logo

Refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

2020 Companies, Tampa, Florida Complaints & Reviews - this company is a big scam

2020 Companies Contacts & Informations

2020 Companies

Posted:    Blackshark

this company is a big scam

2020 companies
5911 suite G Breckenridge Pkwy
Tampa, Florida
Phone: (813)623-2007
Florida 03/12/2009: I worked for this company for over 6 months. They truly are a SCAM. They have changed their name well over 3 times and it's just funny how it happens when they have this BIG problem with people's paychecks. They go by 2020 communications now.I saw a lot of people get promised a lot of things and got nothing. Well over 10 reps were owed THOUSANDS of dollars. The company kept coming up with excuses as to why the money wasn't there. This happened for well over 6 months until finally people just gave up and started quitting.

Pay: It wasn't bad at first, until people started getting short changed out of their paychecks without explanations. Then the commissions got smaller. They take money out for uniform items you never see, for example shirts, I was only issued 3 and was charged for 8.
Respect: I have none for the company as they have no respect or consideration for their reps or families. But, they say they take care of their own...HA !
Benefits: there are none. Everything is on your dime
Job security: As long as you meet your quota you are fine. God forbid you get bad turf or a place that has been covered by reps too many times before. They don't want to hear it.
Work/Life balance: You have no life, especially if you become a General Manager. They work you from sun up to sundown and sometimes expect you to come in 7 days a week. As a rep you work 6 days a week and you better be knocking on that last door by 8:59 pm. What kind of response do you think we get??? I barely saw my family while working there.
CAreer potential/Growth: Ask any General Manager, you can get promoted, but you have to be part of the good old boy network. Once you are promoted they look for the smallest thing to fire you.
Location: Not bad if you live nearby, however, the territory you cover could be an hour away...and you better still be knocking at 8:59 PM
Coworker competence: A fair amount of people that don't need to be selling FiOS
Work enviroment: It's like a cult in there. Sometimes it gets scary. You have to show false motivation and hope they bite. They MAKE you say and do some of the most stupidest things I have ever seen in my life.

I didn't get fired, I quit after over 6 months. I stayed that long because I needed the money. In my short time there I saw a lot of bad things happen and wonder how this people are still in business. I honestly think someone needs to investigate these jokers..., If it ever happens, don't interview the people that are there now, Talk to the ones that are out of there I guarantee 100% you will get the same story from all of them. Anyone thinking about working with them, PLEASE DON'T DO IT !!! you will regret it. ...if there is anyone out there reading this that can do something about it PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE start a thorough audit/ investigation. These people need to be stopped !!!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jul, 2009 by   SpecialistGrant 0 Votes
I worked for 2020 for a number of years and in many positions and i can attest everything this person put down is true and its the same reason i left. Many times i had to give checks out that were no where near the amount of what they should have been. The only compensation they ever recieve back is a BS Excuse. I hope enough people come forward about this same issue, so one day they get sued and we can get some type of settlement from this company for all the money they owe former employees. For me that number is easily to the tune of 40k but i would be happy just to know they cant keep taking advantage of people.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   wiwiwi +2 Votes
Hi People, I thank you a lot for these complaints. I was able to read it and stay away from this company. They invited me for an interview and said they have a job fair. I searched about this company and hopefully I found this complaints board. I am grateful to read this. Thanks!
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   PA job hunter +1 Votes
I second "wiwiwi's" comments. I am looking for a new career but am not this desperate. Thanks all for sharing your experiences!
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   Smooth357 0 Votes
thanks for posting I will stay away.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   Frank'O 0 Votes
Thanks to 'wiwiwi's" also. I can see the PA job hunter, was probably going to the same semiar I was SUPPOSED to got to today.

Thanks for them not wasting my time.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   20/20 Employee -1 Votes
I currently work for 20/20 at the corporate office. Its a real place, with real people working. We employ over 485 retail sales reps at verizon wireless stores. We also staff for D2D and B2B sales. The D2D sales reps that work hard and show up make anywhere between 30-60k per year. We have hundreds of success stories every week.

Most of these complaints come from people who refused to actually go door to door and sell! That is part of the job! If you do it, and follow your training, you can make great money! Nobody has ever been shorted a paycheck. You get paid for each item you sell, bottom line.
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   Like it is -1 Votes
FOr the 20/20 Employee, 20/20 or 2020 Companies, or 2020 Communications may employ these people to a certain degree. However, the trun over rate is ridiculously high!! Why?? I bet it is because they don't pay thier Independent Contractors on time, they hire only "robots" for their General Manager positions. They prefer young, unsuspecting adults who are sold on "titles." They promote for the most part young adults who are impressed with the Presiden't material acquisitions, and all the hype. Sure, this company makes a lot of money, they pay poorly. They keep all the residuals paid to them by Verizon, Clear, and etc., and pay the D2D people a low down fraction of the commission they receieve on commissions. It explains the poor quality of experienced and professional people they hire for the D2D sales. They need to pay people the money they earn and stop pretending to CARE ABOUT ITS EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS! That's all bull*!@# and hype. They could give a damn about you. I know from experience.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   Don't listen to the naysayers -1 Votes
I'm a rep in LI NY and love the company, I've worked for over two years here. I work hard, make sales and get paid great. Verizon cause issues with payment and its not Verizon, I have proof. To anyone crying about the company steals money, they keep residuals, its a scam don't know their ass from their elbow. I work 5 days a week make 3 to 5 sales everyday, work from 3-9pm besides Mondays and Fridays where I have a meeting at 12noon at the office for an hour and I get paid $1, 500 plus a week. I don't want to be a manager cause you do have to put in more hrs but if you want to put in those extra hours you'll make close to $100, 000 a year plus benefits. This isn't to the crybabies on this forum. It's to the people that are thinking about trying the job, don't listen to these people that are saying bad things cause they weren't working hard and couldn't make sales, again this is a sales job so if you can't sell you don't belong. I'm 38 yrs old have a degree from a major university and hated being a lawyer. This is a great job and yes they have a lot of young people. I wish I was 18-23 when I found this job. It's a great company and I'm lucky to have it. Don't let someone on a forum make a choice for you, even me, go in and see what they offer you and make you own choice.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   another day another investment -1 Votes
To everyone on this page, I worked for this company and had made them very successful on the west coast each office 11 of them made 55K to 100K in weekly revenue. Making easy money I won't deny. Having to attend silly mandatory meetings and during those meetings we were forced to practice their religion belief, well we can't deny that from anyone but when it's mandatory it becomes a problem, especially when you are being harassed with being unemployed or breech of contract. You have the right to refuse and when it is being forced that is lawsuit (FYI) trust me I know I won my lawsuit.

Does the company cheat their workers form their commission yes they do, not unless you were on another reps territory, then that is on you, now that commission will get paid to the rightful rep for that territory, however if you were invited by that rep than it is fair game. On the other hand if you didn't fill up your paper work properly and assume that you will get paid then your wrong. BTW your lawyer can also request from the communication company (verizon, comcast, cox) copies of your paper work. trust me I know this. 2020 will not want to indicate to the company that they are not honest employers or contractors.

Commenting on what the LINY rep said, surely anyone can work if their willing to blind themselves from all of the bullshit that goes around and only work walking straight ahead there is money to be made, so if you are one of those who don't give a shit about all the politics and assholes that goes on in the company then who gives a damn don't deny yourself from making money if you don't seek growth in the company and only live to work then you will make lot's of money, if you keep track of your paper work and be very meticulous and do what is expected of you...

To the rep, that got ripped off, my advice if you want something done and can't afford to pay a lawyer upfront fees call legal aide, that's what I did, I worked my tail off for this company and was very successful at it. Some of them in the company could not stand the fact that others can advanced further than those who only knows how to kiss butt and really can't produce numbers, the amount of years can't even amount to those who really take pride in what they do and how it's done. I don't know really what happened to you but I can only convince you to call legal aide and see where you stand on this believe me one of the owners is a complete idiot, lord knows how he continues to operate businesses I guess that goes with the many aliases.

