Your American GrantInternet Fraud

I signed up for access to this company's database through Facebook. They said it would cost $1.95. I was sent to a website which I now cannot find and attempted to access grant information. It did not work. I sent a complaint through their website and never heard from them.

A few days later I received a phonecall from them. The woman said they wanted to send me "something" and she was going to record the call. I refused to be recorded. She hung up on me. Next, they debited my bank account for $58.61. I never agreed to this charge.

It is now Sunday night and tomorrow is a holiday, so I am unable to contact my bank to contest the charge or request a dispute form. These people are going to be sorry they messed with me. I will be calling these people incessantly until they refund my money. I will also be reporting them to Facebook and the Better Business Bureau, and will involve an attorney if necessary.

More Your American Grant Complaints & Reviews

• Fr
    Fredomm Feb 09, 2009

I ordered an "informational" CD re Government Grants for Women in Business which I authorized payment of $2.95. "Your American Grant" withdrew $58.61 from my checking account without any authorization w/in one week of receipt of CD. I hadn't even looked at the CD. This is a total unauthorized used of credit card information. However, there is a number on the CD that I intend to call today to reverse the charges.

• Bi
    billie Feb 09, 2009

Will you post that number, I authorized the 1.95 charge and 68.13 was withdrawn from my checking account. and now I''ve been on hold to a bogus number for 20 minutes!

• Gw
    Gwen Feb 09, 2009

Your American Grant is a vicious scam. They are attempting to rip of my checking account, 3 transactions this week. I have reported them to my bank. They send you nothing but take your money not only once, twice or three times but $58.21 per month. This has got to be stopped. They are dangerous people.

There is no phone number that answers no matter how long you wait for somebody to talk to.

• Da
    David Feb 10, 2009

On my credit card I authorized $1.95 for information, which I could not access anywhere on there web site. Six days later I noticed a charge for $58.61. My credit card people got a phone number and I talked to some nasty girl. First she said she could not match my name to my zip code. Then she said I signed up for monthly service of 58.61. The 1.95 was for instant access.

I told her it never said that. Told her I googled their web site and saw lots of complaints of them being a scam. Told her to reverse charge. She hung up on me.

Needless to say, I changed my credit card number. Definately a scam.

Now I know what it is like to be robbed and stolen from. YOUR AMERICAN GRANT DEFINATELY SCAMMED ME AND AMERICAN GRANT ROBBED ME.

• Da
    David Feb 10, 2009

I got through on phone number 866 546 0923.

If somebody does get through and talk to a live person, all you can do is tell them (American Grant) or whatever their name is for the day, that they are nothing but a bunch of slime balls.

David

Roy C Gordon Feb 10, 2009

Hardship Needs Help In This Economic Crisis And Hardtime. I'am A Vietnam Veteram / Disable I Need
    Financial help. We Are Below Proverty Deep In Credit
    Card Debt. We Are In Economic Crisis Living From
    Day To Day We Are In Badly Need Of Financial Assistance.

I HAVE (6) SIX GRANT CD'S And AND NO MONEY.
    Roy

Jason Feb 10, 2009

Guess I should have researched before jumping into this mess.

I also got hit for $60 and have not even received the information.

On hold for 20 minutes now listening to terrible easy listening PAP!

Times are tough and these vampires are feeding on good people.

I am now overdrawn and paying overdraft fees.

Thanks.

• Mm
    M.M. Feb 11, 2009

I too fell victim to this scam. I agreed to the $1.95 charge for instant access and could not locate any information on their website that was of any use at all. 8 days later I'm hit with a charge of $68.13. After 2 days of trying to get in touch with them, I finally spoke to a VERY RUDE gut and he's trying to tell me that this is a monthly charge that I agreed to. I told him that I didn't and I wanted my money refunded and he kept insisting that I agreed. I too cancelled my credit card and am in the process of trying to get my money back from the credit card company.

Robert Alley Feb 11, 2009

This company has made unauthorized charges to my account after I made 1 purchase. They real you in with a low, low price and then start charging you extremely high amounts a few days later. The contact number is 866-546-0923. Good luck getting them to answer the phone----and then some lady named Whitney is rude and hung up the phone. I had to close my account to stop them from continuing to Rip-Me-Off.

nobody big Feb 11, 2009

I have BofA. I tried to call the toll free number for American Grant, but was also put on hold by the automated system and left for dead. I hung up with them and called the dispute number for my bank. I explained what happened and they reversed the charges immediately AND gave me a fraud number to call if any more charges show up.

Also, I authorized the $1.95 charge for instant access, but never received anything except a charge for $2.95. I chalked it up to an error in their system. What a fool. Anyway, I think we all should go to the place where we clicked on the ad originally, mine was from Facebook, and complain to them.

Good luck!

• Sc
    Scammed Feb 11, 2009

So I too fell scam. I agreed to $1.99 in shipping charges, next thing I know $58.61 is being withdrawn from my account. Same old story, no one answers the phone, no one available to talk to... My credit card company said they've received lots of complaints from this company. Hopefully they'll reverse the charge, but Facebook needs to do a better job of screening their advertisements. I'm headed over there to complain.

• Gr
    GrantMeAWish Feb 11, 2009

Buyer beware. I knew better and still didn't do enough homework before jumping into this. BofA told me the same thing. It has to post to my account then I have to call back to the fraud department. I am confident that they will reverse the charges and refund my overdraft fees.

• Cr
    CreativiTea Feb 11, 2009

Scam. I called my bank, WAMU, to have the charges reversed. It dirties the name of "Your American..." to operate a scummy company like this.

• Si
    Siren Feb 11, 2009

Wow I can't believe I fell for this scam!

I also got charged the unauthorized $58.61. I called them but was put on hold for a while.

Just called my bank and reported to the fraud department and also closed my card.

• Sh
    shelly Feb 11, 2009

I too fell for the scam. I authorized the 1.95 and have not received anything. Now I have a debit tha posted on the 9th of February, It still has not cleared and I cannot do anything until they take the money.. I know what their doing and I still have to let them.!! I have called the number several times and have gotten nothing!! Shelly

angry person Feb 13, 2009

I had to close my account also because they did the same thing to me. I ordered a 1.95 item and within 2 days my account was charged 58.61. I was on hold for hours trying to get through with someone.

• Ts
    ts888 Feb 13, 2009

While I understand the above posters frustrations, this company is actually NOT a scam. I do however HATE companies that do business like this. When I purchased the 1.95 thing, I read the small print that said you have a 7 day trial after which you will be charged $58 if you don't call and cancel first.

When I realized the information was not that good, I called and a rep canceled it for me without problem. They gave me a cancellation confirmation number and sent me an email.

so, while it is highly frustrating the way in which they sort of trick you, they really aren't a scam. Lesson learned is to always read the fine print.

Furious Feb 15, 2009

I found the website for these scammers: http://www.grantaccess.com

Furious Feb 15, 2009

Sorry, wrong website. It should be http://www.grantaccessclub.com, or https://ssl.encryptedprocessing.com/~bhhl4rnr/index.php?refer=&pubid=&subid=

• Ca
    CatWilkerson Feb 16, 2009

This has recently happened to me. Just noticed a charge in my account for 68.13 from them. I called back the same number they used to call me for the "free gift" and haven't been able to speak with anyone.

Wanda Feb 16, 2009

They just did the same thing to me. I saw it on Facebook and thought well 1.99 I will try it. They charged me $58.00 and refuse to refund it so I am going to report this to Facebook and my bank and Better Business Bureau

• Wo
    worldskurrupt Feb 17, 2009

Scammed me for $68.13 on an initial $1.95 charge for website information access?

Wandaroo Feb 17, 2009

Email here about 20 times a day. I got a reply that my account was cancelled but I am still emailing 20 times a day till I get a refund. Also reported them to BBB FBI my bank and Facebook
    [email protected]

Wandaroo Feb 17, 2009

Plus they never sent me a thing and I never accessed any of their so called info. It's all free anyway you dont need to pay ANYONE for Federal Grant access. It's a huge scam!!!

mary gallagher Feb 17, 2009

your american grant is a scam they toke $68.13 off my creit card WITHOUT MY OK and i want something done about it please

Furious Feb 17, 2009

Here's the letter I sent Facebook. I haven't heard back from them yet.

I signed up for access to information from Your American Grant, aka Grant Access Club, out of Jacksonville, TX through Facebook. They claimed it would cost $1.95 for access to grant information. I was sent to a website where I attempted to access said information. It did not work. I sent a request for customer service through their website and never heard from them.

A few days later I received a phone call from them. The woman said they wanted to send me "something" and she was going to record the call. I refused to be recorded. She hung up on me. Next, they debited my bank account for $58.61. I never agreed to this charge.

There are several complaints from myself and others regarding this matter at /link removed/ and complaintsboard.com. I have contacted the East Central Texas Better Business Bureau as well. Each complaint names Facebook as the initiator of the click-through.

Please terminate all business relations with this sponsor if you wish to retain any credibility with your users. I would like to request that you go beyond that to intercede on behalf of the users that have been scammed with your tacit consent by threatening them with legal action if they refuse to issue full refunds to any dissatisfied Facebook users and have them fully expunged from any and all databases.

• Fr
    Frustrated Feb 17, 2009

THis happened to me also. I called and was able to cancell but they will not refund my money. I am calling my bank for a disbute form. I was never even able to get on the site after signing up for the information and never got on the site again. This sight is a total SCAM. BEWARE!

• Ki
    kitzroma Feb 17, 2009

I also got charged 59.08 to my account. I had received a phone call last week from this company and told them to cancel my account, which apparently they never did. Surprise surprise. However, I did get through on the line when I called today and they told me to email the support staff, and write your email attention: Jarvis, because he's in charge. Here's the email address. [email protected] Hopefully you'll have some luck getting your money back. They get you with the charge when they say you had 7 days to cancel the account, and when you don't they immediately charge you.

