logo

eLoan.com
eLoan.com is a scam!
5. (18 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Albert

Awful place

Allied Health Institute
alliedhealthinstitute.org
Do not go to Allied Health Institute. Do not waste your time or your money. Go somewhere where people do not lie and rip you off. Go to a school where people actually do care.
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of May, 2009 by   Stacey 0 Votes
I found Allied Health Institute to be good school. They provided me with the education I needed to get a great job. The administration and instructors were awesome. I went to Kaplan for 3 months. I could not stand it and beside they were too expensive.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   hottie02123 0 Votes
when do allied health instute give out school checks
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   hottie02123 0 Votes
when does allied health Institue give out the students school checks
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   James the man 0 Votes
Your site should fact check before they post. Allied health Institute is a great schoolk. I got off to a great career from that school. Their teaching staff is to notch.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   ladyluke 0 Votes
I'm about to enroll in AHI for Medical Assisting and the admissions representative, was really informative and she was down to earth. She didn't talk as if she was selling a car, or trying to get me to sign up for something that I didn't need. I plan to enroll, furthering my education is very important to me, that's why I've researched plenty of online schools, and what I was looking for, I found in AHI.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   pettevy 0 Votes
Who ever is on here praising this school is probably administration trying to save their rep. This school is terrible. I am currently attending and never have I seen such unprofessionalism. I am out over $20, 000 and when I graduate I will know nothing. I am halfway thru and I can barely take PB. They are always full of lies and excuses. DONT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. I am so sorry I picked this school. I have to hang in there and do my best to get done.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   pettevy 0 Votes
Oh and another thing... they are very inundated. They are showing videos that are over 20 years old. The lab is not equipped and the clinical is a joke. That's even if you are lucky enough to get a clinical. IT is a shame that they can get away with this.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   PaulaTerry 0 Votes
I believe you are talking about Allied health Institute in Indiana which is not affiliated with Aliied Health Institute in Florida. It is the Florida school that is the good on. if you type in http://www.alliedhealthinstitute.com you will see that that domain is for sale. The real Allied health is at http://www.alliedhealthinstitute.edu. I went there and was quite happy with my education.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   mp68 0 Votes
I just graduated from AHI in Indiana and had a awesome experience. I am already working in the field I went to school there for. In fact the school was the one who got me my job as a tech. The teachers are great and my total tuition was under 12, 000 not bad considering I am now make 38, 000 ayear for my first job out of school. Bottom line, school takes work and the student s who complain the loudest are always the ones who do the least work. I would recommend AHI to anyone looking to better themselves.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   mrskt 0 Votes
I would hope no one from the school is deceiving people by coming on here giving false praise for this school. Please people do not do people like this. Let the education speak for itself.
 16th of May, 2010 by   SANDC 0 Votes
I THINK ALLIED IS A GOOD SCHOOL AND THEY HAVE GREAT TEACHERS AND STAFF! I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY LAST TWO SCHOOL CHECKS EITHER BUT I AM GUESSING THEWILL COME, WHO KNOWS! BUT THE EDUCATION IS GREAT AND I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FOR THE AGE THAT I AM, IT IS A GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCETO ME I HAVE RECCOMENDED THIS SCHOOL TO PEOPLE.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   Orial +1 Votes
I've just enrolled in AHI in Florida. I'm taking the Medical Coding Specialist program. The Admissions Rep was informative, helpful and a pleasure to speak with but then I waited nearly two weeks for a Financial Aid Advisor to contact me. Needless to say, I got tired of waiting and contacted them myself since classes are to begin shortly. The Financial Aid Rep was apologetic and within minutes my paperwork was processed. She had the Bookstore overnite me the books I she said I would need to begin. I'm not a Genius by any means but was quite dissapointed to receive a Basic Math Skills book and what seemed to be a 10 page thin book on Hepatitis A, B, C. WTF- was all I could think of!!
I do hope that the books get better as the classes continue. I picked up a 2nd hand book on Medical Coding which I absolutely love from Barnes & Nobles. Hope this school is worth the Tuition and my time!! But in regards to the 2 books they sent me... I have no doubt that I will ace those courses. I need more of a challenge and I hope AHI gives me what I need!! Wish me Luck!!
