logo

Long John Silvers
Undercooked fish
2. (2 mins ago)
Sheridan Labs
Charging my Debit CArd without Auth.
3. (47 mins ago)
Rogers
Overcharge on bills
4. (58 mins ago)
3vuecs.com
cutting money from the bank`
5. (1 hr 15 mins ago)
Easy Spirit Shoes
Defective shoes

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

4SeasonsNurseries.com Complaints & Reviews - I got sticks!

4SeasonsNurseries.com Contacts & Informations

4SeasonsNurseries.com

Posted:    Traci

I got sticks!

I hate to admit it but I was stupid and thought that I was really getting a good deal by buying plants over the internet. I have bought other products online and have yet to be disappointed until now. I ordered plants from Four Seasons Nurseries. I got sticks. Literally sticks. A few have some buds on them. I suppose the company feels they are covering their ass by stating that the plants are sent in a dormant state, but these are not even plants. The tree is one single stick. There is not a branch on it. I do not even know how I am supposed to plant this in my yard without it falling over. This was the most outrageous false advertising I have ever fallen prey to. It's no wonder other people have said the sticks die when they plant them because there is nothing to support them. Fortunately, I do still have my shipping label and I plan to send everything back. Although, based on others experience it probably won't do any good.
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2007 by   Pam Footen 0 Votes
Hi I bought some too. Mine were sticks to but i planted them. I put chicken wire around them and they are doing good all but one. I am going to see about sending that one back. Hope you have better luck.
 11th of May, 2009 by   Dan Braun 0 Votes
I had holes all dug and steel posts driven next to them, the PawPaws were sticks that never did anything(dead sticks).Just one blue spruce turns green this spring(17 dead sticks)The cherry trees are green and growing as are the royal empress trees.
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   depeched8004 0 Votes
On March 26, 2009 I ordered a number of plants from 4 seasons and paid $123.94. These were not shipped until sometime in May with many dead trees/plants. I planted according to instructions, but those which had appeared dead were indeed dead. So, on June 13, 2009 I called the place and spoke with a lady who told me that the plants I had listed as dead along with the copy of the original check for payent she requested. This week (July now) I received a list of the plants with a list with a small blue slip at the top asking to indicate how many of each item died and asking that I return the shipping label. I had already explained to the lady I spoke with on the phone earlier that I did not have the shipping label and that was when she advised that if I sent a copy of my original check that would suffice. 20 of the plants died and I marked those on my mailing to you of June 13. These plants amounted to $59.00.
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   richard craighead 0 Votes
I place a order in Feb., and i have not receive it yet, I lived in moss Tenn. I call and get busy signal.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   catsk8er 0 Votes
Same bad experience with this company. Bulbs were shipped very late, they were mush when they arrivedI was told to put them in the ground and wait. What? wait? they were dead bulbs. I spent $80.00 and cannot get a refund, they keep throwing up roadblocks and wouldn't return my call within the proper time to recieve a refund
I'm out $80.00 and mad as a wet hen with this company. I ordered through the mail and will never order from them again. I'll stick with tried and true companies that have some idea of what customer service and repeat business it all about. DO NOT ORDER FROM 4SEASONS NURSERIES. I vowed to them to spread the word to other gardeners.
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   Love to Garden in Omaha 0 Votes
Has anyone ordered this year from 4 Seasons? I am seeing the complaints above, but wondered if anything has changed?

Simple Ways to Save $1,000