logo

Jamie's Rescue
dog rescue
3. (13 mins ago)
fweshdesigns.com
I can’t reach the seller
4. (19 mins ago)
Beware

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

1st Financial Bank, Sioux Falls, South Dakota Complaints & Reviews - Beware customer

1st Financial Bank Contacts & Informations

1st Financial Bank

Posted:    Valerie

Beware customer

1st Financial Bank
5959 S. Mogen Ave
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I never in my life thought I would regret using this credit card company. I've been with the company for 8 years and my balance is not paid off yet. I always have auto debit taken out. Not just for the min payment but a little extra added to auto draft. Out of the 8 years I've never been late. The last time I used the card was in 2005. Before then the card was last used in 2002. I called the credit card company yesterday to ask why auto debit is not set up anymore. I was advised it stops after two years. I was advised if I wanted to reset up auto debit payment I will have to pay at least 290 dollars a month. I was advised the reason for the change was a federal law. I asked did they sent something in the mail regarding the change they told me yes. I told them since they sent it once to resent it again. The rep was speechless, reason for speechless because he lied. Then he tells me another reason for increase of monthly payments is to avoid late fees and other fees assetment. I asked when was the last I used the card. He was speechless again because the last time I used it was in 2005. I told rep he is just feeding me Crap because he do not know what to say. I asked about getting a decrease in my apr. Was advised the lowest apr they have to offer. I asked if I wanted to make a payment over the phone or online, he told me a fee can be $12 or 12.50. I cannot believe this credit card company. Every day I regret this card. Its like a nightmare. I cannot wait until I do a balance transfer to zero out this account. Then all my worries will be gone. I cannot wait. Please do not sign up with this company. Fyi I will be sending a letter to Corporate office. I really don't think they will do anything about it. I really don't think the company cares about their customers at all. BEWARE!!! DO NOT SIGN FOR A CREDIT CARD COMPANY. TRUST ME I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. A VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER I AM.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jun, 2008 by   Jeremy 0 Votes
I'm having the same problem to I really regret getting this card. In the beginning its was fine the limit went from like $300 to $1500 in about 2 months but after I stopped using it for about a year thinking I paid it off and not receive a single statement. But out of the blue I get a statement saying I owe $1600 . I call them asking whats going on and telling them I haven't used this card over a year. The tell me they have no idea what going on and that they will send me more information and its been 3 months since then and Iv called them back and no one know what I'm talking about
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   Kathleen Ozzie 0 Votes
They will never send you information letting you know what you are being charged for. My husband canceled this card 3 times and paid the balance in full..months later he recieves calls with new service charges. They are a fraudulent companty. I am now looking into a small claims suit, and reporting them to the police department as fraud. Unbelieveable!!! His balance is $2000.oo plus, and all of that is some kind of bogus servie charge that they will not send a bill for. The collectors they use are the most unprofessional group of thugs I have ever had the displeasure of talking to.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   MBLACK05 0 Votes
Well that is scary. I have had this card since I was 18... used it to pay for my school books for college... 1990 dollars later... and not having used it in two years it is still at 1990... i was going to get a small private loan to pay it off, but GUESS WHAT!? my credit not so good.. and guess who was responsible... 1fbusa! FU*K
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   SteveFtl 0 Votes
Ist Financial Bank, south dakota is the WORST credit card company out there in the credit card world. Hopefully with the new credit card legislation taking effect next february 201o, some of their illegal and usuary methods will be stymied!!

Personally, after closing my account with a CERTIFIED LETTER, RETURN RECEIPT this bank continued to pile on fees and interest to an account that had a ZERO balance. Doing this without EVER sending a bill to my residence that has been the same for the past 7 years. First found out about it when my credit monitor sent me an email stating a had a "new negative." I immediately disputed this company and balance and after 6 months was able to get it removed from all 3 major credit bureaus. What a hassle!!

People, save $300 or $500 dollars and get a secured credit card from Capital One or Bank of America or some other company!!! 1st Financial Bank, South Dakota is a predatory lender and will only cause you heartache and problems.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   Samantha P. 0 Votes
I first got the card when I was 18. I was getting ready for graduation and prom so I splurged a bit. It got out of hand and eventually I ended up owing them over 2, 000 dollars. I admit to my stupidity when it came to this card. Especially the fact that it was one out of three. I hadn't had the card, in fact I cut it up in 2002 or something like that. I was working up to three months ago and was paying them roughly 120 a month. I eventually had utilities that I had to pay for so i was on a tight budget. They sent me notices about cutting off late fees and such, the problem wasn't that. They constantly call my phone daily. So much so, they will have a representative call you like two times before saying they never did. I even told the guy he called exactly two weeks ago. They call and when you pick up they don't say anything and hang up. Then they call asking you to clarify your identity. What I don't understand is that after I decreased in the amount paid why are they still threatening to put me in collections? I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS ACCOUNT WAS ALREADY IN COLLECTIONS AND IT GOT SENT BACK TO THEM W/O MY KNOWLEDGE ALL B/C I MADE A BIG STINK ABOUT MY E-PAYMENT WAS TAKEN OUT AND NO ONE COULD FIGURE OUT WHERE IT WAS SENT TO...(THANKS CHASE FOR HAVING MY BACK ON THAT ONE)! I've told these people on several occasions that I am willing to pay the money I just lost my job and that's when they ask if my parents can help me or something? Or do your parents have a checking account? I'm like even if they did I'm not about to tell you! And another thing, WHY THE HELL DO YOU KEEP THREATENING TO PUT ME IN COLLECTIONS IF I AM ACTUALLY PAYING MONEY OFF A CUT UP CARD?! I CAN UNDERSTAND IF I DIDN'T PAY ANYTHING THEN I CAN SEE MYSELF BEING PUT IN COLLECTIONS, BUT WHY PEOPLE? THE EXPLANATIONS I GET ARE SO STUPID AND AREN'T EVEN WORTH WRITING DOWN. I'M SO FED UP WITH THESE PEOPLE. I HAVE MANAGED TO PAY OFF THE OTHER TWO CARDS, THANK GOODNESS...BUT 1ST FINANCIAL IS A PAIN IN MY BUTT. STOP WITH THE CONSTANT CALLS AND THREATS!

