York Heat PumpsProduct dissatisfaction

To Whom it May Concern,

This e-mail to advise of the dissatisfaction I have encountered with your YORK Heat Pump 10 SEER Model # EIRA030506D, S/N # WMMM023953.

The Unit was purchased brand new in February 2004 and currently less then four years old.

Last year, April 2007, the capacitor was blown which is a common occurrence when the temperature rises according to the Contractors, Carl Jackson and Sons, whom fixed it. It cost about $200.00 to fix for parts and labor.

Again, last year, July 2007, another problem occurred in which the Compressor overloaded and had to be replaced, again, approximately $200.00 to fix and replace the part.

On February 1, 2008, another problem. With no heat in the upstairs of my home a call to Carl Jackson and Sons revealed the Fan Motor Unit was bad and had to be replaced. Cost $345.00.

To date we have spent almost $800.00 ( I have receipts) for a unit that should have lasted for about 10 to 15 years. Although none of my neighbors have had any problems with their units, maybe I just received a bad unit. Is this a normal occurrence with your products? Is their any thing that can be done to replace or permanently fix this unit which is not even four years old? Please advise what actions or direction I should proceed.

Sincerely,

Thomas Sharkey

31 Century Street

Stafford, Virginia 22554

[protected]

• Ka
    Kathy L L May 07, 2015

We bought a 13 seer 5 ton heat pump that is a York and we have had two compressors go out and now we are faced with a 2800.00 dollar bill to replace our compressor and the company won't do anything about it.

jax8894 Apr 19, 2012

I have a York heat pump and I am very unhappy with this unit. Both the heat and air condition had to be repaired, Heat package replaced, coils replaced, indoor motor replaced, heat fuse link replaced. Now it needs an outdoor coil and A/H coil replaced. Add refrigerant leak repair and I am looking at a $2500.00 bill.

• Li
    linda Apr 26, 2009

My mother in Springfield, Ohio purchased a york heat pump and it has yet to work properly. They continually tell her that they are waiting for a part but the part has not come in. This unit is less than 3 months old. York has a problem but don't seem to interested in maintaining a good customer service base.