logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

2. (26 mins ago)
Bryte Shelyton
She takes money and vanishes
3. (29 mins ago)

Posted:    Justin

Awful company

American Equity Mortgage
americanequity.com
American Equity Mortgage is a scam. Please make sure you get a few good faith estimates to make sure you are not taken advantage off. They will try and charge you as much as they can on every loan. Company will not give you a GFE unless you come in to the office. Just beware your experience will differ greatly depending on your loan officer. Get a few quotes. They charge a lot of bogus fees and will take advantage of you if they feel they can.

They treat their employees unfairly, go search on google for their previous employees class action law suits. I was a top loan officer for the company. I was fired on a month where I closed seven loans. I was fired for telling my boss I was not going to work for someone who was going to slam doors and curse at me. I was put on corrective action that same day for not making enough phone calls on a day I had an in office appointment with a client and told I would be reassed 15 days later. They fired me the very next morning on a day where I had my eighth loan of the month closing and I was never paid for that loan, it was transfered to another loan officer.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Apr, 2009 by   Pat 0 Votes
As one of the nation’s leading mortgage companies, American Equity Mortgage is independently owned and has branches throughout the country. It is through our dedication to what we refer to as our “Three I’s”—integrity, intensity and impeccable customer service—that we have been able to exceed our customers’ expectations for over 17 years.

As an organization, we are committed to training our employees to ensure the best level of customer service is provided to our customers. Each customer receives individual attention at every step of the loan process and they are provided with a customized loan program that best achieves their financial goals.

Our dedication to customer service has been demonstrated through our numerous recognitions, including multiple Consumers’ Choice Awards and the Stevie Award for Best Overall Company.
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   belious1 0 Votes
My advice to anyone coming in contact with American Equity Mortgage should be cautiously careful because you are more likely to be screwed than help. To be specific, the branch that is located in Atlanta, Ga. (Marietta). Brandon Porchea, a representative of this company is the most deceptive representative have ever come in contact with. To play save, KEEP AWAY FROM THEM!!!
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   susan kierbow 0 Votes
unbeLIEVable! i had the same experience with brandon porchea today! he said one thing & did another, then would not take my calls! i am outraged that this company continues to conduct "business". PUBLIC BEWARE!!

Getting The Most Out of Skin Care