Zodiac flea and tick for catsDEADLY

C

I purchased the flea and tick for cats. I used this product on my 3 cats... within 24hours my one cat started twitching and having seizures! I took him to the vet. After $117.00 bill he was better, my other cat started 12 hours later, I lost her before I could get to the vet. I was lucky enough to wash this off my third cat and she has not had a reaction as of yet. The vet said my cats have zodiac toxicity!
This product should not be sold! IT KILLS PETS!

• Ki
    Kim Aug 16, 2008

I bought a zodiac flea collar for my cat and within 30 minutes he was have seizures and drooling, when i called the pet hospital of petsmart, Banfield becuase they were the only ones open on the weekend they told me flea collars do not cause seizures!!! So now i know i will never be going there for anything

• Re
    Rebecca Sep 01, 2008

My cat is in the emergency clinic right now...to the tune of almost $900...the vet agrees that it is toxicity from a Zodiac flea collar, which the cat wore for less than 90 minutes...one of our other cats started acting strange later, even though we had removed the collars from all our cats when the first one became ill. Everyone has had a bath and none of the other cats has had to go to the vet, but I'm amazed at the number of complaints about this product on various web sites...why are they still in business?

• Bo
    BooGyrl13 Jun 06, 2012

I put the Zodiac Flea & Tick breakaway collar on my cat approximately a month ago. About a week after putting the collar on her, she began to have horrifying seizures, excessive drooling and loss of bladder control. We had to rush her to Tuft's Emergency, where she was admitted, and put on a strict regimen of medication. The vet bill was HUGE!! And even worse was the suffering my cat endured as a result of the chemicals used in the collar. Do NOT use this product on your cat or dog!! We are lucky she survived. And because there may be permanant neurological damage, she now has to be a strictly indoor cat due to the possibility of her being triggered into a seizure if an animal were to threaten or chase her. If that happened, and she had a seizure, she would be a sitting duck to whatever it is that is threatening her. Now she just sits in the window, and has to look sadly at the bush she used to love to sit under...

• St
    Stephanie2988 Jul 24, 2013

I put the zodiac flea tratment on my cat and less than 12 hours later she is having seizures and drooling she is at the vets right now being admitted for the night so I'm looking at $300+ to save her life and now my other cat is showing signs that he may need to be hospitalized as well :( I feel like a horrible pet parent !!!