BTW stop calling from telephone numbers that coincide with the areas that people live in...this is another ploy to trick ppl into thinking that a friend may be calling you from a new number or payphone and when I answer you want me to make a payment without you even so much as identifying yourself. You need to get a life and stop praying on kids getting ready for college. You are a nasty bunch and I can't wait to pay off the remainder of this balance. I want nothing more to do with you or any credit card again.
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   Arielle A. Colman 0 Votes
I agree with everyone. This card company is a fraud and rips good people off. I'm 19 years old and got an offer in the mail saying that it was good for college students so I signed up and got a $150 limit even though my credit was a 700. I called back from the one time when I found out it's illegal for them to be calling that many times in one day and they kept talking over me and refusing to let me speak and when i finally asked if i could speak the lady hung up on me and was a supervisor. I will be contacting them again regarding the terrible service I have recieved yet again. They are terrible people and will do anything to get a dime from you. I cut up my card and it was down to $100 and then I get a call saying I owe $180.00..How the hell do I owe this much when I haven't used he card???? They said it was fees built up which is riduclous because I am up to date. I hate this company and would not recommend them to ANYONE.
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   zqg 0 Votes
I totally agree with everyone. 1st Financial Bank USA is a total scam. I should have know that a despicable company that mainly targets college students should not be trusted.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   1stfinancialbankhater 0 Votes
I hate this card... It is almost impossible to pay off and they are making an insane amount of interest. My worst mistake was using this to pay for my College tuition...GOSH, who would have thought they would suddenly raise the interest rate to 28.9% after a 4, 000 college tuition was charged. Did I mention... I hate the company? They screw college students over, it made me have to quit school and work two jobs + odd jobs just to make it.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   Rison Fall 0 Votes
This is the WORST Credit Card company ever. DO NOT use them. If their deal sounds too good to be true, it is. The "student card" is a rip off. They bump your rate from 8-12% to 24-28% immediately after you graduate. They change rules without giving you notice, and they claim your payment wasn't in time when it was in order to increase the rates even more. DO NOT USE 1st FInancial Bank USA, you WILL regret it.
 3rd of Oct, 2012 by   kayshaw 0 Votes
First Financial Bank is the biggest credit card scam out there. I have been hassling with them for over four years now. I find it despicable that they target young, barely graduated students who need money and have no idea how to manage credit. I got my card right before I went to college in 2007 and when the economy crashed in 2008 and both me and my husband got laid off we had to use the card to survive. I paid on it every month, but the interest grew completely out of control and I couldn't keep up with the payments. Finally, the card went into collections/closed out and my balance was around $1, 300. After I told them to close my account, they sent me a statement saying I owed over $2000 because they still kept adding interest and late fees (and whatever other shady fees they put on there). I refused to pay that much and said I would be happy to settle on the $1, 300 and pay when I save the money. Now I have at least three different collection agencies trying to collect. I don't know who to believe and I'm afraid they are just trying to jack my information and identity. They continually harass me (calling me from 4 different numbers over 10 times a day plus sending me tons of statements) over a piddly $1, 300!
I'm really at a loss at what to do as I'm not going to pay a company I don't trust. I don't know how this is even legal or that they should be paid back! I'm not saying I didn't spend that money, but its also their fault for jerking their clients around, targeting young and inexperienced spenders and dealing in the most deplorable, sickening business practices. I will contest this mark on my credit reports and everyone else should do the same! I will also contact the BBB and report them as con artists and identity thieves. They need to go out of business so they can stop CRIPPLING our young professionals.
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   th!sman 0 Votes
CA push you around if they sniff you don't know your rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer.
1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   th!sman 0 Votes
You can decide when, how and frequency of contact that you want from them-like once a month by phone or mail. Just put that in a letter send it CMRRR.
Tell them if the fail to observe your instructions you shall consider that as harassment you shall seek legal redress. Then post for guidance at debtorboards dot com

Tips for Pinching Pennies Wisely