Yell.comRipped off

B

I was offered free advertising with yell.com for a 30 day trial period, when the 30 days ended i told them over the phone i didn't want to go ahead with it but they went live with the ad and now want to charge me £326, they said they had no record of the phone call.

I can't believe a company like yell would do this to people but after looking into it i realise they have done it to many more and its still happening, it has to be stopped!

• Pi
    pipoka Jan 14, 2010

The same happened to me, same free offer and end up being a paid contract. Yell even created a bogus company using my name, no need to say that they never asked for permission to use my ID to associate me with the false company.
    a real SCAM.

Pipoka

• We
    westmill May 06, 2010

I had the same thing ! THE FREE TRIAL IS A TOTAL SCAM !!!
    Trading Standards will hopefuly soon stop yell.com from trading.
    What used to be one of the most respected names in the buisness has fallen into
    the easy money making scams the NET makes so easy.
    I trusted everything they said because I associated them with yellow pages, that has been
    around and trusted for so long !
    Why o Why have they allowed yell.com to become a two bit cowboy company.
    I have had dealings with other addvertising companys which were a total pleasure.
    What chance has anyone running a succesful addvertising buisness when companys like
    YELL. COM are allowed to opperate.
    I think they could change their name...Im sure this would help.
    Personly, , , I think ### would be appropiate.

• St
    StoreL Aug 10, 2011

We advertised our company [www.homeplumbingandheating.co.uk] (link: http://www.homeplumbingandheating.co.uk) with Yell.com in August. We got a second line listing for the entire area of West and South West London. We took out a contract for "central heating services" This included searches on the Yell.com site for all key words in relation to gas and boilers. Whe nthe advert was taken out initially we had a brilliant response. We also had a one year contract as agreed on this basis. Yell.com then sold all our sub keywords to other competitors although we had a contract on these words. It also turns out that the coverage area is much smaller than what we were sold. Yell.com maintains they do not have to give us the key words we were sold back as our contract is only for the keyword "Central Heating services" and not boiler repair and gas engineers etc.

I have been thrown from customer services to sales and so on. I have made numerous phone calls. They have suggested I may be able to put in a compensation claim, but have not guaranteed I will recieve it. All I am asking for is that they put us back into hte position that we have contracted with them !