logo

membership

american family fitness
west end
Richmond, Virginia
DO NOT JOIN AMERICANFAMILY FITNESS!!! the contract you sign up for is horrible. I went in requsting a one year contract and the rep filled it out and as she filled it out she was explaining what each line was...Come to find out she signed me up for 3 years!!! she did this bc they are commission and she made a killing...yes i am a complete fool for not reading over every page if the contract but once its done its done...the reps at the facility arent helpful, managment there are jokes...and if you ever have to go through their payment groupf NATIONAL FITNESS SERVICES, then GOOD LUCK...biggest bunch of A HOLES EVER!!! just trust me when i say, do not join that club, it might seem big and nice, but it is not worth your money, trust me...there are hundreds of complaints about this place...it sucks!
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Dec, 2009 by   NotoAmFam 0 Votes
They sent me to the collection agency for $1400. I canceled my membership 2 years ago then I got a bill from collections. I shredded my membership cancellation receipt after one year so I was defenseless against their accusations. I guess with this company you have to keep your cancellation contract until you die.

What's more is that they were rude and talked down to me when I called regarding this issue. They really were terrible to talk with.

Bottom line: Do NOT join this gym under any circumstance.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   jessicac 0 Votes
i agree i went there to sign up for a one year membership she said it would be one price then she filled the application out with 4 years on there but i did read the contract. I said to her i told you o didnt want to obligated for a 3 year contract the she said the joiners fee was a diffrent price than what she quoted me. I walked out and told her she lied to me well the next week she called my home and said i can join for a dollar andi asked her again was it for 1 year she said yes on the phone. Well i get there again she tried to trick me again i walked out and told her never to call my home again, They are a joke and try to trick you when they fill out the application because they know most peopl dont read all of it. My advice is to read read and read again.
 19th of Aug, 2012 by   Kimberly pallis 0 Votes
This company is horrible I have tried canceling my contract due to relocating ( military ) Relocating I emailed them my orders several times and I am still getting a monthly bill I have called on the phone spoke with the reps and them I'm told oh we don't refund money back at all. You will have to call national fitness. I even had my bank call and Cancel because American family fitness refuses to stop the automatic bill payment and then guess who calls me regarding my account ( national fitness ) isn't there a military agreement ? I have submitted my orders several times showing that I have relocated to another state several months ago yet that isn't proof enough. I have utility bills and etc. but they still will not Cancel my membership. I have true to Cancel it since may2012. This company is horrible when it comes to honoring there contract and te military clause

WSYX Columbus Coverage Being Used as Scam Source