logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
2. (0 mins ago)

North American Savings Bank Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

North American Savings Bank - false information in applying for loan

Posted: 2011-06-29 by    stephanm
My neighbor decided to sell his house and my wife and I decided to buy it as an investment property. It was sudden. Using all the money in our available accounts, we had just enough to cover 20% and a few thousand dollars in closing costs. We also had a preplanned vacation coming up and no way to cancel. After shopping around, I settled on North American Savings Bank. I explained to the loan officer our situation and that I would need a no-origination fee loan because I only had enough to cover the down payment and closing costs and NOTHING more. So, we worked out a loan at a higher interest rate....
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

North American Savings Bank - Missouri, Kansas City - Refinance

Posted:    Engine66
Began refinance with NASB and they initially requested my charge card for an application fee. They then charged me for an appraisal unbeknownst to me and without authorization or disclosure. The Godd Faith Estimate provided stated the appraisal was a closing fee, not a pre-paid fee and after the apparaisal came back with the info on the property, NASB said they don't like "special properties" as mine has 47 wooded acres in a rural area...so no loan closed. Now I am trying to get my appraisal fee back. Also, they said they would lower the interest rate based on the 10 year treasury...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Missouri, Kansas City Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Avoid Seasonal Tax Scams