Menu

reviews & complaints

Yota Moving Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
8 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Yota Moving at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Yota Moving has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Yota Moving. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Yota Moving complaints 8

Sort by:

Newest Yota Moving reviews & complaints

D

Yota Moving Yota Moving charged an unathorized gratuity of $115

Yota Moving charged an unathorized gratuity of $115. I gave each worker a cash tip and they still charged me gratuity. The staff told me that a credit would be issued on 8/15/22, but I haven't received any credit yet. Thank you.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yota Moving This moving company was supposed to help us move, but they took our deposit and didn't actually do anything

This moving company was supposed to help us move, but they took our deposit and didn't actually do anything. They told us that the move time would be changed from 8am to 12pm, but then they ignored all of our attempts to confirm when they would actually show up. Even after the adjusted time had passed, they still didn't respond to our requests for information about when they would finally deliver the services they promised. It was really frustrating because none of the employees had much information, and they always just told us to talk to the owner ***, who never returned our calls. We tried leaving voicemails, but all of their mailboxes were full, and when we called, we were put on hold for a really long time.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yota Moving Date of transaction: 6/18/22 Total amount charged: $1821.90 Business commitment: Yota Moving Inc was supposed to move our household items and

Date of transaction: 6/18/22 Total amount charged: $1821.90 Business commitment: Yota Moving Inc was supposed to move our household items and big piano from our house to our new apartment. Problem: they didn't finish the job. My piano got left outside. They didn't have the right tools for moving. It took their team too long to finish the job 'cause of injuries, missing tools, and lack of professionalism. They charged me for a total of 12 hours for a move to a 2 bedroom apartment. They didn't seem like professional movers. With the price I paid, I expected a smooth move. I called to talk to the boss at the end of the move. He didn't wanna talk to me but talked to their team. They said they'd call me today, but they haven't tried yet. Job ID:

Is Yota Moving legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Yota Moving as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Yota Moving stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Yota Moving should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Yota Moving earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Yota Moving achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Yota Moving. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as social media account. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Our scan shows Yota Moving website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Yotamoving.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Yota Moving, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Yota Moving has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 8 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Yotamoving.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The yotamoving.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yota Moving I hired Yota Moving Inc on 12/30 to move my things from my old place to my new one

I hired Yota Moving Inc on 12/30 to move my things from my old place to my new one. The movers broke my TV and the mover *** assured me that it would be resolved within a week because he already reported it to their manager. I filed a claim on 01/05:2022, but I made a mistake by giving them the wrong TV information (55 instead of 43). I apologized for the error on 01/26/2022. They promised to deliver a used TV to me in a couple of days, but it's now 02/09/2022 and I still haven't received it. Whenever I call, nobody answers. The dispatcher answered a few times and told me to go to their office, even though they knew it was closed. I've been calling and emailing, but nobody responds promptly. I just want my TV back. It's been almost 2 months since it broke.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yota Moving I used Yota Moving on January 22, 2022 to move down the street to a different apartment complex

I used Yota Moving on January 22, 2022 to move down the street to a different apartment complex. The movers were friendly and got the job done in a timely manner. However, during the process, they broke my desk, damaged my stuff, and some things didn't make it to my new place. I reached out to them a bunch of times to get a claim form, but it took them a couple of weeks to finally give it to me. After I sent in the form, I didn't hear anything back from the company, even after I called and emailed them a bunch of times. So, on February 23, 2022, I went on Yelp to share my experience. Right after that, I got an email from someone at Yota Moving, who said they would handle my claim the next day. But a few days passed, and they still hadn't processed my claim form. The person, ***, kept making excuses and eventually just stopped responding altogether. I even tried calling the number he said was his personal number, but it just took me to Yota dispatching, and they couldn't help me or connect me to ***. I've sent a bunch of follow-up emails, but I haven't heard anything back from *** since March 1, 2022. The stuff that went missing and the damage Yota Moving caused to my things is worth more than $650.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yota Moving I got some pictures of what happened and what the owner posted on the public web

I got some pictures of what happened and what the owner posted on the public web. I asked him many times to take my last name off the websites, but he refused. He even made me delete a comment because he wouldn't edit his own comment. He went on other websites where I talked about what happened and did the same thing, but just used my initial. If there was a problem, he could have talked to me directly instead of being rude in the web reviews and making it seem like I caused the problem or didn't understand something. The move was done poorly, and I called them while the movers were at my house. The owner or dispatcher tried to charge my card multiple times without my permission, even though I wanted to pay with a different card. Two out of the three workers barely spoke English and weren't from around here. I'm pretty sure they weren't here legally. There are many complaints on *** and other reviews that back up what I'm saying. I hope this business gets shut down because they're scamming people and trying to get away with it by having others write fake reviews for them to still get customers.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yota Moving I tried to contact Yota Moving Inc through their website and the ComplaintsBoard.com contact form, but they ignored me for weeks

I tried to contact Yota Moving Inc through their website and the ComplaintsBoard.com contact form, but they ignored me for weeks. I want to file a claim because I had a major problem with the move they did for me. It took two men six hours to move me out of my condo, and they even made a stop at a storage unit to pick up some things, which took half the time. I only had a couch, TV stand, and dinette for the move, so why did it take twice as long? I called ahead and asked for a third person, but the person from the company talked me out of it. They assured me that two people would be enough. However, the truck was not loaded properly, so they had to reload it to fit my couch. In any business, that would be considered their mistake. The fact that they managed to fit my couch in after correcting the load shows that it was their mistake. These extra hours ruined my plans to have them arrive at 8am, and they were late as well. As a result, we ended up stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic that could have easily been avoided. I was charged for all of these hours, which is unacceptable. As a business owner myself, I understand that we have to pay for our own mistakes. I know there were staffing issues that day, which is why I was talked out of having a third person. I hope you can see the problem here. Now, after fully unpacking, I have noticed many missing items. Additionally, my freezer, cabinet, and walls are damaged.

M

Yota Moving H D *** hired YOTA Moving Inc to move us from *** to ***

H D *** hired YOTA Moving Inc to move us from *** to ***. We scheduled the pick-up for Fri 8/6 and delivery for Sat Aug 8/7. We paid a $50.00 fee on June 6/3 to confirm the date. The original estimate was $4872.00 for packing and moving a 1 BD apt with a 1-truck, 2-person crew. The final cost ended up being $4942.55. Instead of a YOTA agent visiting us before the move, we provided an inventory, measurements, photos, and a written list of supplies needed to Nate, the YOTA Agent. We requested protective covers for the mattress, box spring, paintings, and a lamp shade. They confirmed by phone that they would provide the necessary packing materials, but they did not fulfill this promise. It was raining during the move, and our items were exposed to the weather and left uncovered in the hallway, elevator, and loading dock. When we arrived in ***, 3 hours after the truck was unpacked, we discovered several damaged items, which were also reported to the apartment leasing office. The Serta mattress had a diagonal fold/ridge from corner-to-corner, and the Serta box spring cover was torn at the corner. The corner guard was broken and almost completely torn off. The estimated total cost for both items is $800.00. Additionally, 15 uncovered art pieces had smudges, especially the largest original painting, which cost $600.00. The 2-part antique secretary was not assembled, and each part was left in different rooms. We had to pay $40.00 to 2 local movers to move and reassemble the pieces. We contacted YOTA about the damages, and they sent us claim forms. We submitted the claim on 08/23 but received no reply. We sent a second claim by certified mail on 09/04 and still haven't heard back. We have texted the agent multiple times, and he promised to resolve the issue, but we haven't received any updates. Unfortunately, we are unable to call the claims department as there is no direct number provided. The staff informed us that they are unable to contact ***.

Overview of Yota Moving customer experience

Yota Moving (yotamoving.com) has been plagued with numerous consumer complaints, making it imperative to shed light on their negative aspects. Customers have expressed dissatisfaction with their services, highlighting various problems. Many have reported poor customer service, with unresponsive and unhelpful staff members. Additionally, numerous complaints have surfaced regarding damaged or lost belongings during the moving process, leading to significant financial losses for customers. Delays in delivery have also been a recurring issue, causing frustration and inconvenience. Furthermore, hidden fees and unexpected charges have left customers feeling deceived and taken advantage of. These negative experiences highlight the need for caution when considering Yota Moving as a potential moving service provider.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Yota Moving contacts