Xlibris

Posted:

once they get your money you can hang it up

Xlibris Corporation
Once they get your money you can hang it up! They want to charge you $71 for a children's book that has 70 pages. Their employees complain about their job at Xlibris to customers. They'll fix everything you want fixed (if the price is right). Book publishing shouldn't be like this. I truly hated this experience.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

N     0 Votes

Xlibris - unbelievably irresponsible company
Xlibris Corporation

Worst experience I ever had. Unbelievably irresponsible company. They will not take responsibility for any mistakes they make. They strait out lied to me, to the point I requested a copy of the taped conversation, but of course as of right now I still do not have it. Requested the company’s legal counsel so my attorney can contact them, they will not give it to me. I will have to pay my attorney to do the research. Please save your pace of mind, do not use this company. I wish, I did more research before I sign on with them.
N     0 Votes

Xlibris - printing issues and customer complaints
Xlibris Corporation

I submitted my book in May 2017. I asked for editing services and the costs. I was totally ignored by the first representative who eventually left the company. As a result, the book had errors. I had to take it out of production. Since the representative quit and they could not find record of my request for editing. Well, instead of $28.00 I had pay $226.00.

Now that the book is ready, they sent out copies with printing errors. All of the words and numbers were running together. There's more, customers began to complain because they paid for books and have not received them. One customer paid for hers over a month ago(10/6). However, has yet to receive it.

I have lost opportunities such as the school system, speaking engagements and also book signings.

It is too bad because in the beginning I was pleased with the assistance. The gentleman was pleasant and very helpful.

I simply want them to send the books to my customers in a timely manner.

One of my customers is threatning to get her attorney involved.

I am not one to complain. It is my fullest intention to maintain a rapport with the companies I do buiness with. However, in this situation I feel as if I have no other alternative but to voice my opinion.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree