logo

LK Jewelry Designs http://www.promolk.com
Horrible Quality Ring, Worse Customer Service, RIPPED OFF
2. (1 hr 46 mins ago)
Jenna, the Astrologer
Don't fall for her emails
3. (2 hrs 11 mins ago)

Aeg Publishing

Posted:    Lynneddysucks

Fraud Marketing

AEG publishing
This company never follows through on what they claim. They have a contract manager that is simply a charasmatic person but has no idea what she's doing. Stay away from Lynn Eddy, she is a fraud pure and simple. She will talk sweet but has no clue about the publishing industry. Robert Fletcher LOVES to hire cheap labor and she is NO exception. You get what you pay for and she is no exception!

Here is their idea on marketing.

To: All

From: Robert

Re: Please help us reduce our dependence on Google
Advertising
by posting this blurb whenever appropriate.

Many of us surf the web and as we do, we might see opportunities to post the
following information about our company. If you see a place to "put us into
the list" would you please do so? (Adding a comment like, "this is the
company I work for and I am proud of what we are accomplishing" would be
nice. Of course, just posting it is fine too).

Here is the publishing version:

"Strategic Book Publishing (SBP) is a member of the Strategic Book Group
(www.StrategicBookGroup.com . Our imprints, Strategic Publishing and
Eloquent Books, have published over 1000 authors in the last twenty-four
months in all genres, including children's books. The Strategic Book Group
also includes a Literary Agency, Kindle and eBook Consulting, Writers
Services, a Book-To-Film Division, and a global foreign rights department.
When asked what Strategic does better than their competition, their CEO
states, "Frankly, our book marketing division is better than anyone's. We
are selling a ton of books for our authors in bookstores, in non-traditional
locations, and around the world. We attend the major trade shows in NY,
London, and Germany with our authors, and we are on top of all social media
and traditional marketing techniques". Our exhibit at the Book Expo in NY
was a resounding success! We had a double booth and numerous authors
attended with us. Here are some great pictures.
For more information please visit www.StrategicBookGroup.com.

Here is the marketing version:
"Strategic Book Marketing (SBM) is a member of the Strategic Book Group
which has published over 1000 authors in the last 24 months in all genres,
including children's books. The Strategic Book Group also includes Kindle
and eBook Consulting, Writers Services, a Book-To-Film Division, and a
global foreign rights department. When asked what Strategic does better than
their competition, their CEO states, "Frankly, our book marketing division
is better than anyone's. We are selling a ton of books for our authors in
bookstores, in non-traditional locations, and around the world. We attend
the major trade shows in NY, London, and Germany with our authors, and we
are on top of all social media and traditional marketing techniques". Our
exhibit at the Book Expo in NY was a resounding success! We had a double
booth and numerous authors attended with us. Here are some great pictures.
For more information please visit www.StrategicBookGroup.com.

Here is the Agency version.
The Literary Agency Group (www.WLwritersAgency.com,
www.WLchildrensagency.com, www.WLpoetsAgency.com,
www.WLscreenplayagency.com) is a member of the Strategic Book Group which
has published over 1000 authors in the last 24 months in all genres,
including children's books. The Strategic Book Group also includes Kindle
and eBook Consulting, Writers Services, a Book-To-Film Division, and a
global foreign rights department. When asked what Strategic does better than
their competition, their CEO states, "We are selling a ton of books for our
authors in bookstores, in non-traditional locations, and around the world.
We attend the major trade shows in NY, London, and Germany with our authors,
and we are on top of all social media and traditional marketing techniques
to spread the word about their work". Our exhibit at the Book Expo in NY was
a resounding success! We had a double booth and numerous authors attended
with us. Here are some great pictures.

----------------------------
Also, you will notice the move to Strategic Book Group. We are going to
slowly but surely move to that as a corporate holding company. We need a
better name than AEG, so that's where it is headed. My goal is to LOAD
GOOGLE WITH Strategic Book Group before it has a chance to get on the
negative message boards, so the more postings the better.

Ps. For every group of 5 places that you post us, we'll give you a thank you
bonus of $25. Send the URL list to Timesheet@StrategicBookGroup.com and
they will account for it there. If you want to post for hours to hundreds
of places and make a lot of extra money, that's fine with me, there are no
limits to this offer. This will be some of the best marketing money we will
spend.