Wandaroo Feb 18, 2009

Please post how do we contact facebook? I am also emailing this place about ten times a day talking about class action lawsuits. I just got the cd yesterday that they charged me $58 for a week ag. The cd is lame crap.

Furious Feb 18, 2009

I wrote to [email protected], but they sent me a response saying it was the wrong address to write to. It was the only address I could find for contacting them, however. I think if they get a flood of e-mails at that address, they'll get the message anyway. In my letter I requested that they forward it to the appropriate party, and they said they would in their response.

Actually, for what it's worth, here's their response in full:

Hi,

Thanks for your email. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with our site, and we have forwarded your message to the team best able to respond to your inquiry. They will be happy to assist you with this and will be in touch with you soon. In the future, please refer to our Help Center (http://www.facebook.com/help.php) if you are having account issues.

Thanks again for contacting Facebook,

Dominique
    User Operations
    Facebook

Furious Feb 18, 2009

Here's the proper address for advertiser complaints at Facebook: [email protected]

Here's the answer they sent regarding my complaint. Please, anyone who's been victimized by this company through Facebook, write to them. Feel free to use my letter if you don't feel like composing one yourself!

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this potential advertising abuse on our site. We are committed to only allowing advertisers to create high quality ads that are useful and non-intrusive. We will review the reported material and remove anything that is contrary to these objectives or that violates our Terms of Use and advertising guidelines. If warranted, we will also warn the advertiser and revoke their ability to advertise on the site if the abuse continues.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks for contacting Facebook,

Ian
    Online Sales Operations
    Facebook

• Se
    Sean Feb 19, 2009

They also took 58.61 from me which I did not authorize. When I called them they said that it is in the fine print. There is a 7 day free trial period and then they bill you. She said the 58.61 is non refundable. I did go to the website and read the terms of agreement and it does say they will take 39.95 monthly. Needless to say, I did cancel my membership.

robin Feb 19, 2009

I just spoke to them and they said I had to file a police report for fraud and fax it to them. then they would refund my money. not a very nice place...

• Je
    Jen Feb 24, 2009

And yet another sucker. I also agreed to the $1.95 access for the boss of my part time job to help her get a grant. I just checked my checking account like I do every day and there is a charge for $60.37 on my account from them. I am on hold with my bank disputing the charges as I type this. Oh and the $1.95 turned into $2.01 and I have yet to see a CD or get any other information from them via my email address or snail mail.

These slime balls need to be stopped. People that are working their ### off and trying to get help and then get bent over by this bunch of frauds.

Has anyone else reported them to their BBB in their state? I plan on doing so as soon as I hang up with my bank.

• Ni
    Nicole Feb 25, 2009

The company I only know as 'Your American Grant' and website address of 'youramericangrant.com' tried to take out $58.61 from my checking account. Lucky for me, my bank called about this fraudulent transaction. I closed my debit card account so they would not have any further access to my funds. I have filed a fraud report with my bank.

• Zo
    Zodd42 Feb 26, 2009

Does anybody have a number for this company?
    I tried contacting their customer service, however, the submit button doesn't work no matter what you type in there. PLEASE HELP!

I'm unemployed, father of four and this is destroying my marrige!!

• Ve
    Very mad Feb 28, 2009

I was scammed as well. Calling credit fraud division right now to cancel card.

• Jb
    JBEAULIEU5 Mar 04, 2009

I APPLIED ONLINE IN JANUARY 2009 FOR A CD AND $2.95 WAS WITHDRAWN ON MY CREDIT CARD EARLY IN FEBRUARY. ON FEB. 27TH AN ATTEMPT TO WITHDRAW $58.61 WAS MADE BY YOUR AMERICAN GRANT AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY DENIED IT BECAUSE I HAVE A FRAUD ALERT ON MY CARD. THEN 2 DAYS LATER MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY ACCEPTED A CHARGE FROM THEM OF $58.61 BUT CALLED ME TO CONFIRM IF THIS IS SOMEHING I HAD ORDERED. I TOLD THEM I HAD NOT AUTHORIZED THIS CHARGE. MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TOLD ME THAT THEY CANNOT REVERSE THE CHARGE AND THAT I WILL HAVE TO PAY IT.

THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY TOLD ME THAT I CAN FILE A FRAUD CHARGE AND I AM WAITING FOR THE PAPERWORK.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

JBEAULIEU, RI

• Ng
    ngsmart Mar 07, 2009

Offer was given over the phone. I was to receive and email to confirm (never recieved). My credit card was charge the orginal $2.95 for the initial charge and then was also charges $49.50 for items I never ordered or received.

• St
    Stephen Mar 07, 2009

Lots of news articles on these grant scams published this week:
    "At a press conference this week, a representative from the Federal Trade Commission admonished online media companies to "monitor their sites for scam ads and get rid of them."

"sites take consumers' money for what is available free of charge from the government.
    Information about government grants is available free of charge at Grants.gov"

People can report grant scams to the FTC here:

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices