logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
vacation rental partners
vacation rental partners marketing reviews scam
2. (15 mins ago)
dangerouslyeasyesl.com
The owner started to steal from me
3. (18 mins ago)
Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Affordable Dentures Complaints & Reviews - Horrible quality dentures and unacceptable service

Affordable Dentures Contacts & Informations

Affordable Dentures

Posted:    Valerie

Horrible quality dentures and unacceptable service

Affordable Dentures
affordabledentures.com
My 70-year old father went to the Affordable Dentures office in Zanesville, Ohio, to replace his existing dentures. My father had been reluctant to get his existing dentures replaced because he feared that he would have problems with the new dentures. Our family encouraged him to go ahead and get new dentures and assured him everything would be fine.

Unfortunately, we were so wrong. My father has spent the past several weeks trying to learn to adjust to the dentures made by Affordable Dentures, but never could wear the dentures they made for him. He went back to the Affordable Dentures office to advise him of his problems with the dentures, and the dentist said that he needed surgery to remove tissue from his mouth to make the dentures fit his mouth properly. Fortunately, my father refused such surgery and advised the doctor that the dentures were to be made to fit him - not do surgery on his mouth to make his mouth fit their dentures. The dental office filed the teeth down on the dentures they made for my father and sent him home telling him they should be fine now. My Dad spent the next several weeks trying to adjust to the new dentures to no avail. He then went back to wearing his old dentures again.

Our family encouraged our father to go back to Affordable Dentures and discuss the difficulties he has been experiencing with the dentures and ask for his money back due to the fact that they clearly did not have the ability to ever make dentures that would fit him. The Zanesville, Ohio Affordable Dentures Office made my father wait from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. before anyone would meet with him to discuss his issues. My father said that he kept asking the receptionist if they were going to make him wait all day to be seen, and they kept telling him to keep waiting. He said he left and came back two times to take a break from sitting in the reception area.

Interestingly enough, while my Dad waited in the waiting room for the majority of the day, he had the opportunity to talk to other patients visiting the office, and the other patients were experiencing the same sort of problems. He also discovered that several of the other patients were told they needed surgery on their mouth for the dentures to fit properly. One lady in particular had the surgery and she was having more problems than she had before the surgery had been performed.

I am absolutely shocked at the treatment my Dad received at the Zanesville Office of Affordable Dentures. I am further disappointed at the poor quality of the dentures made by Affordable Dentures.

Businesses such as this should be immediately closed by the State of Ohio and prohibited from operating in the state. It appears that a full investigation is long overdue of this office and the qualifications and corporate practices of the Affordable Dentures franchises.

Do yourself a favor, make sure you run the opposite direction of any Affordable Denture office before you have the unfortunate experience of dealing with them and their inexperienced staff and unqualified dentists.

Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2009 by   NOTSOHAPPYCAMPER 0 Votes
I JUST LEFT THE CONYERS GA OFFICE FOR A SIMPLE EXTRACTION OF ONE TOOTH THAT WAS CRACKED... AFTER WAITING FOR 3 HOURS IN PAIN I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD NOT PULL IT, IT COULD BE FIXED. I WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND I JUST DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT WHEN SOMEONE IS BEGGING AND CRYING FOR THE EXTRACTION THAT THEY SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE THIS. I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT THE HERD COMMENT AND I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHEN I GOT THERE TO LEAVE EVERY PT IN THE WAITING ROOM WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW AWFUL THEY ARE BUT I WAS IN PAIN.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   scottatgc 0 Votes
I had mine done in WV. it has been a year. They hurt my mouth, i cannot eat with them and i have been living on ensure for the entire year. These people should have to pay for everyone of thier patient to go to a real dentist and have their dentures made. it has been the worst experience of my life.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   columbuspatient 0 Votes
I took my father to the Columbus Location a couple days ago. They said they open at 7:45 when i called them, and so that's on their sign. we were there around 7:30. there're already 6 old folks waiting out side, and it was really cold on that day. The doctor and staffs came in at 7:40. We all thought they would let us get in because the cold weather. Guess what these cold heart did, they not only not open the door on time, they made you waited another 10 minutes outside. Every patient was angry.