Good Luck in your victory and good luck to those who will be working for 2020 there are many experiences out there than you can benefit from. If you can survive working for this company 6 months to a year than you will have no problem finding a company that will give a damn...
 19th of Nov, 2009 by   Dont think its a joke? Try it then LOL 0 Votes
lol this company is a joke your success stories are a joke and everything you stand for is a joke, I personally watched commissions get slimmed down twice since i started working there, even went across country as a traveling agent for the company WHERE I WAS PROMISED BY REGIONAL MANAGER COMPENSATION FOR TRAVELS. Recieved nothing going halfway across the country to promote and help blow up a new market for the scumbags. Making their pockets huge they wouldnt even give me 250$ for gas and a hotel room when I got there. Nothing professional about these people or this excuse of employment
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   to the whiners. -1 Votes
Company was fine. Got paid on my deals. Even received my PTO (paid time off) check after leaving the company (following my 2 week notice, i was fired for a no-show, my bad.). You get paid on install, and with my experience, not many reps check on what gets installed. So if ya sold it, and it didn't install, you cant say they owe you $. But to the idiot blackshark, its sales guy. Go work at a car dealership and you will write an article twice as long. The sales industry is not for the whiners. oh my god, i had to work til 9. wah! try working 90 hrs a week and having managers telling you a day off on your schedule is nothing more than an ill advised suggestion. Successful people do what unsuccessful people don't! "Job security: As long as you meet your quota you are fine" -as with most sales jobs Mr.Observant. ill just leave it at that.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   runforyourlife +2 Votes
Is this a job where you will work a ton of hours, YES. Is this a job where you are 100% commission which means if you dont sell you dont get paid, YES. Is this a job where you need to sell your soul to become successful, YES.

This job is all about a dream. It's all about the next refresh cycle or a new area being new to fiber. You are literally brain washed by all of the success stories because that is the only thing to work for and keep you going. They recruit people who have the "do whatever it takes" mentality. I was one of them. Key word "was".

I was a manager in a market that was supposed to be the #1 market in the country. That was the furthest thing from the truth. Not once did the market ever live up to the hype that was told to me during my recruitment. Nothing actually lived up to the hype.

The hours are insane and there is no doubt about that. What makes them bearable is the idea that you will be making 200k a year as a manager. Then you can at least work hard play hard. WOW! Another lie. Not only did I never come close to making that, the hours just got longer and longer and the pay worse and worse. When you are working your ass off you want to be rewarded.

Let's talk about the CASH. 2020 makes money. There is no doubt in my mind about that. That money is all of the way at the top. To get there...get on your knees and open wide. They should have asked me if I spit or swallowed when I came onboard. That is literally what you need to do. Trust me though, I am not nieve in thinking that all companies you dont have this "game". You need to play the game to move up and it is all about being with the right people. However with this group, there is no self respect and your "so called" friend or peer would stab you in the back if it meant their rise through the ranks.

More money talk...

1) Pay structure changed at least 4 times always hurting my wallet and helping those above me. Love your people? More like fuck them

2) Rejects - People cancel all the time in sales. I get it. I sell and know the drill. The problem that I have is that when you get rejected for a sale but the customer is installed and you dont get paid. How the hell does that make sense? I ran the numbers on a national level and companies dont let that kind of money go without a fight. Someone was getting paid it was good the good ol' boys in Texas.

3) Weeks when all the sales are rejected due to validation and no one gets paid. Please tell my bill collector that VZ is having an issue with validation. Straight bullshit.

My advice to anyone is to run as fast as you can from this company. I wouldnt want anyone to have to deal with what I did for so long. There are tons of jobs where you can make more money than this one. Stay the course and stay away from these guys
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   cavemaneca 0 Votes
So, for now I'm not going to get into the complaints about this company that my just seem biased. I'll only tell you facts.

First, Hours.
Morning meetings started at 9:00 AM. Mandatory. Must be on turf reasonably by 10:00 AM. Anything more than 45 minutes of break time during the day made you afraid you'd lose your job. Must be on the doorstep or on the call when 8:59 PM rolls around(call in for sales closes at 9 PM). After that, you still have to report back to the office, to complete your paperwork. Then, there was a mandatory conference call at 10:00 PM until around 10:30PM. After that, you can leave. Repeat this every day except Sunday for reps.

Total Hours(inc driving time to, from home): 81 (13.5 per day)
Average Weekly Rep Pay: $250
Hourly Rate: $3.10

Now, I was one of the top in sales for my office, making more about $400 weekly($4.94/hour). For the entire time that I worked there, about all I could do when Sunday rolled around was rest for the day, and mentally prepare for the torture of the next week.

Now for the biased parts.

