ZEPOzepo=unethical+unprofessional+awful

I am a budding entrepreneur who decided to start a venture with all the savings and loans available. By the looks of the website and by the fake reviews, I decided to go with their pro pack. Before joining, I had a conversation with them and told them about my requirements and the features I am looking at. They said they have wide variety of themes that are customizable and if we still require any help, they could do it in 2 mins. They said only one feature was not available that I was looking for and I made the payment
The agony begins……..
I had very tight deadlines to meet my venture. I called them to start the process but no one attended the calls. Atlast someone attended and she said my account manager will revert back. He sent few emails the next day and I had few queries. I tried to reach them over emails and phone. Again not reachable.
I tried to customize the themes but found that they are awful and horrible. They wrote some fixes and few rubbish things on their blogs but they never worked. The funniest part was those fixes were there from 1-2 years and they did not have the time to update them I guess!!!
I wrote them a strong email saying that I require these minimum basic features and if that is not possible, please refund my amount. After that email also they did not respond. I contacted the account manager. He forwarded that to some support guy. The so called support guy started blaming me saying that I never called them, he verified the call logs blah blah. He also said that I might have called upon some other number and I was confused. I clearly told him that I called upon the only number that is available on their website and I clearly got the message”welcome to zepo…please wait…blah blah….”. He said no you are mistaken. I said fine…I will upload my call log on your website and internet.. Let’s see.. Then he said that’s a good idea…there might be some bug in our system…we will try to rectify!!!
I said.. Please cancel my account and refund my amount. Your themes, features doesn’t suit my requirement and I can not deal with unprofessionals who doesn’t care about their customers. They gave me an absolute shocker. They said they will not refund the amount…as I had the opportunity to take the free trial and then could have made the payment.. I said that’s fine.. I believed in you people…I saw that there is a refund policy for 30, 60, 90 days…he said no…. We will refund only if we feel we could not fix anything or if they misled.. I asked them to fix those.. Before payment they said they could fix those in 2 minutes.. Now he said it would take 2 months…lol…they were expecting me to stop my venture for 2 months!!! I said what does 30, 60, 90 days refund policy mean? As per them if some body goes through the free trial, pays the amount on 15th day and then finds that they are horrible.. Vexed with zepo.. And asks for a return and they would still say that you had the chance of a free trial…. Refund is on case to case basis…blah blah…. Why the hell did they incorporate 30, 60, 90 days refund and rubbish?? It should have been clear on their website that once you pay the amount, the amount will never be refunded!!! These incidents clearly showed their ethics and professionalism.
I spent a decent 33k and I wanted to give them a last chance. I wrote them an email asking them to make these bare minimum changes so that I could start my work….. After a lot of discussions they said they could do that favor and you know what??? The site became much more horrible and stupid….
I also noticed onething…when I uploaded around 30 products.. I got a feeling that site was very slow…they said I could upload 10, 000 products.. Unlimited bandwidth etc.. But I seriously doubt that!!
Last but not the least…the only good thing about them is…they market themselves very well…with some well written blogs…. Articles…. Writing fake reviews….
The price I paid to zepo is a lot higher than the domain+hosting+seo from any other top companies.
I have already contacted some other decent web designer, developer and hosting provider. I asked them for a refund. If they do not give, I shall go to consumer court
Going with them is a suicidal mission and that too by paying a very good amount from your pocket!!!

RESOLVED

Mr Nitin, founder of zepo has promptly responded to the issue.He accepted the issues in their process.They refunded the amount in 3 days. They have published a public apology on their website and are correcting things to be more customer centric

• Ak
    Akshay175 Oct 21, 2018

Hi,

If anyone still has pending issues against ZEPO please send your contact details to [email protected] because ZEPO has cheated us for INR 40k+ and are filing a lawsuit against ZEPO and if we can find more people to join our lawsuit we can have it expedited and converted into a CLASS ACTION CLAIM.

• Ak
    Akshay175 Jul 11, 2017

Really you have provided a refund to someone in past ... good now I can attach all these as a proof of ZEPO's performance in my lawsuit.
    ZEPO — no1 fraud company is zepo.in
    www.zepo.in — fraud for not refunding money after terrible service

• Ni
    NitinPurswani_Zepo Dec 24, 2014

Hi Hareesh,

We have to admit, we haven't done right by you. And we humbly apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Every company faces situations when they do not stand up to their customer’s expectations and unwillingly upset them. This was our first and last such incident and we apologize for it.

After having exchanged several calls and emails with you, we hope we can expect a little of your trust and faith restored in us. As promised, we have initiated a refund to your account. And we would be more than glad to help you in your entrepreneurial journey, in any way possible - be it payment gateways, logistics, etc.

We are deeply hurt that we could not put forward our sentiments and reason for Zepo’s existence in our service to you. We apologize for our mistake and have immensely learnt from this. With every mistake we made, we learned a way to avoid it in the future. Our new policies, are a hint at the change forthcoming. And our own blog post http://www.zepo.in/blog/2014/12/17/we-are-sorry-we-are-changing-our-ways/, is a testimony to that.

We do sincerely hope that our paths cross again. Till then, it's good luck!

On behalf of Team Zepo,