Finally got in, the front desk refused to provide service to my father because he got refunded for the last denture from the previous doctor. Well, the prvious doctor did "too much" adjustment on the brand new same day made denture. We asked what he was going to do with that...he said we had to pay another full payment to have another one. that was unacceptable and unreasonable...he refused to continue to do anything...he refunded us to leave. That was the story. I don't think there exist "fair" in their office. they need to change their name from affordable dentures to horrible dentures.
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   Abs929 0 Votes
Ugh! I was in an accident 8yrs ago and it would have cost nearly $10 grand to fix my mouth. I did not have dental insurance, so I took the measures of having my teeth extracted. I had the extractions done over the course of several months at my local dental clinic. When it was all done, I went to affordable dentures in Winchester, Va. I came back the nect day to get my dentures and it was horrible. On the way home, I wore them to maybe get a better feel, thinking it was just me. But no, taking a good hard look in the mirror, the dentures protruded and the part the rests in the roof of your mouth was too much and it kept gagging me. I called the Dr. lees office to make an appointment for the next day and told them they probably needed to be a adjusted. I came back in, I was actually seen right away. Dr. Lee asked to see my dentures, I gave them to him and while I was in the middle of stating that sure it;s probably something minor, he told me to get "The hell out of his office". He was screaming at me. I am sitting there stunned and crying, thinking it's humiliating enough to have to lose your teeth at only 35yrs of age, but to be humilated even further by the dentist. I walked out of the office to the reception desk for my refund and the girl working there was so kind and compassionate, she heard him yelling at me and she suggested I call the 800 number to file a complaint, which I did, but it was all for naught. While the seemed genuinely concerned, they suggest I go to another office.
So, 8yrs later, I was put on a list for free dentures at the Charlottesville dental clinic, go this morning, really excited that finally something good is going to happen to give my self-esteem back, which had slowly been depleting itself from that horrible visit to dr. lee's office, yrs ago..lol only to be told " no, our denture list has been closed for 2yrs now!" they should have told me when I submitted my application and it stated what were my needs and I put dentures, they should not have wasted my time making an appointment for me.
So, back to square one and it looks like I will have to go to affordable dentures in Chester, va
now...to be continued...
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   rooby 0 Votes
MY wife went to afforable denture in springdale ar and her teeth are horrible and the dr keeps on saying it is her fault and he is very rude and they say there is no refund So do not go to them and I think they need to stand benind there product or close down and they reported to better buisness bureau
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   Tadaa 0 Votes
I have dentures from affordable dentures Ive had them for 3 weeks and I have had 3 different teeth fall out of the set. My old set lasted for 20 years with no problems until just this last year. I now see you get what you pay for.
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   pattay 0 Votes
I recently had all my teeth pulled & a set of dentures made at the Affordable Denters in Bluff City TN. They are horible !!!My bottom teeth stick about 3/4 of in over my upper teeth..I didn't have an overbite..I went back to the office today so they could fix this mess..they were rude..no compassion..BUT very quick to tell me how much money it would take to fix this mess..new teeth..although they said the reason my teeth didn't work was because I didn't enought gums to hold my teeth...I am sooo mad !!! but on the way home I passed All Care Dentures...aahh!! so I check it out...nice office, professional staff..how different from affordable!!!...& talk about affordable their dentures are only 199.00 a set..I LOVE MY NEW "ALL CARE" TEETH !!!
don't waste your time & especially your money on afordable denture...
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   Antoinette1 0 Votes
Affordable Dentures in Springdale, AR is horrible!!! Dentist was extremely rude and humiliated my father. The dentures were the wrong size, so big they wouldn't fit in my dad's mouth, the Dentist told my father the he must not be very smart if he couldn't figure out how to open his mouth right to get the dentures in. My dad was in severe pain and extremely upset by the humiliation and smartass unprofessional comments and treatment by this dentist. My dad got some of his money back and meanwhile continues to lose weight due to the difficulty of eating without teeth; he is looking for another dentist that cares and respects the patients. I don't know how this place stays in business; this dentist should have his license revoked! I'm reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and any other place or website I can!
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   Gary1968 0 Votes
I just left affordable Dentures in Daytona Beach Fl., and I wanted to say that the staff was very friendly, courteous and professional. I received an upper partial for $260.00 and I LOVE IT! I went in at 7:30 A.M. and picked up my partial at 1:30 P.M. it looked Great and fit perfect. With 60 days for any adjustments and a one year guarantee it doesn’t get any better. Dr. Wilson and Lisa are truly angels. I will always be their customer!
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   Briteyes 0 Votes
I wish this would have been available 8 years ago. OMG my experience is about the same as the others, poor quality, bad staff, lack of respect. This happened in Barboursville, WV, so yes, they all must be crap.. I will never ever do business with them, and I will NOT recommend.

