zml.com and iwatchfilm.comFraud

I thought it was a legitimate site until someone got up and walked in front of the cinema screen during a movie I downloaded. I was wondering about the quality not being so good.

Only afterwards did I google the name and found out that this is a sister site of zml.com. It's my own fault, but I guess I'm was deceived by the I in Iwatchfilm, leading me to beleive the connection to Apple.

I cancelled my card straight away.

AngryAngus Dec 20, 2009

I can back this up. I'm very sure this site is not legal and yes, it is connected to zml. Found out too late, I did do the research but it is still very hard to tell because the site seems secure. I'm not in a rush to cancel my card because so far it seems that they wont be stealing my money in that way. The fact that I have paid for pirated movies, however, is stealing and I am very upset. Please don't get sucked in, I should have been tiped off when it let me download Jennifer's Body when it is not even out on DVD yet and didn't worry that I was outside the US. I just thought it was too good to be true... It was

• Jg
    JGUK Dec 28, 2009

I am glad I found your posts. I found Iwatchfilm and thought it was too good to be true so scoured the net looking for poeple who had used it. I have not, and now definately will not. One thing that always makes me weary is when there is no registered address shown on the website. Also, although it all seems American with the dollar fees, etc, it actually appears to Russian!!! I did emal them a few weeks ago asking them how it is they can offer this service without is being fraudulent and (unsurprisingly) I am yet to receive a response.

• Bo
    Bobjq2 Mar 27, 2010

I agree partly... BUT

It might be illegal in your country but it's not Illegal in Russia...

TOS

6.1 All materials presented on this site are available for the distribution over the Internet in accordance with the license of the Russian Organization for multimedia and Digital Systems (ROMS) and intended for personal use only. Further distribution, resale or broadcasting is strictly prohibited.
    6.2 The Site remunerates the fees for every downloaded File in accordance with the license agreement.

So if your country deems this illegal - you are breaking the law - not the site. And obviously this varies from country to country.

You will also notice they "remunerate fees" which is the money (tax) they pay to the producers etc - this has also been the case for many MP3 sites.

• Vt
    VTX1800Girl Jul 23, 2010

I paid into my account and then tried to download three different movies. All three had "broken links" and would be fixed soon. Next time I went to log on, my account was "temporarily disabled" and they would contact me as soon as it was back up. That was over a month ago. The site is a rip off. I'm an idiot.

• Sl
    slvr Aug 01, 2010

the site is an utter ripoff, and no offense Bobjq2 but it doesn't really matter if it's legal in russia. if i buy a movie i assume i am getting the "real" movie, not some version recorded with a cheap camera in a theater where the sound is barely intelligible and people are constantly walking in front of the screen. not to mention that any captions or narrations are in russian!

at least be honest about what they are providing, and then i can at least pick my way through the repertory and get something that is watchable from a quality perspective.

• Pe
    perfecto12 Aug 06, 2010

Hi,

iwatchfilm seem to have taken my money and kicked me out of the site. When I try and log in via iWatchfilm it just redirects me to a slightly different webpage called stored.iwatchfilm.com. I've used iWatchfilm for a couple of months and it was fine although there were intermitten problems. What can I do now? Is there a complaints address anywhere? I found a support e-mail address on the home page but they said they had nothing to do with iWatchfilm. What's going on??? Has this happened to anyone else???

D.

• Dd
    dddddddcc Aug 15, 2010

I've been using the site for a year or so...always thought it was legal...I'm paying for a service afterall...

never had any problems...until this stored.iwatchfilm.com thing...their on-line help says that iwatchfilm isn't atall connected to stored.iwatchfilm.com...which simply cannot be...

So they've walked off with some of my money...I'll keep pestering them...

Christian-A Sep 22, 2010

Hi,
    I thought it was a legitimate site.
    I bought the online 0.99$ trial for 24h.
    I've requested a Hi Def movie and it took over 12h to download... and finally the movie did not work.
    I noticed on the next day that they took 39.99 euro without my consent. I contact them by email because there is no phone number on the contact page.!!
    after many email there is nothing I can do.
    It is a cie located in the Azerbaijan.
    Pure robbery.
    Stay away
    Christian,

• Ka
    KarlsRanch Sep 27, 2010

I also tried to log on to iwatchfilm.com today and was re-directed to store.iwatchfilm.com. I chatted up customer service and they said iwatchfilm.com had shut down and now their customers are re-directed to store.iwatchfilm.com? Basically any credit I had has gone.

AVOID!

• Be
    Betty Page Oct 08, 2010

I also had credit with iwatchfilm and after downloading two movies, which were actually of good quality, the site closed down. I emailed them and got this in reply "our old site closed and we can't do refund. we plan to restore it during 2 weeks with double balances"
    That was it, no name, no dear customer and obviously I have not had my account opened with double the balance!! Luckily it was only a small amount!! Still angry about it though...I will be wary of any other sites like this from now on!

Try blinkbox.com Free movies available and cheap rentals or purchase :)

• Li
    Life's Beautiful Feb 01, 2011

I was dooped too! they are now renamed www.movieups.com. STAY AWAY!!!