Readers Digest Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

Readers Digest / condensed books-cust #00076597301

Be
Beverly Jacobson on 2015-12-21
I received another letter, this one threatening to cut off my subscription to condensed books for non-payment. You need to do a better job of posting your payments. My bill-pay at bank shows 1 book pd on 11/17/15 and the other paid on 11/23/15. I would think you've had ample time to apply to my account. Please check your A/R. Thank you. Beverly Jacobson 2920 S Wright Ave Superior, WI 54880

Readers Digest - Ontario, Port Hope / Stolen money

Le
Lenny S on 2014-03-10
We decided not renew our subscription to Readers Digest and told them so. Of course they ignored this request and charged our credit card $32.98. When we complained about this they returned $21.98 to the credit card keeping $10.99 we complained about this oversight they ignored us again. They haven't returned any emails or money.What right do these crooks have to steal from us? I know this isn't much money, but why should we give it away to a rich company for nothing? We sure don't owe them this money!

Readers Digest / Free gift

Ra
Rae143 on 2013-03-23
Ok I got a bill in the mail saying I owe money I never ordered jack.it sent me a free book.I'm only 15.Me and my family saw on the book you get $50, 000.So we did it in they sent me a bill I'm going to report them.Or they better stop it.

Readers Digest / Unwanted book club subscription

To
Topazmoon11 on 2012-11-15
The same complaint as everyone who accidentally entered the Sweepstakes without noticing that they entered me in the book club. Then kept billing me $30.52 after I had immediately cancelled and been notified that I could ignore any bill. Thanks for providing the customer service phone number, because once you locate the number and speak to someone they are very courteous and will cancel your subscription if you politely insist. The problem is, I had to call them three times to do this, and they keep that number hidden.

Readers Digest / Avoid this company at all costs

Lo
Lokoloe on 2012-11-06
They shipped a paperback crossword puzzle book to me that I did not order and are hassling me to pay for it. On the outside, it clearly read: FREE GIFT ENCLOSED. Nothing else. I had no reason to suspect that there was NO Free gift enclosed, just something they wanted to sell to me, something they expected me to buy. Once I opened it, I could not write "refused" on it and return it to the post office. I had to repackage it and pay to return it. I say it aside. I don't do puzzles and neither does my husband. We are 74 and 73 years old. This is the similar to something they tried to do to u...

Readers Digest - Ontario / false contest

Li
lisa46 on 2012-05-08
I recieved a piece of paper telling me to go to there website and play the ssvault game and unlock the vault and win money well went to this so called site but no contest or anything for this i really think someone should really investigate this sweepstake company aka books cuz its all lies everything they send out is lies

Readers Digest / wwww.rd.ca/ssvault

Br
bruno keller on 2012-03-31
Readers Digest should be investigated regarding cash give a ways to get orders for videos or books etc. Have received mail since may 2011 with promises Millions of $ will be paid out, however no one has received the promised winnings. Also the invoicing and statements are never correct. I feel the company has perfected the SCAM ARTIST business.

Readers Digest - Arizona, Prescott Arizona / they [ick sending me books I never ordered and the last book I returned it bck with out opening it and they are still billing me for it.

St
steven sanchez on 2012-02-08
I Steven Sanchez have received numerous books from readers digest, but I have never ordered these books. I returned the last book reader's digest sent me on December 2011 and I never opened the package. I returned the package back to the US Post Ofice, but they are still billing me $31.21 . The reader's digest corporation is wrong because I never ordered the book and I returned it back with out opening it. My name is Steven Sanchez and I live in 8045 NW 28th Pl Sunrise Florida 33322 my cell phone number is 754-14-6758. Sincerely, Steven Sanchez

Readers Digest - England, Merseyside / Received book I Didn't Order

To
tony10059 on 2011-05-18
I received the book 1001 Home Remedies, that i didn't order, i am also concerned about the opening or a credit account, that i didn't request. The book came with a bill for £18.98 - £14.99 for the book plus postage. This book is on Amazon for £5.00 new. What a rip-off No instruction on sending the book back and customer service permanently busy. emails sent to them, but not holding my breathe after reading other complaints

Readers Digest - Pennsylvania, Bensalem / Receiving a bill for something I never ordered

Ka
Kate J on 2011-02-12
I received a book in the mail from Readers Digest along with a bill for $30.71. I never ordered this book and now I am receiving a past due that I better pay this by 2/22/2011 or else. I have never been on a Readers Digest site so how could I have even ordered this. I see from the complaints that this happens quite often. I will be calling the 800 # that appears on this site on Monday to clear this up. I don't want to spend the money to send it back either. Waste of my time. Readers Digest used to be a reliable company but I wouldn't subscribe to that anymore. What a disappoitmen.

Readers Digest - Arizona, Prescott / Recieved a past bill for something I never ordered or recieved

Ca
I have just recieved a bill from Readers Digest asking if I overlooked paying my bill for "The Christmas List" that I suppossedly ordered and it was suppossedly sent to me on 11/10. I have never ordered anything from Readers Digest. I have recieved Readers Digest as a gift from someone 2 years ago! Nothing since. I haven't recieved this book, and I would not order anything as expensive as this book. I am on SS. I have no money to buy this book. I too looked for a phone number to call & straighten this out, but no phone number. I will also write a letter to them & complain. Thanks, Carol Lee- Kewanee, Ill.

Readers Digest - California, Redding / tired of their seevice saying and sending stuff that i didnt order

im sick of them sending stuff like dvd's that i didnt order, plus i aready sent it back . it's like they dont care or they dont read or get anything you send back to them . then they give you a address or a email that says we cannot help you right now, are site is being work on try again later. WELL I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR SOMEONE OR THE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT TO LOOK INTO THIS ' OR GET SOME LAWSUITS GOING!!! sign tired of their buu shttttt.

Readers Digest - Québec, montreal p.q. / site for contest not available

Je
I like so many others are not able to complete for contest offered. www.rd.ca/ssvault I have heard of this happening before and would appreciate if someone who has the position to check this out. This is a form of fraud I think. We get so many offers for contest and offers to buy books etc thank you Jean

Readers Digest - Massachusetts, Boston / Sweepstakes Fraud

Ne
neo549 on
I received a letter allegedly from Readers Digest Ref: # RDT57-R988, addressed at 1125 16th Ave. Roosevelt, NY. 11575 Phone 1-559-838-0414. It had my correct name on this ‘official looking’ sweepstakes letter saying I won $265, 069.00. I also received a check in the amount of $3, 780.50 from Bristol West Insurance Company, the check appears to be real in every way that I can tell. I was instructed to call the above number when I spoke to a male Mark Covila & a female named Erika Cohn who stated I must activate my claim by depositing this check in my bank account. I am a retired...

Readers Digest / MONEY REFUND

De
DEAR SIR/MADAM, AFTER GETTTING TELEPHONIC CONFIRMATION FROM MUMBAI OFFICE, THEN ONLY I HAD RETURNED SELECTED EDITIONS BOOKS OF READERS Digest.the matter is penig for last three years, 7so many mails i had forwarded, but till i havent received payment. i had all the mails copy with me. dear sir/madam, i have send the books through air state courier, the docket no 103450, dt.15/03/2007. and the same is being received by you, i have received the acknowledge copy of the documents. kindly let me know about my cheque . please let me know as it is very urgent for me. kinldy help me in this matter and get my payment earliest.

Readers Digest - Texas, Mesquite / billed for unordered merchandise

I received a Reader's Digest book a couple of months ago. I did not order it. A month later I received another book. Also unordered. My "account" has been cancelled, but they have sent me a bill for $30.28. I have the book, but I am not going to return it by paying the postage myself.

Readers Digest - Missouri / 3 free gifts

Fr
See the readers digest complaint reports, of which there are many. We receive a post card from Readers Digest with the BOLD offer "3 FREE GIFTS are waiting for you!" . When I try to access this site I see a host of complaints but no direction. What a SCAM.

Readers Digest - New Jersey, Lakewood / billed and received item not ordered

Ru
my customer account #: 00233909258 I received a CDD which I did not order. World's Most Beautiful Melodies (GREAT ROMANTIC SONG MEN) I do not want this, I did not order it. I do not want too pay to send it back Will you please send me the proper packaging and a postage free label so I can return the CD to you. Thank you. RUTH MAYER 400 LOCUST ST. APT. B-275 LAKEWOOD, NJ 08701 phone: 732-987-9233

Readers Digest / Paid Rs 999 by card for the yoga book.

An
From: "Reader's Digest" <rd@custhelp.com> | Add to Address book |This is spam To: anng27@rediffmail.com, annie.shoji@gmail.com Subject: Regarding payment of Rs 999 for the yoga book [Incident: 091217-002911] Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:41:11 IST Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 1 business day. Your patience is appreciated. If you would like to update your inquiry to us by email, please click the "reply" button in your email software then type your response between the two lines below. [===> Please click reply then...

Readers Digest / Non-receipt of regular copy of reader digest

Sir, this is in reference to your letter dated 27.09.2009. My subscription No. is RD09000112876 and customer ID No. LMI606100. I have only received till date two issues i.e. for Sept, 2009 and Oct., 2009. Please check my subscription date and send the previous issues, if any and also ensure proper supply of further issues till the subscription ends. Dr S D Kashyap e.mail. phsafuhf@yahoo.com Mobile 09418751661
Contact Us