Deb
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   EXCELLENT<3 0 Votes
I went to the Affordable Dentures office in Hopkinsville, KY. Dr. Tryon is EXCELLENT, the best dentist I've ever seen. The entire staff is friendly, organized, and helpful. I had my extractions done at a private dental practice but chose to get my dentures through the Affordable Dentures office to save money. I am SO glad I did! Right now, I only have my immediate dentures (which are basically the economy ones) and they look GREAT. The fit is awesome, this office was great about adjusting and relining as my gums have changed, and I will recommend them to anyone. Dr. Tryon and his staff really listen to their patients and really do everything in their power to make sure you look amazing. I was able to try my immediate dentures in due to an abnormal "shape" of my mouth, and make changes if I wanted. They make sure you are 100% satisfied before you walk out the door. I was so scared to go there initially because of all of these horrible reviews of other offices, but thankful that I went despite all of the posts like these because my experience was ten times better than I ever expected. I can't wait to get my permanent set, as I chose the premium set. If the economy immediate denture set looks this amazing, I can only imagine how beautiful my next (and permanent!) set will be.
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   Angry Affordable Employees 0 Votes
The reason you get your dentures at such a cheap cost is cause AffordableDentures screws their employees bad. I have been with Affordable for over 5 years now, with little to no thankx for my talents as a lab tech or my speed. We produce roughly 10-20 sometimes 30 dentures a day between $400-1250 a set depending on style. Yet you know what i get on salary? 32k as a lab tech and thats with bonuses! Add the crap benefits packet to that i might make a total of 36-38k a year if you even use the insurance at all. Which i dont. So lets take 20 sets at average of $600 a set, thats 12k a day. we are open on average lets say 200 work days in a year. so 12k times 200 is 2.4 mill a year. So yea, real close figure cause we made 2.2 last year. We have 2 dentist, 2 desk ax, 3 assistants and 4 lab members but only 2 of us are full technicians. So 11 employees in all. Now lets exclude the dentist and say 9 employees times 32k a year is only $288, 000. So either the dentist are over payed, which i know there not cause even the 2nd doc is bitching about pay. So lets give the docs 200k each a year. Still thats only 688k total and thats saying both docs make A-lot. Still where is the remaining 1.7 million???? So take what ever number you want from that for over head??? and you got your numbers, now times that by 150+ labs. Still this company is makeing way to much for me to be this under-paid, under-rated and over-looked. To top it off you cant dicuss your pay with each other, so who do you talk to when your regional manager never comes around and when he does all he says is shoot me an email which i have already done with a laughable response. a 2% pay increase!!! 2 percent for 5 hard working years. O by the way i make 32k NOW!!! thats after that pay raise LOL.
What sucks the most is there are only 3 labs in this town, so to advance my career i need to move, but how do you save anything too move with a wife and 2 kids on 32k salary????? Wish i had never started with them or atleast asked for more money to start with. Untill then as an employee i would say stay away from them, seriously all they want is your money $$$$ they could give a shit less about you as a patient. But still we employees dont get that money so being underpayed like this makes me as a person not care about the patient, all i want to do is finish my work and go home. There once was a time when i loved my career and helping people but untill i get out from under affordables boot thats just a dream.
So Basicly thats what happens to the quality at affordable, they ruin good workers to the point where they dont care cause they are over worked bad and like stated before way underpayed. If they where to start paying their employees what they are worth, odds of it are you would get way better quality dentures and service.
So on your next visit mention this fact maybe even print it and post it on their wall and we might get our point across pleaseing both us employees to better serve and please you the patients...
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   JN43 0 Votes