Ps. If you have any other marketing or revenue producing ideas, please don't
hesitate to email me.. That's my job, revenue creation.
Rob
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Aug, 2009 by   Donnette Davis 0 Votes
I think it unwise and libellous to label someone or some persons as "frauds" without substantiation. It may happen that you are unhappy with Ms Eddy for whatever personal reasons you have, possibly being a disgruntled author yourself, perhaps not meeting the required standards of SBP/EB/AEG Authors and Publishers, but to lay a complaint of fraud in this manner really just begs the question of what it is that you are accusing Ms Eddy of, or is it just dissatisfaction at your own shortcomings.

Your complaint merely says "...has no idea what she's doing. Stay away from Lynn Eddy, she is a fraud pure and simple. She will talk sweet but has no clue about the publishing industry..."

I know of Heads of State Departments in certain countries who have absolutely no clue about what they are doing or should be doing - does that make them frauds?
 15th of Aug, 2009 by   L. McMillan 0 Votes
Robert Fletcher happens to be a man I know from a previous experience and who has worked many scams on authors. This point of low pay isn't nearly as bad as the person himself, Robert Fletcher.

I don’t loss much to him and his then associate but it was enough. He was here in south Florida at the time and if you check him out on the net you will find many who were bamboozled by him and his friends.
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   James Macdonald 0 Votes

Well, here's the substantiation:

From Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Suffolk, SS. Superior Court Civil Action No. 08-0272F:

"Over time, Fletcher used over ten names for publishing operations under the umbrella of the AEG Publishing Group. Basically, Fletcher and LAG were running a fraud by charging fees for all services while falsely giving hope to the authors that Fletcher and LAG would find a publisher for their book."

That's signed by Thomas E. Connolly, Justice of the Superior Court. and the full text of his order is available on-line as a PDF

P.S. Robert Fletcher is known to have over seventy aliases. There's no reason to believe that "Lynn Eddy" is a real person.
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   vegascat 0 Votes
Wow... it did seem too good to be true. Most agents are not so 'inviting' when it comes to you submitting work. They don't have any fast turn-around times either. It's more like "you're lucky to get me to even read your stuff..." But this site seemed a little too enthusiastic. Thanks for the warning (and also it did read like cheap MLM marketing copy - I mean, aren't they "literary" agents!).
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   danny johnson 0 Votes
glad I looked them up...it did seem too good to be true from what I know about the publishing business...thanks for the warning,
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   George Caldwell 0 Votes
Got their "Joint publishing" agreement today. I'm anxious to know who actually read my work. What they have in mind for editing. Who in the organization does the "polish" and stuff like that. I won't be using them, however I may give them a call and Mess with them for a while.
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   Sally MacIntyre 0 Votes
Oh dear - I have just given them a signed contract along with $400.00 - though I must say they have been very quick to answer any questions I have. Will let you know how it goes. I really hope they are not a scam, but if they are, how come they have not been investigated?
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   casner 0 Votes
I have published joint-venture with Eloquent Books and have been disatisfied with their performance. Anyone that has just signed with them needs to check out www.sfwa.org. It will open your eyes.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   Lucia Mann 0 Votes
I've done nothing but cry. I feel so violated...victimized by the scurrilous, scamming of Eloquent Books. It took me over ten years to research and write:Beside anOcean of Sorrow: Racial crimes committed during and after the Colonial occupation of South Africa. Now it was all in vain! My book is worthless! How can I face my family and friends... asking them to buy my book knowing it was produced under deception?
I could kick myself for being so trusting in my first ever submission to the WRONG agency. I wish I had opened my eyes, checked this site before throwing my long, hard work away. Just as well I didn't submit the sequel they wanted.

Lucia Mann
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   GW Foote -1 Votes
Strategic Publishing will not sell one book for you. It is all up to you! Thet can not get in any bookstore. I just read the CEO state that they have sold many books for their authors in bookstores ect. I am one of those author and they have not sold one book forme! They are deceptive and in some cases plain out lie!

