Menu

T
Author of the complaint
1:21 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Restricting content, including firearm magazines over 20 rounds and full auto fire, as well as language and speech restrictions, is absolutely unacceptable. I have been a paying member for years, but I will not pay for a service that does not deliver. The restrictions you have implemented have drastically lowered the quality of entertainment my favorite content creators are able to provide, which inevitably impacts their ability to generate revenue due to your restrictions driving away views. This has the potential to cause these creators to stop producing content entirely, leaving me (and many others) with no other option other than canceling my subscription to your services.

People should be able to make any content they choose. If some find it offensive, they don't have to watch it.

I understand that there is a political agenda at play here, and let's be honest, you're a behemoth company and me canceling my subscription isn't going to have much of an effect. The cancel culture that you promote so much is wrong and is not American. With how massive of a company you are, you could be a powerful supporter of free speech and freedom in general. Instead, you have chosen to support dictator-style propaganda influence and control.

If these restrictions are not removed by February of 2022, I will be canceling my subscription and never looking back. You had such a good thing, with so much potential to do good, and you've done this. It is shameful and immoral. This is not China. This is not Russia. This is America, and we should be free from communist censorship. Yet here we are, allowing an unnecessary, nonessential service dictate what we, as Americans, can and can't watch. Shame on you.

2 comments
Nov 30, 2021 3:51 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OP these restrictions you mentioned have been in place since before 2013 [that i actually paid attention to them existing]. Recently there has been allot of questionable content that has been on the platform for years that clashed with the rules [they skirted for unknown reasons. possibly no one who had issues with it didn't see it]. the reason some click is because of a catchy title or recently it is in the suggested content feed. those who have a issue thought by the title it was what they liked only to find it is offensive content. if you left its not because of the rules. you just feel that its not the place for your entertainment.

lost revenue? well that i attribute to the suggestion feed being merged with your notifications of new content your subscribed to. i have noticed i miss content from my subscriptions many times even months later i find I'm behind in some videos because they get drowned by suggested content [some i don't approve of].

K
Nov 30, 2021 3:34 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Why does YouTube allow animal torture videos?
Or ‘pay for clicks’ as they are called. Is it because you are making a lot of money from it?

Obscene

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1124 complaints