Horrible quality dentures and unacceptable service
I had my first set of dentures made Boardman/Poland
the Eco package Did not fit proper uppers was remade
and still could not wear with out ton's of Fixodent . the lower
was never able to wear, That's the first experience there
the dentist was nasty and rude, Second set I had made
there the upper teeth were pretty But those were also
poorly made very thin,
then for other unrated reasons they finally gave .The
Bottoms that were made does not fit at all can not even fit
on bottom gums . I was never able to eat with any of these
Dentures made, the last visit I also took those bottom teeth with
me so I could be fit for upper asked him to adjust a bit so I could
at least be fitted good for upper well he flat out refused saying nothing
wrong with them put those in and told me to bite down told him couldn't
to painful after I tried he pushed my mouth together causing sheer pain
and a cut to my lower Gum in the back. then he got upset and had the
upper made, with out a lower impression when going back to get upper
oh and I was told to leave old upper there and I did, but got it back
the lady called me back told me put denture in I did she said they would
tighten up after a few days I said they already are tight hands me a mirror
to look at teeth I said they maybe look ok, well i was happy for a minute
asked for mold of impression they took they claim it broke . came back 12.30 like told was made
to wait till almost 2 to even get my upper that was made they are not even correct made
have to shove in to even get to go under roof of mouth Oh and because I complained I was to
not to come back there, they just PASSING the buck make you pay for teeth before even made
Then expect you to wear the thrash they make that one can even wear those 2 bottoms
I have every denture made there and have photo'd all I am going to upload to internet
I am a very unsatisfied customer and this dentist is not no where near polite and blames
the Patient, Sorry Boardman/Poland not this time around I will not get stuck with crap
And when I told complaint dept. at affordable I wanted refund for those 2 bottoms they made
in past and the junk upper, they said he told them bottoms were not made there and they were
so have paper work and bottoms to prove it AND THERE MARKINGS ARE STILL ON THE TEETH
NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WEAR STILL LOOK LIKE THE DAY I GOT THE TEETH./
ANYWAYS on way home
on turnpike my mouth started hurting sheer pain I paged the dentist to and he called
back I told him how the denture hurt me and the way it was made,
was nasty to me and said
oh well sweetie nothing I can do about it I did not make them .in a very nasty tone AND HUNG UP ON ME.
Then a lady called said doctor said you paged him, and at that point I was already mad I felt passing the buck
why would I want to go back there the way I was treated this time around and all the times before needs to have
lesson's in how to treat people once they get your money they don’t care, AND TOLD HER I WAS GOING TO COMPLAIN TO BANK
Not this time I complained to bank AND EVEN TOOK THE DENTURE TO THE BANK AND SHOWED THEM.
and will keep on complaining I saved for 7 months to get those uppers, he needs to make right right on those
dentures made there bottoms and all, and I quote freedom of speech and telling the way I feel . asked why
I went back well where you suppose to go when you cant afford good dentures I guess you get what you pay
for, well not this time around After I take these and get paper work to back up what I say and already have
some paper work on the matter . when it is all said and done I am going to bust these in 50 million pieces and
put them in the trash where they belong, THRASH.AND SAVE FOR BETTER DENTURES I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
THIS DENTURE PLACE TO ANYONE . AND WILL NEVER GO THERE OR ANYONE OF THERE PLACES!
i DISAGREE WITH THESE AFFORDABLE DENTURES WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE !!! MY FACE AROUND MY MOUTH IS WRINKLE AND SUNKEN IN BECAUSE I CAN NOT WEAR DENTURES THEY MADE IN PAST AND THERE REFUSAL TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT . THE NEW DENTURE IS OFF CENTER VERY PAINFUL AND THE TEETH ARE ALSO OFF CENTER SOME LONG THAN OTHERS ALSO TOP DENTURE YOU SEE WITH TEETH SHOWING THROUGH WERE POORLY MADE AND NEVER FIT HAD USE TONS GLUE . AND THEY ARE SO THIN PLATE THEY FINALLY BROKE ALL WAY JUNK JUNK JUNK
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   JN43 0 Votes
JUNK

