yankee retail/the home decorating co.possible fraudulent practices

Ordered bedding online 8:50 pm Wednesday Sept. 23 2009. The next morning, I awoke to email confirming order with ETA of Oct. 9 2009.
At 9:15 am that day, Thusday Sept. 24, I called company and cancelled order (ETA too late). "Rebecca" advised me that I would receive cancellation confirmation e-mail in 1-2 days. As of Monday afternoon, Sept. 28, I still had no cancellation confirmation. I called the company and "Maureen" advised me that my credit card had been charged at time of order, and she could not confirm cancellation or refund my credit card because "the manufacturer had not confirmed cancellation of the order". She said that the company record did show that my order was cancelled and it was a "drop ship" order. The company would not be shipping the order. But the company would not issue a refund; until they say, "they have confirmed THEIR cancellation of the order with THEIR manufacturer. That is NOT and SHOULD NOT be the customer's problem.

Yankee Retail customers have no contact with the manufacturer; Yankee Retail customers do not order from the manufacturer; Yankee Retail customers have no agreement with or relationship to the manufacturer.

At the very least, Yankee Retail is improperly holding and using customers' money. If the refunds are never issued, then Yankee Retail is stealing customers' money. If you have a similar experience with this company, contact state and federal regulators in Connecticut and in your own state and report them and file a complaint.

justhousewife Sep 29, 2009

File complaints with the FCC and the FTC----go to: Federal Citizen Information Center website at www.pueblo.gsa.gov or call: [protected] for how to file a complaint

• Ax
    axelson97 Jan 24, 2010

I have had the same experience. How can a company credit your card before they even have the stock on hand to ship?!
    Seems to me that is a bit underhanded on their part.

Chelsea M Sep 03, 2010

I order online daily and I have never been charged weeks/months before the product is even available, this has got to be, at the very least, against some sort of ethical business partices.

• Su
    Susan14 Mar 21, 2011

I ordered from the Yankee Retail Company and I received my order in a timely manner, I got my items within 2 weeks of purchasing them. They were very pleasant on the phone and I will most surely order from them again.

• Do
    don'tuse Mar 29, 2011

ordered comforter 2 months ago and returned within 3 days. Called company and obtained return authorization form number and was told 25% restocking fee would apply. No where was this mentioned on their website! Almost 60 days and still have not been refunded.

• Sm
    Smantha Williamson Mar 31, 2011

I order a Nautica bedding set from this company and I did end up returning it -- didn't like the color. Got my refund in a few days, no restocking fee charged.

Justin Potts Apr 01, 2011

Dear Yankee Retail Customers,

I apologize for negative experiences you have recieved from my company. Rest assured we will work to correct them.

Please contact me directly [protected] x102. I will personally address and try to solve any issue that your are having. Its clear from this feed back that we have failed to serve some of our customers correctly - we will try hard to address any issues that you are facing.

Sincerely

Justin Potts
    CEO, The Yankee Retail Company

• Th
    think96 Apr 19, 2011

On 4/9/11 ordered the bedding item from home-decorating-co.com web site. The item was on sale and it was NOT the clearance item. Still have the copy of the original sale web page to proof that. However when I call the company for requesting the RMA I was told that I cannot return the item because it was clearance item. This is clear fraudulent practices with the customer. Going to file complain with FCC regarding they business.

• Wm
    wmhs02dm Feb 17, 2012

I am now concerned about the company. My husbands card was used fraudulently after ordering from them. It's been over 3 weeks and I haven't received my order. My husband canceled his card, then they said they tried to "reauthorize" the charge but since he had already canceled his card due to fraud I am not worried about them doing the same thing to my card. Will keep you updated.

• Fo
    Forget them May 14, 2012

Same experience with this company - very unscrupulous.

• Ni
    ninesiix Mar 20, 2013

I wish I could give 0 stars because this company is a scam! Avoid at all cost! If i had only googled them before I made an order.
    I ordered a bedding set on March 9th and for weeks it said processing. When I couldnt wait any longer I contacted the company (home-decorating-co) and said I want to cancel and get my money back. In the mean time I ordered the same bedding from Amazon and they had shipped it the next day!
    Now i followed up with this company next day to see when can i expect my refund and they said they had shipped it! I was furious! To put an icing on the cake the manager Melissa, said I will be charge 20% restocking fee just to return it! THis has been absolutely the worst experience on line EVER!
    AVOID AVOID AVOID!! Save your self a headache!

• Je
    jeannesawyer Jun 14, 2013

I had a problem because I was charged the incorrect amount when I purchased some beautiful bedding. I called them up and they refunded me completely and it was the easiest problem solving ever. Wouldn't hesitate to shop here again.

• Ra
    rali arezoo Jun 25, 2013

I thank them for all their help and professionalism . I love my bed set . The pillows are beautiful . After the way I was treated by them, I will most definitely use The Home Decorating company again.

• Ri
    Rita Cal Jun 28, 2013

It took a while to receive my order but very excited when it came. Item was lovely and worth the wait. Great Company and products.

• Sh
    Sharon Marlo Jul 05, 2013

Thank you. I want to commend this company on its exceptional customer service. I appreciated the phone call to check on why the shipping address and billing address were different. Now I see that the order has shipped very quickly. I'm so happy to have found this company and their adorable products!

• Re
    Remeer Jul 09, 2013

I placed an order several weeks ago...order number 275446. There were a couple of questions I had after I placed the order, and a change or two that I needed to make. My emails were responded to by Melissa. I wanted someone to know just how wonderful she has been throughout my order process. She handled all questions and concerns in a professional, timely manner, and has been courteous and understanding in every correspondence. I even had an issue with some of the merchandise when it arrived, and she took the time to look in to the matter, and recognize the problem. She is doing a great job as a supervisor if one of your employees is so studious and professional. Thank you both. Roll Tide!

• Br
    Braddzy Aug 15, 2013

Great products! My guest room is complete thank you Yankee Retail Co., and will shop here again!!!

• Sh
    Shelley Teague Oct 03, 2013

Once again, I ordered a beautiful product from this company again and they were so helpful. Looking forward to decorating the rest of my bedrooms! Shelley T.

charred snee Oct 03, 2013

I ordered products from this company and unfortunately on my first order I only received one of the two products so I called their customer service and they overnighted me the missing product. Such amazing customer service.

• Me
    Meeme Mar 28, 2014

I think this company gets a lot of bad reviews because of unreasonable customer complaints, which is unfortunate as they are a very fair and reasonable company. The company promised me a delivery date and it was delivered by then. A lot of people would say that is not worth a review but what I have seen people complaining about I disagree. If these people know anything about business and commercial business in general then they would realize that either their demands are ridiculous or it is the shipping companies fault. I hope in some small way this will serve as a positive testimony to others.

• Su
    suzco Apr 24, 2015

This is an unscrupulous company! I placed an order with them for a comforter set and a bed skirt. The bed skirt was delivered by UPS. The other items were shipped with FedEx and I've never received them. I called the company and they said they would put a trace on the FedEx tracking number and within 1 to 2 days would reship my order. After 2 weeks, they kept giving me the run around so I cancelled the remaining order. They did credit me for the missing items, however, they are charging me an $18.99 shipping fee??? They are charging me for delivery of the whole order that I did not receive. I do have a dispute going against them with my credit card company. There are MANY complaints against this company for similar actions. Do not do business with this company!!!

• Or
    Orsola May 11, 2016

There is something underhanded about this company, do not order from this company.