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by   j04ahc 0 Votes
Allied Health Institute is a wonderful school. Great staff and great teachers who are always willing to help. The prices are extremely reasonable as compared to other schools. They even help with job placement after graduation!! I would recommend this school to anyone!
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   Winer78 0 Votes
IM a RN my daughter was enrolled in their Clinical medical assistant program what puzzled me was that they were being taught Anatomy and Physiology before they even took a Medical Terminology class that was so backward to anyone who knows anything about the medical field I cant say that they are a bad school but they are very backward and it seemed to me that she wasn't getting the appropriate education so now she will be stating a jr college for Nursing in January right here in our own city and they wont charge out the tooshie like Allied Health Institution the LPN programs at jr colleges are cheaper than what allied is charging for their medical assistant program
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   lily*rhysmommy 0 Votes
I"m thinking about going to allied health institute online for the electrocardiography program? Ha anyone graduated from here with this degree? Is it an accredited school.. Is it ncct approved for the national exam?
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   jonathon 125 0 Votes
I am happy with the education I received. However the clinical coordinator total screwed me over, which she no longer works there. Also the financial aid department lead me to believe everything was covered under student loans, I find out two months after I graduated there is an outstanding bill of two thousand dollars. Now I have to pay both the school and the government about a hundred dollars a month which was not it my budget. I feel they said what they had to to get me to come to there school, I really feel misled.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   jonathon226 +1 Votes
make sure you know exactly what the charges will be what is covered by government loans. also finding a clinical site is up to you, you will have to travel around to several locations yourself which is okay because it allows you to introduce yourself to several offices which may be helpful in the future. However it is very hard to find an office that will take on a student.
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   Scott1980 0 Votes
I'm attending Allied Health Institute online and by far the best school. The addmission rep that I talked to was really nice and very informative. The teachers are great and I can tell they know what they are doing. If you have questions, you can call them. They are even good with getting back with you through email. I'm glad I have found Allied Health Institute. I would recommend this school to anyone. I give this school 100% A ++++
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   EKG Tech 0 Votes
I graduated from AHI in Fl 7 months ago. The insrtuctors were really great, except one who instructed the medical terminology class, she gave me a failing grade on my final test, when I contacted the dean and challenged my grade, I found out that I passes and the instuctor was wrong. Can you believe that she is teaching the class but did not know the correct spelling of the medical terms! Then the clinical part was horrible!! Even the staff at the hospital could not believe how unorginized the school was. Then they tried to keep a balance that belonged to me, I had to contact them several times before I recieved it. To top it off I have still yet to recieve my diploma, 7 months later!! I contact them and they keep telling me that I have not completed surveys that the school requires, yet I have completed these ridiculous serveys 4 times now and they claim theyre not in my file! Maybe that is because i have never dealt with the same person, people come and go there! ALSO, i was told when enrolling that career placment was offered, WRONG, I was told that their were course included that were never given! Im out $6, 800, 7 motnhs, I took the EKG course, I found out later i could have gone to a local tech school paid $400 and went 6-8 weeks and recieved the same education! DO NOT go to this school!
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   justme1955 0 Votes
There are a few drawbacks to attending AHI for Medical Coding. They say they will pay for the CPC examination to be licensed as a professional coder, but the test is administered by a lesser known organization, not AHIMA, which is the one most employers look for.

Clinicals are the problem of the student. It is up to you to find your own clinical program in your area. The HIPAA training is up to date and extensive. Their new AS programs are offered without prequistes, so if you happen across College Algebra, you have to have an immensely strong background in advanced mathmetics.

Unless you have prior experience as a Medical Coder you will not be hired as one. You can start as a receptionist and work your way up, but do not expect to be hired off the bat, and do not expect the school to find you a job. The Coding information is an introduction to coding and is not extensive at all. I liked most of my instructors, all but two, actually, but please do your research.

Real Estate Scam