31st of Jan, 2012 by   betty Smyth 0 Votes
I have had a terrible experiance at Affordable Dentals and I am glad to see it is not just me.
The thing that bothers me the most is the lying, I paid for the most expensive plate. But don't' see any difference in any of the models. I got a temperary plate that was so hard to eat with I came back for an adustment. The teeth were so small it looked like I didn't have any teeth you couldn't see them. I wanted larger teeth . Dr. Robert Ramatar did nothing but lie to me.He and his tenatious assistant kept telling me my mouth was too small . I have always had large teeth. It has become such a problem to get larger teeth . It was suppose to be next day now The teeth was ordered and would not be in for three weeks. Why? I asked him why tell them to send them overnight. Oh no He couldn 't Dr. Robert Ramator told me he called and they would be here in a week . that was over two weeks ago still no date as to when they will be here. maybe never.This is in Port St Lucie Florida.
 23rd of Jan, 2013 by   always in pain 0 Votes
I also had the most horrable experience ever.I had 26 teeth pulled at one time.and what was suppose to be a 30 min. proceidure took over 2 hours. He got down to 4 final teeth to pull the needle he was useing, was not working so he looked at me and said that this was going to hurt, he then leaned over me and pulled them out as I felt all the pain. He then sent me home with no antibotice and when I returned with a severe infection, the other doctor on staff informed me that when pulling that many teeth, it's like having surgery and I needed the antibotics in the beginning. since then, there are so many bone fragments that I'm always in great pain, can't wear my dentures and can only eat soft foods.It has been over a year since this has happened and I'm still in pain and misserable. Please feel free to e-mail if you get any answers. Thank you, ...jbradley143@hotmail.com
 11th of Jan, 2014 by   Byron Scott 0 Votes
I had 23 teeth extracted at the Winchester, Va. Location. I have to say that the experience was less uncomfortable than some of my visits to a regular dentist to fix one or two teeth. Dr. Lee, although not very personable, was very efficient and professional. The whole process took less than 1 1/2 hours, and I might add that several of the extractions were complex. My appointment was on time, no waiting, in and out in an hour and a half .
Naturally, there was some pain and discomfort in the week following the extractions, but no more than one would expect .
I went back a week later and was fitted with the dentures, which, as expected took some time, but I left with a nice looking, full set of teeth, that same day .
The dentures got loose over the next month or so, due to the swelling going down, so I made a trip back to get them refitted ..Same fast and courteous service as before .
All in all, they did a fine job as far as I'm concerned. I was really surprised to see the negative reviews. My experience was very pleasant, under the circumstances, and I would highly recommend Dr. Lee and the staff in Winchester to anyone thinking of getting dentures .
Byron Scott
Fairfax, Va.
 20th of May, 2014 by   Grace Best 0 Votes
I went to the Jessup office May 7th and had my upper teeth pulled and immediate dentures put in. After the pain of wearing them and almost choking on them I went back for a fitting. They added a reline to them making them bulkier in the front of my mouth. The dentures had a 1/4 inch over bit to begin with. I asked about it and was told that was where my teeth were suppose to be. If that was the case then why didn't I have a over bit all my life. I looked as if I was right out of Mad Magazine, could have bought a better pair for a costume store that would have fit better. I said that it seemed as if they were tiring to change my looks the assistant said Yes she would, I said no. The doctor came in talking about cutting the bone and my lip down to fit their dentures, NOT. I tried to wear them after the refit. Couldn't do it, they just hurt to much. I had to take 4 advil every 2 hours to deal with the pain they caused, they were shoved all the way to my cheekbone and pressed into my nose. I took them back on Monday the 14th for a refund on the so called 100% guarantee, they kept 15% of it ($140). The doctor came in and said I needed time to heal because she might have cracked my jawbone pulling out the teeth, she knew what she did after giving me 4 shots to numb that area. I went to ClearVeiw to see about implants and was given the bad news that I can NOT get them for at least 2 to 3 years because the dentist at affordable dentures cut out part of my jawbone. I now have a place in my jaw that a grown man can put his thumb in. I have been told that if I get hit in the face my jaw will break. That's really great since I'm a cab driver, as if my job isn't a high risk job. The cost to correct what affordable dentures is going to cost about $24, 000 to $45, 000, guess who calling a lawyer this week, ME.
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   Jeanie Mary +1 Votes
Worse dentures ever! Extremely rude staff! I bought the expensive dentures! My 3rd set in my life time and the worse! Dentures were too small, ah don't worry your gums will shrink! Teeth up so high you can't see them when I smile! They dropped the gum line, but the teeth don't look real, my jaw line is now dropped! Total waste of $1, 400, once I pay it off I plan on having a new set made, so they look natural and fit! Bottom plate is the worse, even fixodent doesn't hold them! Don't waste your time with a assembly line of jerks, and don't deal with
the help who don't care! Of and don't bite down on anything for the top front teeth will fall out, yes they repaired them and they don't feel right. Wish I had read these comments before I wasted my time and money and travel time of over an hour each way!
 22nd of Oct, 2014 by   Swampwood 0 Votes
I walked away from the assembly line at Affordable Dentures in Scott, LA. feeling like a number that's been used. Dentures= A bottom set that is too thick/tall and loose to wear and with "tiny" little teeth in it, A top set with grinder marks dug in all across front teeth, yet fits ok. And a big giant hole in my bank account.

Money Transfer Scam