van Nuys, CA Amtrak station that night on time as planned.

I know that we have a refund coming because a frequent Amtrak traveler wrote the enclosed letter while we were sitting there wondering what to do with ourselves for two hours. I was told by this gentleman that Amtrak would give me a credit number and send a total refund so that my sister’s expense would be totally refunded to her credit card.

Please let me know as soon as possible when you will be sending the entire amount of refund. Please call me at #(818) 222-2943 Joanna Fay Polak, or email mjpolak@earthlink.net; or write a letter to Joanna Fay Polak, 3550 Poppy Drive, Calabasas, CA 91302-2029. I would like to use Amtrak again on September 30th, 2008.

Sincerely,

Joanna Faye Polak
3550 Poppy Drive
Calabasas, CA 91302-2029
 16th of Aug, 2008 by   Marisa 0 Votes
My friends are taking the Amtrak from San Diego to Burbank.

First, we board the train and sit at a table on the second floor of the train. All is well until we get hungry...

There is a cafe almost directly below us, and our table is right next to the stairs. We walk down the stairs and are instantly greeted by about a dozen 25-40 year old men, drinks in their hands, and a slurred array of lines such as "LADIESSS" "Heyy, baby" and "You know, 16 is the legal drinking age in Europe...!"

By avoiding eye contact, we managed to escape to our seats.

A bit later, some of the drunk guys come up from the cafe and stand at the top of the stairs, right next to our seats. They start playing (bad) music, and one sets his beer on our table. We wait until they have finished their song and I ask them, semi-polite and semi-firm, to please turn down the music. They apoligize sarcastically, laughing like...drunks. We remind them that they aren't the only ones on the train, and they finally turn off the music.

Suddenly, we hear yelling and crashes by the stairs, where, according to later accounts, one man accidentally stepped on another's Cubs hat, resulting in a 6 on 2 fist fight. We hear punches being thrown, a girl screaming, more cussing than Superbad, and an Amtrak worker being put on hold by the police.

This goes on for a good 10-15 minutes. A call is then sent throughout the train for anyone on the train with medical training, and we are delayed an hour.

Meanwhile, another intoxicated man has invited himself to sit at our table. He smells.

I don't think the Amtrak can do anything about stupid people, but they can control how much alcohol they sell to customers. These guys were very drunk, very loud, and very rowdy before any violence.
 26th of Dec, 2012 by   grace sette 0 Votes
on my return to westerly, ri, a conductor assured me he would help me with my bag and getting off the exit. he never showed so i had someone help me with my bag and i could not find the exit even though the sign above me said exit. i was told it would be 3 cars down. at that point, a conductor asked if there was a problem and he immediately opened the emergency exit. i dont believe i was told the exit was 3 cars down and also the person announcing the stops needs to increase his voice, could hardly hear him. this was not a very good experience for me

gsette7j@yahoo.com