Youtubecensorship by youtube

Sa
Aug 23, 2019

Comments

• Tr
    Best Best Advice

Aug 23, 2019

Dear YouTube, do you care that your censorship actions against conservative viewpoint videos are now being associated with George Orwell's book 1984? Your actions are offensive! Please stop this madness. ~Savanna Yancey

"I use YouTube daily, one of my favourite channels is The Iconoclast which you have just deleted. 200, 000 other people had subscribed to this channel so it's pretty popular. When you delete a channel like this you are effectively saying that all of us are guilty of some 'thought crime', that if we like this channel and it's posts we are hateful people. We are not. You are censoring dissent - how undemocratic is that. Society only moves forward because people have the courage to challenge accepted ideas. The world was once flat, without dissenters proving otherwise, we'd still be living in the dark ages. YouTube does not need to 'protect' me from difficult ideas, I am an adult, I need to challenge my perceptions and make up my own mind whether to agree or disagree with what someone says. If you continue to censor channels by demonetisation, putting them in limited state or removal you will be changing Society and not in the way you wish. You will be creating an authoritarian intolerant social platform that must be challenged, you are in effect encouraging all your loyal viewers to decide whether they wish to be associated with your high handed totalitarian methods. I know I will not. Please show some integrity and reinstate The Iconoclast."

• Sy
      Aug 23, 2019

Please reinstate this channel it did not break terms and guidelines.

• Sy
      Aug 23, 2019

Please reinstate the Iconoclast. This channel did not break any terms & guidelines. It needs to be fixed soon.

Aug 23, 2019

Dear Youtube, I would like to ask you to consider to reinstate channels The Iconoclast and Way of the World. Those two channels definitely were not hateful. There was just reasonable, common sense, poignant and precisely articulated commentaries to various issues that hurt our current society. In one ordinary rap song you can find much more violence and hate than in any video of above mentioned channels. Your decision to delete those channels appears to be very scary for me - I lived in totalitarian state for a significant part of my life and I will never forget the free speech persecution in those days. I always thought western society is very proud to openly discuss many various topics from many points of view without getting offended - this IS democracy - and I am very sorry to be dissapointed so much. It's like a very dark flashback to my youth. I strongly believe that disappearing of The Iconoclast and Way of the World was just some technical discrepancy and not a purpose. Thank you in advance for Your kind attention and I hope (with many other YouTube users) that I will find more videos from both mentioned creators in the future.