XM LabsUnauthorized billing

R

Placed an order for a sample of Acai & regimex for $4.95 shipping and handling the e mail form stated that you may cancel any further orders with in 15 days.

On the 11th day I found a $139.95 charge from XM on my bank account . I called the company and spoke with Roberto who said he was the supervisor. He stated that I only had 10 days to cancel my order as per there legal contract which is stated on page 5 of a legal document. Roberto stated he could return $40.00 to my account.

At the time they deducted the $ 139.95 I had not received the sample to see if I even liked the product. I have not received any money from this company and I am filing a fraud report with the Florida Attorney generals office and the New Jersey Attorney generals office and the better business Bureau.

• Ap
    a-pa Nov 10, 2010

The owner of the company is Kenneth Jacobi and his personal cell number is [protected]. I have confirmed it- he picked up when I called it. I hope you all will do the same and personal give him your complaint.

• Sn
    Sniffin Oct 19, 2010

I did order the FREE TRAIL of Pills both Procleanse Gold and Diet Max, but along with the original shipping total cost of $16.00, I had the additional costs of pills on my criedt card statements too. I never received them. But... the BEST PART IS... I also had over $3500.00 put on my credit card from Great Britain, (and I have never been and am in Canada) where Procleanse Gold shows up on my credit card statements, coming from??? Weird or just a coincidence. Think what you may, but please do not order from these people.

• Sn
    Sniffin Oct 19, 2010

• Ho
    Horty Jul 24, 2010

Another sucker. I was able to cancel with one of the companies (if in fact there are two of them), but was not able to cancel before being billed 87.47 for the teeth whitening scam. I changed my debit card the day before the charge, but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. Unfortunately, I have a credit union, so I don't know if filing a fraud report will work. I'll try it.

What a drag. I'd like to be around when they get caught. Actually, I'd like to have some of my clients around when they get caught. I am a counselor in a prison, and a lot of the guys respect me and would handle it for me. Can't do that, I know, but the fantasy is fun.

Good luck, all.

• Tj
    T-JK Jul 13, 2010

Cut and pasted - may be useful to readers.
    On May 1, 2017 I saw a Facebook ad about a homemaker in Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada (I'm from Vancouver) that states the woman has discovered the secret to dazzlingly white teeth at home. I was intrigued because all the other teeth whitening products cause sensitivity so I clicked on the link. It led me to a website that offered a free trial for two whitening products (the "secret" is that you have to use the two products together) and I was supposed to pay the shipping and handling fee of approximately $5 so I gave them my credit card information and clicked on "okay".

I received the two free trials with no paperwork at all and thought little more of it until I noticed a credit card charge of $87.47 US on my credit card go through with the notation EVERWHITEKIT8888692674 PANAMA dated May 14, 2017. I realized I had been scammed and that they had sent me the full kit which I eventually received and thought..."lesson learned". There wasn't even close to enough time to use the product and determine if it was useful given the shipping time and that it takes at least 7 days of use. Then on June 11, 2017 another charge appeared for $82.47 US from DAZLINGBRITE8667778751 PANAMA and I thought, okay...the second company has sent me the full kit also." When I realized today that I hadn't received the second kit I logged on to my Royal Bank account to see what I could do about a product that hasn't been received and noticed a third amount of $87.47 US has gone through July 7, 2017 from Dazlingbrite8667778751 Panama so I contacted my credit card to see what I could do about it. They've told me there is nothing they can do until I can show them that I have cancelled my membership with the company. This is not easy to do. They can't even seem to be able to protect me from any future charges going through. (They also said that Everwhite and DazlingBrite are the same company.) The [protected] does not work and I cannot find a website for this company. I ended up getting linked to some poor woman in Ontario who runs a home jewellery business who gets all of their angry calls including from attorneys. She suggested the only thing I can do is cancel my credit card.

So I finally was able to contact Joy at the Everwhite number [protected] to tell her I that I didn't want the product, I want to cancel my membership, and that I need her e-mail address. She said she can only offer me a $20 refund. She said she can see that there are two orders pending. In other words, they aren't even bothering to ship the product they are billing me for and they're already billing me for the next month's teeth whitening kit. She said she has just e-mailed me a cancellation e-mail and that she doesn't have an e-mail address to give me. I did not receive the e-mail that she assured me she had sent but while speaking to her, I got the mailing address of: 2609 N 29th Ave, Hollywood, FA, 33020 Also, at some point she restated that the $20 refund was actually a DISCOUNT on the NEXT months "membership fee". She also gave me another phone number. [protected]

I've done some research on-line and there are pages and pages of complaints and misery. From what I can determine this is XM Labs, LLC, 3609 N. 29th Avenue, Hollywood, Florida, 33020 and according to this link... XM Labs — Unauthorized billing they are also running a $139.95 unauthorized billing scam for acai berry and regimex. Needless to say, I wouldn't even think of using the product from such an unsavoury group of people which has now cost me nearly $300 and I'm expecting more charges to go through. Also, I have not received the product for the June 11th charge or the July 7th charge which of course is just a side note.

I'm as surprised that my bank can't protect me from further charges from this merchant as I am by the scam itself and will be spending most of my day tomorrow sorting out this mess as I did today. I have sent an e-mail to Facebook ads and I noticed I don't see the ad anymore. There are numerous names for this product according to the internet : Everwhite, WhiteBlast, DazlingBrite etc. There's quite a sad story on pissedconsumer.com if you look up Everwhite or any of these other names.

• Bu
    Bud Tyler Jul 06, 2010

They are still pulling the same scam. Makes you wonder if the Florida Consumer Protection Office does anything.
    Shame of Florida for letting this company steal from the public with inpunity.

I am out $158.54.

• Bo
    boots1690 Mar 29, 2010

as like many of the complaints on here i purchased a 10 day trail for the acai berry and only had to pay the $3.95 for p&p. after 7 days $89.47 was taken from my account without authourization..after 10 days i recieved a package containing regimex tablets ( whatever they are !) after another 7 days a further $89.47 was taken under a different company name!!! im livd that this company has been allowed to continue to rip people off. i checked up on the owners of xm labs /contact user for the information/

• Mb
    mbabs Feb 05, 2010

The Floridas office of the Attorney general has contacted me about these bums. Justice will be served! Xm labs Xm brands will be fully prosecuted by the law. Chase Manhattan and other banks are also involved.

• Ta
    Tamie2 Dec 28, 2009

I contacted the BBB in Florida RE: XM Brands INC. and XM Labs LLC.
    I received an envelope from the Office of the Attorney General, Economic Crimes Division which included an affidavit complaint form (5 pages in all) asking for all pertainent corresponence regarding this company. The BBB is conducting a civil investigation into the activities of XM pursuant to Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
    I, too, cancelled my previous credit card, received shipments 11/28/2017 and 12/26/2017, which I promptly refused acceptance of both (return to sender).
    Thankfully after reading all the posts, I documented all conversations, names, dates, etc. I will most definitely be filling out all pages and sending copies of all my interactions with this company.
    I strongly all of you to file a complaint with the BBB in Florida regarding this scam. Together with enough complaints we can put an end to this scam.

• De
    Deb aka sucker Nov 20, 2009

The same thing happened to me back in May. My Credit Union took care of the dispute. Well I thought it was!! I rcvd a call today from my Credit Union telling me they had to take my prvisional credit back that they gave me in May. They drained my account and put in in the negative and I'm back to square one. Supposedly the XM Comapny said I settled with them for the $40 credit and that was it. That $40 credit they give you, that on line thing you do is actually signing you up for something else to take even more money!!! I also gor ripped off by HHC-Home Heath Store. It was all part of the same scam!! Someone HELP!!!

• Pa
    Pat Wood Oct 14, 2009

Anyone who has a problem with XM's cancellation policy (as many here have) should also file a complaint with the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection (I did):

They don't investigate individual complaints, but if enough people complain, they work with the DOJ and state attorneys general to investigate and litigate cases.

• Be
    beckymr Oct 11, 2009

I had same thing happen when ordering vitamins for my dog. I never received free trial & they charged my credit card 139.97. And of course then they shipped product 3 times & kept charging me. I had to close my credit card acct.!! I kept sending vitamins back now they are charging me for that. Thank God credit card co. is disputing this for me.

Chelseanic Oct 09, 2009

I have never signed up for free samples of any product and have had my debit card barely three months. I recieved a diet supplement from this company and was charged for it without my knowledge. I have cancelled the card but hte transaction has already gone through. Have just recently discovered there are other charges put to my card that I did not make. This is ridiculous that this company is still in business with as many complaints as I've read in just the last ten minutes. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a refund though from what I've read that doesn't seem possible.

• Cg
    CGN Sep 04, 2009

This is for the guy who works for XM Labs...When you don't answer your phone, or you don't return the messages people leave then you are scamming them. I have called your company approximately 15-25 times and no one has ever called me back. I guess if you don't return the calls then the people can't cancel their orders. I have filed complaints with my credit card company and with the Better Business Bureau in Fl. I hope everyone does. I also found this company throug Facebook, so I will be filing a complaint with them and putting this information on my facebook account for all of my "friends" to see. Hope that saves a few hundred people from the same bull crap!!

• 1p
    1phydeau Aug 31, 2009

I ordered the the colon cleanse from XM labs for $4.95. When I received the product there was no contact information on the packing slip enclosed and no invoice. I had to get a phone number off my credit card account to call them. When I called I was put on hold for an hour. Several times I had to hang up because I had other thing to do.When I finally got ahold of them they had already charged me $139.95. They said I had 10 days to cancel, but this information was not on the website I visited. They would not reverse the charges, but said they would give me a $50 credit. Then I said I wanted to cancel this subscription but they said I had to wait until the $50 came through. When it didn't come through I called again. They said I had typed an order number wrong. I did not have access to the internet at that time so they said they would call me back on Monday. They called, but the credit had already come through. So I said I want to cancel at this time. They said I had to wait two weeks before I could cancel.

Because I had put this on a credit card that I do not use very much, I canceled my card so no more charges could go through. This is a scam. 1. They should be more clear about the automatic subscription. 2. They should be more clear about the 10 days. 3. They should put contact information in the package. 4. They should allow us to cancel at any time.

Jacque12 Aug 25, 2009

On 7/31/2017 I ordered a free trial of Acia Berry and Colon Flush. And was charged $4.95 to my credit card. I finally received 1 bottle of Maqui Berry Dual Powder BFT and no Colon Flush 1 week ago. Then 8/14/2017 I received (2) more bottles of Maqui Berry Dual Powder BFT and no Colon Flush for $139.97 was charged to my account 7/31/2017 the same day I placed the order for the free trial. I tried calling the company to tell them I did not want the product the same day. I started calling at 11:00Am up untill 5:00Pm then I finally got a recording (our office hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri.) All you get is a tape of some horrible distorted music. I wrote Fox 2 Detroit with all the information, because I want this to air on Problem Solvers. I may not get my money back...but I at least want to get the word out to others. I will never order a free trail of anything again.

• Gu
    GULABLE Aug 22, 2009

I cant Beleive the State Of Florida is letting XM Labs get away with this...This is the biggest rip-off company on so many leavels...PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS...they should be Sued for deceptive selling

• Su
    Sunil Bachubhay Aug 21, 2009

Placed order on internet ON 07/05/2017 for WEIGHT LOSS BFT Acai Berry for $4.95 & Shipped 07/13/09. I could not take the pills, they made me jittery and not feel well, I did not know I had to cancel within 10 days to call company because it was stated NOWHERE when I clicked the link to order. I received the second shipment and a whopping 139.97 bill which was charged to my credit card just 2 days later on 07/15/09.

• Mo
    momma dee Aug 17, 2009

I work for Xm labs if you guys feel we are scam, that crazy. How you guys are goingto judge us when you sign up, and put your credit card information over the internet without reading the terms and conditions .. NOW thats CRAZY.. i deal with people like this every day. It states that the 14 DAYS FREE SUPPLY OFFERD to YOU CAN TAKE UP TO 2-3 weeks for you to receive, ALL SALES ARE FINAL, YOUR ! ONCE you submit the order you agreed to sign up fro a 10 DAYS membership your membership starts as soon as you place your order. IF U DO NOT CALL WITHIN YOUR 10 DAYS to CANCEL THE MEMBERSHIP then you automatically enrolled into the autoship program and billed what ever MONTH subscribtion YOU APPLY FOR!! Monthly or B-monthly. It's not out fault you failed to read this fine print before placing the order. you have a great day

Manna Aug 17, 2009

The same thing has happened to me! You call and call and you get an answering service where they are going to transfer you to a representative and then the busy signal! I had to close the credit card account and file a disupte in hopes that the charges don't go through again.

Manna Aug 17, 2009

Mamie...the same thing happened to me except I received no refund. I had to have my credit card account number changed so they could not charge COMPLETE SCAM!!!

joeboots Aug 16, 2009

everybody need to contact the better business, just pull it up and go to flordia and write your complaint. i did and it works. so let them know what a company from there state is doing. good luck.

• Nu
    numlauf Aug 15, 2009

i got charged 4.95 and it over drew an account i only use for school and didnt look at for the past 2 months, i was being charged 10$ a day that put me 170$ negative. i never even herd of the company or even used my credit card for months before i was charged. school starts soon and im really tight for money and now i have to wait 45 days for an apeal. i hope this guy gets caught and hardcore screwed over. i would have never even noticed the charges the only reason i did is cuz it overdrew my acount, i wounder how many other people he has screwed over.

• Te
    tenacious Aug 10, 2009

Just got my bank statement, could not understand why I was over drawn last week! Now I know, this FREE TRIAL just cost me 139.97. Tried to call the number listed from my statement with the bank, of course, answer service, will transfer, line is busy, keep trying, same result.

This is preposterous. I am so angry right now. I hope that we can all ban together and take this person to the hangman. I don't even have anything to show for this outrageous charge.

Getting my money back might help as long as I get the overdraft charge in addition to that and something for the pain and suffering from the grief my husband gave me for an over-draft on an account that I've had for 15 years, NEVER have I been overdrawn.

Mamie Aug 10, 2009

I answered an add for free trial offer for 4.95 shipping and handling only with the option of cancelling within 10days of receipt of the product according to the terms and conditions. 8 days later a charge of 139.97 appeared on my credit card. Spoke with Lisa at X-M Labs about it she said that according to the terms ans conditions you have 10days from the date of the order to cancel. She cancelled my subscription but said that my products were on the way. She explained that I would not recevie full refund but maybe 70.00. I returned the product three weeks later after I recevied it and now they are telling me at X-M labs that all sales are final RIP OFF

• Be
    Betty Alexander Aug 10, 2009

On 7-31-09, I purchased, on the internet, a product for dog paws, to assist with allergy feet. There was to be a free (+ shipping & handling) 10 day trial period. On 8-10-09, my checking account was charged $1.00, PLUS $139.97. I have not received the product. When I called them at [protected], I was told there is no trial period, & there is no cancellation of orders placed on the Internet. I have contacted my bank to dispute this charge. I also tried to cancel my "subscription" for their product. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP-OFF. Their web site is for sale, & apparently they are ripping off customers big time.

• Ft
    F-Them Aug 07, 2009

These ### did the same thing to me. I filled out the form and clicked cancel but it went though anyways. STAY AWAY from this company, I tried calling the number but it doesn't work [protected]

• Je
    JerreB Aug 06, 2009

I'm in the same boat . I asked for the free trial of Resveratrol for $4.95. My credit card company called an hour later to ask about a charge from XM Labs for 139.95. I told them them it was fraudulent and immediately I cancelled my order. Then I had to go thru the dispution procedure with my card company. They removed the charge temporarily, but they called the other day as another charge for 139.95 from XM Labs had appeared. I'm not sure what to do next.

• Sm
    S Meadows Aug 05, 2009

People need to beware of this company that is in the business of robbing people and conduting unauthorized billing into people's accounts. I was charged 139.00 dollars for a product that I didn't order. My sister was able to access my credit informtion and make this order..."where are the safeguards". Shouldn't they have something in place for this.

Even worse, when I just called, I was just hung up on by a woman named Vivian (upon asking for her last name, she refused to reply), upon asking for a supervision, she said she didn't have to get me one? In addition, I heard her speak about reimbursing one customer, and then when asked when she would be reimbursing me, she stated, they didn't have to because I didn't call and cancel a order (that I didn't make) in the first place.

I was called by someone from their organization (a couple of days after this false order was placed) who explained to me that I was going to be billed for a product that I didn't even order. Then the time frame I was given was 30 days. I replied back to the young man I was speaking to that I didn't order anything that that I was going to return whatever they were sending back to them.

This company is ripping people off and as of right now, I don't know how to get my money back and in times of such economic stress, there has to be someone out there who can help us?

• Ri
    RippedOffinSTL Aug 04, 2009

It happened to me too. I signed up for the "RISK FREE" *snort* trial on 7/24. I read the terms and conditions however misread 10 days from when the order is placed and thought it said 10 days from when order is received. On day 11 yesterday (mind you, I have not received anything in the mail at this time) a pending charge appears at my bank. I spoke to two different people, both of whom were idiots who only knew how to say "but you agreed to the terms" YEAH, fine but if you are advertising a RISK FREE trial, that tells me I am going to get to TRY the stuff before I have to purchase it. I asked for a tracking # and was given a # that wasn't even pulling up in the USPS website. They tried to give me some line about it only shows up when the receiving PO gets the package, UM, NO, when it goes into the postal service when it is shipped. Magically, the USPS site today says it has been notified by the shipper to expect a package. That means it wasn't even in the mail until the 11th day! And this is probably the 2 month supply that my $139 supposedly bought which means they NEVER SENT THE TRIAL. This is a complete and utter scam. I am so sorry I didn't google the company before doing this thing. Luckily, I spoke to my bank, they are going to refund my money (it will take 10 business days tho) once their payment clears, it is still pending. I also cancelled my card even though they supposedly cancelled my membership when I spoke to them yesterday. I have to file an affidavit and my bank is going to do an investigation. I am going to write to Fox2 - consumer division here in St. Louis and see if I can talk them into doing a story on these scammers. They need to be exposed - if you have been ripped off - please SPEAK UP! What they are doing is illegal. The terms and conditions are null and void because they are breaching the contract by not sending the trial portions out in the mail to begin with!!!

• Di
    dinkinsrp Aug 04, 2009

I can not believe that such a reputable person like Rachel Ray is endorsing a product from such a company. I am waiting for the bank to open so I can dispute this with them and then get ahold of XMlabs and give them a piece of my mind. Yes I did read the fine print, but the product has not yet shown up so therefor I cannot start it and see if I like it to actually accept the charges within the trial time frame. This is not a good way to support your products. I have read many post on different sites and they all say the same thing. Those of us that have read the fine print and have been wronged should be credited. I do wish I would have researched this before I signed up for the 4.95 shipping trial, I would not be in this position now.

• St
    stonerhythms Aug 01, 2009

Same thing happened to me. Ordered my "free trial" on Jul 23, was suppose to be a 14 day trial and I was charged before I even got the sample product, on Aug 1. I am not sure if I should even waste my time trying to call xm labs. I am going to dispute with my bank. I should have known better than to sign up for anything that claims to be "free" on the internet. Its BS those ### should be stopped.

• St
    stonerhythms Aug 01, 2009

Same thing for me. Ordered on Jul 23rd, for a "free trial" of 14 days. Was charged $139 on Aug 1st. Never even got my sample product in the mail. I will dispute with my bank. I havn't called xm labs...figured it would be a waste of my time. These ### should be stopped.

• Wi
    wilsmom Jul 28, 2009

My husband placed a trial order for the Acai berry product and XM Labs didn't even give him the full 10 day trial period before charging our credit card for the first shipment of $139.97. When I called their customer service department to complain, Vivian told me they were a "reputable company" I am finding out this is not true!!! The companies policy is to send the trial sample by US mail which will get to you in two to three weeks. WAY AFTER THE 10 DAY TRIAL PERIOD IS OVER. They will of course charge you for that first shipment on the 10th day. You can bet I will be reporting this to a number of agencies.

susan

• Ca
    Catluver Jul 28, 2009

Please read and feel my frustrations::::I had the same thing happen to me, all of it makes me want to vomit!!! The number provided is a joke. When I call it will ring for a while and then hang up/disconnect, or the voice message will say "Someone will be with you shortly", and then the phone disconnects, or you will be on hold for about 10-20 minutes waiting for a representative. I tried to call and ask them a question about the product even before the 10 day trial was up, and I got so frustrated waiting on hold, or having the number disconnect on me, or it just ringing and ringing and getting nowhere I gave up. (The product I received was a liquid capsule and some of the liquid had stained the cotton in the bottle and it just looked really awful and gross I didn't even want to try it and I did!) Then I received the charge of $139.99-that pushed me over the edge. I called the next day, and just dealt with being on hold or having the phone line not work, but I finally got through...ended up taking to a supervisor, got a refund only if I sent the product back without opening, and then waited and waited and waited...No refund. I sent the package back when the UPS driver came and I got a tracking number and then a month and a half went by, I called them again, same telephone number frustration, but finally got through (I actually did this on my day off cause I knew it would take me a while to get someone, and I remember calling about 4 times because the number would just automatically hang up) and I talked to a lady who said she would go ahead and credit my account $70 some dollars, she asked for the UPS tracking number, I waited for about 10 minutes on hold and she came back, put me on hold, came back, put me on hold again, then she said I would received a credit in 24 to 48 hours...DID I receive the credit? Nope. Now I have to call them again (it has been about 3 weeks), I'm dreading the call. Anyway, I have to call them again and see if I can get the credit. I am also going to go to my credit card company and see if they can help me. I will definitely dispute the charges...this is something I should have done in the first place but I did read the small print all the way on the bottom of the website that states that I had 10 days or 14 days to call and cancel right after I received the 139.99 charge. So I felt guilty, but I do know that this "company" is so awful and terrible and annoying. I will never ever do something like this again...but I am going to fight them to the end. I will get some of my money back if not all! I'm determined just because they are such scammers it makes me sick. XM LABS is a scam!!!Catluver

• Li
    LIL NOSE1 Jul 27, 2009

Learn how to read the terms and condtion that is there for you to read before you enter your credit card number. And this is legal because they do disclose if you do not cancel with in a certain you will be charged. Read read read before you give your credit card Information. Nothing in life is free.

• Ji
    Jim Jul 22, 2009

Was on the web and an advertisement came up offering a sample product for teeth whiting for $4.95 to try. It was a scam. Not only did my credit card get charged $4.95 but I was also charged $29.01 which was not authorized and now I find out that I will be bill monthly for $89.00 monthly. They will not answer the phone for me to talk to them. I got the phone number off of my credit card statement. Also you need to be aware that you will be enrolled in other programs that you were not aware, like privacy watch and be charged, beware of this scam. This company is selling different items on the web and I read that the same thing is happening to others with the same product as well as different products. This company is scamming across the board and should be shut down and owners and mangers jailed and fined for fraud.

They Use the name of XM Labs Hollywood, CA. Do the google search and find out for yourself. Also they are also using the XM Labs Hollywood, FL which even has more complaints. The phone number is the same for both locations. When you call the phone will disconnect. This is also report from other customers that they have scammed.

Had to close my debit card and open new one. That will surely stop them from charging my credit card in the future.

• Jr
    J.Raeford Jul 22, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Except when I called I got a female operator with an attitude before I could state anything she hung up. I ordered it July 9th, recieved it July 19, got charged July 20th. the difference is I only got the bottle of Acai, and it only had fifteen days worth of capsules. Supposed to take two a day, there are thrity capsules so thats only half of what i ordered. I didn't get regimex, didn't get another bottle of Acai, only those fifteen days worth. I want all 139.97 back! And I am Getting IT ALL BACK!

• Al
    Allen Knapp Jul 16, 2009

I ordered the trial bottle of Resveratrol XM for $4.95 shipping. Since that time I have been receiving a bottle each month at a cost of approximately $90.00. I have attempted to contact the company to stop shipments and get put on hold for hours. My credit card company say they cannot block charges ...How do I stop this??????

[email protected]

• Mo
    Mofaith Jul 15, 2009

Today i s 7/15/ 09 and I just found out I have an (an unarthorized charge) of 139.99 pending on my account from xm labs I have immediadly cancled my card and my bank is investigating!
    My experience is simular to the other claims mentioned here!!