Besides the plain simple numbers, morals among those working there are nonexistent. At my office I as underage drinking and illegal drug use constantly, along with the common practice promoted by the higher ups of LYING to potential customers. First was using made up positions telling the customer that you are some sort of regional manager or something for the telephone company. Second, you have to hide the fact that you don't actually work that company, but some BS contractor since the company itself couldn't allow the kind of sales practices it needs to get more people stuck owing them ridiculous amounts of money.

Confirmed and Validated sales often went unpaid because of said "paperwork errors". Example: Saying a certain box was checked when it actually wasn't, but because of that the whole form is no longer valid. If, sadly, you do decide to work for this company, learn quickly what you are supposed to check, and save copies of every form. DON'T accept forms from your manager that don't have a back copy for you to keep. The forms should have at least 4 pages, so that you have copies for you, the customer, your manager, and the original sent in for validation.

Besides all of this, don't believe the people still working there that say otherwise, about hours OR pay. I know for a fact that they will immediately switch to our sides once they get fired or just plain realize how poor the job quality is.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   nitroboss +1 Votes
i agree that this is the bigest scam of my life they are just here to rip you off right in front of your face and trying to get away with it i have worked with them for a long time and they just steal all your money from you and just say that that the company just did not get payed that is why we do not get payed but i did my homework on this company and it is the BIGEST Bs in the world
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   Rc parks +2 Votes
Ive been working in this comany for 6 weeks and all the negative stuff on this web site is happeneing to me too.. any body that has had a bad time with this company and they may owe you money email me zero_skater_04@hotmail.com or zero_skater_cky@yahoo.com.. we need to stop further negative acctivities in this company
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   victimforthought +3 Votes
AHHHHH! This is ALL so true. They are the creepiest company I have ever worked for in my life. They ran a very homophobic cult like institution that was worse than any self-help infomericial at 3 a.m in the morning. These people lived an breathed 20/20, but behind closed doors everyone was a heavy drunk or drugged out motherucker.They'd overwork us we'd get off work drink and do blow till the next morning and do it all over again. Even the bosses looked strung out sometimes. It was always a constant hustle with no room for excuses... Sound like crackheads to you? constant hustling??? I wouldn't be suprised if a crack head ripped me off, and 20/20 runs there sales team and reps like chinatown after dark. So I am not suprised whatsoever to hear multiple stories of this company ripping people off. They blow huge monkeyballs
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   RemsCreed +1 Votes
hi i am yet another person who has worked with this 20/20 companies i have been recieving checks that are no where near what i was promised to make. I was told buy justin moser that i would make anywhere from 30 to 120 per each sale 30 for a single an 120 for a triple play sale an i made a double along with a single an only got $34.44 for my pay check they even took out money from me for a jacket fee an shirt fee last time i checked i don't have a jacket from them. I am just another guy 18 yrs of age who was screwed by this company don't apply for this job unlees u like to loose money sure it was good for what they tell u an it is commission pay but unless ur makeing 25 sales a day ur not making any real money that u could be making with even a low paying job such as fast food. An dont get me wrong fast food sucks for minimum wage but u would still make more money.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Danger 2020 +1 Votes
I agree with the comment of this company is a ripoff I used to work for the retail department and I was offer management left and right. Also for people who will try to say that I did not work I was always in top 10% of all sales rep. So please be advised this company steals hours from verizon and also commisions out of there sales people in the retail department. The GM that I was working for was the worst manager I ever had. If you had any disputes about commisions he did not due anything about it, also when you had (PTO) personal time off. They would take for ever to pay you that money. If you are offer any type of employment with this company please don't take it. I am causcasian white boy and I have to say there is a lot of racism and a lot of discrimination against Latinos, Women and African Americans...

Don't work for this company is a total scam !!!
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   Gerguzini +1 Votes
I just got an email from this company wanting to see me for an interview. I'm glad I did research on it and found all these comments. I WILL DEFINITELY STAY AWAY.

Thank you!
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   Iso100 +1 Votes
I 2 was offered an interview by a
"general maneger" for 20/20 and verizon named Justin. I had a bad feeling this was a scam but anyways I came 2 the interview. Right now I'm sitting in my car, outside of the office waiting for MR. Justin and he is half hour late! <----first red signal...no secretary? Such a "big and important company" who has no secretary, no front desk, just a guy who doesn't even get 2 the interview on time <-----second red signal. Anyways, thank God he didnt show up and I decided decided 2 google the company while I waited in my car.

Identity Theft Strikes 1 in 8 Adults