GW Foote
 31st of May, 2010 by   Amelia121 -1 Votes
As a debut writer I want to say who cares where your book is published ? If it's not published no one read it and determine its merit . Banksy uses walls and buildings as his canvas for art Strategic are rising to the demands of a new digital generation every publishing house has questionable practices like only taking on people they know leaving 98% of submissions unread and fueling the demand for "celebrity" novels . At least this company are bold enough and innovative enough to take a risk on unidentified talent. I've read alot of negativity about their company but you know what without a company like them breaking down frontiers and crashing walls you won't get anywhere . Strategic are there to give you a chance mae the most of it or forever be consigned to the slush pile of the mainstream publisher who by the way is not immune from litgation and scandal ...they just hide it better.
 31st of May, 2010 by   Amelia121 -1 Votes
Look Strategic is not really the issue lots of people have different contracts with them if you're being asked to front costs or being asked for dough the truth is your work may not be good enough to take a risk on it. I know a first time writer who was snapped up by Strategic and is now signed to to one of the biggest names in publishing. Yes fairytales can and will happen . Every contract a publishing house do with a writer is different and it's unfair and wrong to judge a publishing company on negative responses writers may have had with them. while it may not be the ideal start for you as a writer suck it up if you're going to succeed and get over that "hurdle" you're going to have to change your attitudes. Strategic is not that different to any of the big boys in publishing in the big scheme of things everyone ends up paying for something down the line or at the outset it's the way the world operates . The mafia style operation of getting a book out would be laughable were it not for the fact that it is an ugly monstrous procedure step 1 Secure an Agent pray and hope that the God like Agent loves your work or back to the slush pile with you! Step 2 once you've secured your agent wait around for h/she to send it to the Editors at the publishing house and pray hope they're in with the Editor so your book can be submitted Step 3 now the deal may or may not proceed and your advance can be anything from $1000 to $10, 000, 000 step 4 fine tune rewrite do whatever they tell you to step 5 go to market but even if you are publisized and given more ad space than Jesus Christ don't expect it to be a New York times best seller it's all in the print if you can't write nothing will help ... Strategic have unconventional approach but for virgin writers they could just be the right way forward . Don't judge, don't give up just write anything is possible .
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   ANN EDMEAD 0 Votes
I have just started with Strategic sbp-PUBLISINGS I have not sent any money as yet. I need to know the truth..? Tell me more? If you have a complain put it down here to tell future writers. And the other side of the coin Did they do good by you? if so write that doen as well. Me ? I will look deeper before i open my purse and let the moths out. Ann Edmead
 17th of Apr, 2011 by   Angelica2 0 Votes
Run away. This company will take your money and give you nothing back. A writer I know published with them and had a horrible experience, over one thousand dollars spent for almost nothing. The book was published but they did nothing to help sell it and the cover was horrible.
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   publishedandfrustrated 0 Votes
Well I was happy with the actual product when it arrived. The gloss cover and binding looked really good. Little did I know that even the bookstores that were hoping to carry my book would not be able to based on distribution issues and return policy issues. The price of the book was really outrageous as well. The cover art was mine and they did nothing regarding editing...but they took money for the editing aspect of the book as well as the money for cover design. There were no typos but I have since found two sentence fragments and a tense issue since the voice is in the past tense throughout. When I asked for edits they have assessed another bill. Unfortunately, they are within there rights because it is in the contract that once you ok the proof, any further edits will cost. This would sit better with me if they had done at least a bit of editing for the money I gave. Instead, they say that it was my responsibility when I approved the final galley and would like more money. One of the bookstores that I now have a relationship with is the second largest in a huge city. The are looking to carry my book but delivery takes six to eight weeks and they can not do a transaction without an agreement for returning unsold product. I feel very frustrated about this but...

This first book did open the door for other books that I have done. I got a professional editor to look at them ( a friend ) and again, she found mistakes that I had missed. People who are unaware that one can self-publish and get a book on Amazon see the book is on Amazon and their eyes open wide. Strategic Book group does nothing really and they use the money you have given for this. They claim to have their books on Barnes and Nobles but that is false in the case of my book. Ingram books also does not list my book in a search for its title. After all is said and done, you have some choices...

1) Pay the 1000 dollars plus and get a good looking product (my case anyway) that may have errors since their editing team proved that in the case of my book. Your book will receive attention based on your efforts only...unless you want to pay more money. If you are rich and don't care about money, go with Strategic Books. The world will not see your book though. Friends and contacts will be the ones who see and buy the book and then royalties will come to a standstill. Oh yeah...royalties are presented as a very positive thing with Strategic, but that is not the case. Amazon takes 50% off the bat. You forget to factor in the costs for printing that is also very high on their end. And then you split the profit. I will not give my details but I will never get my investment back because they are not an attractive source for bookstores unfortunately.

2) Self-publish with the same results but you have saved a ton of money. Your book will not get a lot of world exposure, but you are not out of pocket like situation #1. This first endeavour may be a foot in the door with some legitimate publishing company, but that is about luck and a lot of hard work.

I am stuck with my first decision to publish and pay Strategic Books, but I will not do so ever again!!!

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide