www.mylpcard.comIdentity theft

B

I am the victim of identity theft. LPC cards issued a $7500 line of credit (probably to linked cards sent to another address). I did not apply for or authorize this credit request. There was not even a complaint or customer service number on the paperwork I had recieved I had to notify them of the fraud by email or surface mail. They need better approval methods. I have a fraud alert posted at the 3 credit bureaus, why did these guys issue this card?

More www.mylpcard.com Complaints & Reviews

• Ju
    Judy Slusser Nov 17, 2008

This is such a ripe off. They make it sound like this is a real credit card, when indeed it is ther own personal merchandise. I have to suspect that it is all low quilty crap, that is extremly over priced. If you receive any thing at all. When I tried to call the number to that is listed Icould not even get to a live person. This company should get sued at not be aloowed in the US.

• Ra
    Rachel Nov 18, 2008

How can companies get away with this horrific scam????? I just received this card without every applying. Just another reason to believe, you're not even safe with PAPERWORK! Protect your identity and DO NOT USE THE INTERNET FOR ANY OTHER INFO OTHER THAN NEWS OR E-MAIL. The Government should put these people behind bars!!! Outrageous! As if we don't have enough in our lives to keep up with!

John R. Lippert Nov 20, 2008

Recently Your company got a hold of my checking numbers and withdrew $79.00 from that account. I did not authorize anyone from your company to withdraw money from my account. I want the money back. John Lippert

• Mi
    Michele Myers Nov 22, 2008

This is an ongoing scam to be aware of. This is not an actual credit card, but a means to access your personal information and charge fees that are ridiculous. I was hesitant to sign up at first, and now that I have seen these postings about this company, I am glad that I passed this special offer up. There are other similar such scams out there to make you part with your money. Beware of the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is." Somebody needs to get the word out about this!

• Na
    Nancy in NY Dec 03, 2008

Thank you for this information. I knew LPC sounded like a "too-good-to-be-true" scam. As if I would ever give access to my checking account!!! I visited the online merchandise catalog and discovered NO prices were listed. Also, the merchandise is NOTHING I want. I promptly shredded and disposed of the "pre-approved" card and approval letter. What a bunch of hooey. I too, received the card and letter unsolicited. I hate those who prey on others.

• Su
    Superstar Dec 13, 2008

I would like to know if anyone having been issued the LPC card has had a single good experience. With the current economic atmosphere and limited funds to spend on the holidays, if this card is meant to further prey on those who could not otherwise 'shop' with well known vendors through traditional means. Is this the general consensus with those who have been 'approved' for this special offer? Maybe instead of turkey for Christmas, we could all eliminate a vulture! Waiting to hear anything!

• Gr
    greenjenroses Dec 29, 2008

I am like the others, what I want to know is..will they continue to debit money from your account every year?

• Te
    Tee Dec 31, 2008

I joined this company about 10 years ago and paid close to $300.00 in fee's and then finally recieved a catalog of cheap quality high priced items, that was not appealing or anything I wanted to buy. I was under the understanding that this was a real credit card. I thought well I might as well use my vouchers on Items and give them away for gifts to at least get my money back, but I sent in the order and never recieved a thing. I tried to contact the company but the number was disconnected. I tried to find the company to get my money back and they didnt even exsist. I tried to report them but still they didnt exsist at all. But low and behold 10 years later I get a card pre-approved in the mail that I didnt even ask for and it is the same company with the same name, Well, Well, Well. Now maybe I can get my money back it they dont disapear for another 10 years...Wish me luck! Tee

• Em
    emander23 Jan 30, 2009

Dear Sirs,
    I'm writing because I canceled this card #[protected]. But you are still charging me $79.00 processing fee, I will not have money in my account to cover this till March 3, 2009 so if would wait till then to charge me for the processing fee,
    You can confirm this by sending me an e-mail to [email protected] .
    Sincerely Your,
    Edward Mander

Sarah Grant Jan 30, 2009

This is NOT a scam! You all are just ###ed and never read your letter! Im a member with LPC and I love catalogue shopping with them! Maybe if you had a brain or eyes to read then none of this would ever happen. The letter says the 79 is (non refundable) DUH!!!

• Sh
    Shadowdancer Feb 13, 2009

I just got the letter and the card. Now I know not to do any more than shred it. The back does say the $79 is non refundable, but it also says it's a one time charge.

It says "Your membercard annual fee is $198 for the first year and is charged to your LPC creditline when you pay your activation fee. The annual fee is reduced to $99 annually for each year thereafter. The annual fee will be charged to your LPC creditline on the anniversary of your membership date every year thereafter after the first year and will be payable through your regularly scheduled monthly payments. The first payment on your account will be due on the first business day of the second month after you activate your account". So in other words, you're paying the fee, on top of what you order, plus state tax. They're raking in the dough, and you're paying through the nose.

I see no phone number for customer service either, but I see an address: P.O. Box 21804, Los Angeles, CA 90021 whether the address is good or not, I don't know, I''m just getting it from the back of the letter the card is attached to.

• Mo
    MonkeyShines Mar 02, 2009

I think it is great, not the card but the shreadder I ran the card through. The shreadder works great. This is a SCAM. I got the credit rating of a garden slug and anyone who would issue me a card is nutz and a loser...LOLOLOL. Don't be fooled.

• Co
    constance Mar 19, 2009

### I closed my account

• Ju
    juannie Mar 24, 2009

Thank you for this information about the "my pay low credit card". All your comments saved me from making a horrible mistake to rebuild my credit. I understand there is no quick way to undo the bad dicisions on your credit report. I will just take my time to correct my credit.

• Ka
    kash Mar 26, 2009

Thanks guys for your input! They sent me a card yesterday and It has been sitting here by my computer. At first I knew it was a scam when I seen no visa or mastercard logo. Then I went to the website and looked at the catalog and thought...hmm...i could use this...Then I tried to call the company and could'nt speak to a rep. That made me realize it had to be a scam. I began to read the back of the pre-approval letter and all my questions were answered. They want you to pay out of your ### and from what i read from you guys, the merchandise is crap. Even though I'm still stuck with bad credit, i'm happy I didn't fall for these sons of ###! If people are not recieving the merchandise or if the merchandise is not up to par, the company should be sued. seriously!

• Ti
    Tinh N. Tran Mar 30, 2009

I am a new card holder of LPC card that you sent to me a couple weeks ago. I have thought it a credid card, after I activated the card, I found that it did not work when I used the card to pay for something I bought at the store near my residence (Garden Grove City). Now I would like to refuse the card and cancel all the agreement I signed on line yesterday. Please don't charge me the fees that I have agreed because of my misunderstanding the card is a normal credid card as Visa or Master card. Can I ?

NOT I Apr 05, 2009

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! ON ALL THE SLIMEY EMPLOYEES THAT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY'RE YOU ALL TO RIP PEOPLE OFF????? BLESS THE DAY THE TABLES TURN ON YOU...

• Dw
    DwayneMarshall Apr 06, 2009

I agree with everything all of these people have said. I think it is a rip off!

• Ic
    iceman Apr 08, 2009

There are plenty of scams like this, these days. And we should all be on our feet. There are vultures everywhere.

Yes, all of the information above is in the letter they send. Yes, they tell you about the fees, etc. But they write out this letter in a way that is intentionally misleading and confusing.

There are also actual credit cards out there like this. That will bleed you to death with fees, surcharges, and fines for every step or breath you take.

Always read ALL of the fine print, and ALL of the paperwork, everyone. Because these are what con men such as these use as their thinly-veiled excuse to rip you off. They gave you the paperwork. You didn't read it. And at the end of the day, they'll win in a court battle if you try to fight them.

Long story short...if it's confusing, that's what they wanted. And you need to throw it away. Because if you're confused with what you have in your hand, and you're still thinking about accepting it...you're exactly who they were looking for.

• Ev
    Evette Apr 10, 2009

I got a card from LPC this week, it looked sort of funny. I kept looking at the credit limit and i said to myself, this is not a true caredit card company. I had second thoughts about activating it but I'm not going to. Also you guys be on the look out also for a credit card that says NET TRUST also. It is also a scam too. You can only buy from their catalog. I agree with you guys, if it does not say MasterCard, Visa, or American Express, I'm not falling for it. Then if they were to send me a card, I will still call just to be sure. Times are getting hard now and you can't trust anybody. I learned the hard way because I was a victim of a scam in Nigeria. A Romance scam. Eversince then, I have been over cautious. Have a nice day.

• To
    Tony Ray Apr 11, 2009

Listen folks, IT"S A SCAM !!! LPC is not a credit card company nor can they improve your credit history. They will collect a "non-refundable" $79.00 fee plus the annual charge for using their "credit card" lol but what your buying or can only buy are merchandise they own. High priced cheap quality stuff. Meaning lets say you accept their bogus approval process and order one of their items. By your second or third monthly payment, technically the item would be paid off, but you as the consumer and credit holder will still be paying for the item at the price they list. This is how LPC is making their money. And if you haven't noticed this by the time of the "processing" period and try canceling later, they make their money on the "processing fee" lol nice scam huh... people just look past this one.. dont waste your time and/or money. Read your blogs when ever something "to good to be true" comes up because honestly we seem to look out for each other...
    oh and this company doesn't even have an actual address, its a P.O.Box. and they are not registered with the Better Business Bureau.

Just looking out

Tony Ray

• Jb
    jblood Apr 13, 2009

yeah i have recieve two of this b.s card saying i was pre-approval i would never call them or send my money lol hopefull who ever gets one of this cards dont fall this b.s

• Br
    brome76 May 06, 2009

I Just got this card sent to me without request 7, 500 credit line so suspicios because i never ever got an offer this good but after reading all this i will never sign up so they can get my numbers and rip me off no I don't think so, pals BEWARE SO MUCH FOR NOTHING VERY TRIKY...

• Bi
    Bina Jun 02, 2009

they just sent me a card i never asked for and i read the back and its for there company only so. i dont know whats goin on but they need to be sewed because im a single mom that really cant afford anythang.

• Da
    Dasterlydann Jun 19, 2009

Dasterlydann//Just check/compared the Colby MP3 4GB player with same item from wal-mart. Theirs is over a hundred dollars(2 something I believe): Wal-Mart's is 34 and change. This is a rip-off company coming and going.

• Lo
    lovely39 Jul 10, 2009

today date 7/10 /09 I receive the same scam the credit limit looks good but by reading it I realize it's fake 1st it's not a real credit card 2nd am not paying to get any credit card if they want to send a card go ahead but no one is getting my checking or saving account # if it's not visa or master card or american express take a hike if I WANT A STORE CARD i know where to get it

• El
    ello206 Jul 11, 2009

These people took money from my account --$79 and $120. I did not authorize these withdrawals. Is there a point in writing this? Am I going to be helped?

Thanks,

E. Rogers

• Th
    THE CHOSEN ONE Jul 25, 2009

IT IS SAD THAT IN TODAY'S WORLD COMPANIES ARE PREYING ON PEOPLE WHO THEY FEEL ARE EASY TARGETS BECAUSE OF THEIR CREDIT BEING LESS THAN FAVORABLE, BUT DON'T WORRY ALL, BECAUSE THOSE SAME UNDERMINING OWNERS AND THOSE WHO WORK FOR THE COMPANIE WILL GET THERES IN FULL!

• Sc
    scammed in ohio Aug 03, 2009

I received this card and did not even apply for such a silly ### scam...maye I should alert the better business bureau in my state to these scam artisit. The letter was so damn confusing i just tossed it in the trash after i shredded the ridiculous card.

• Ta
    tamikojones Aug 11, 2009

These son of ### should burn in hell for taking insant people money! they make it sound good like wow ! you get 75, 000 in your account for $79 that they charge your account and they get your personal identity and you get nothing from it but bad credit. somebody need to sue them ###! Im mad cause they sent me the card twice the first time I didnt know about it but know I do and they're not getting a dam thing from me this time!

• all i see is people complaining about how this is a scam. everything you people say you didn't know about is in the paper that you get in the first place. i got a paper from them today saying i've been approved. and i read it. and understand it. unless they don't send you the merch you made the deposit on and upheld your end of the deal it's not a scam. every one of you who are complaining are idiots. read the contracts first before you ### about what you did to your irresponsible self. i sign contracts every day. and there is nothing on this company that proves a scam. now personally i dont know for a fact. but from what i see is the people who are complaining are the ones looking for a free hand out. and the ones complaining are the scammers. you expect this company to give you something for free. wow u americans are pathetic. wha wha wha i went negative. maybe if you didnt have poor financial skills you wouldn't need this card in the first place and you woulda been able to get a real credit card. what is a pre paid credit card a scam too? it says very clearly this is not a credit card and it states very clearly that you have to shop their merch. it states very clearly they will be debiting your bank account for how much and how often. so again. who are the real scammers? its not them. or you would be able to take them to court and dispute the charges with your bank. it also states very clearly you can dispute any charges with them directly. and you wonder why the mangers at the company are rude and disrespectful. ### i would be too. you ###s don't read. i suppose your also they ###s that talk on your cell phones while driving putting everyone elses lives at risk too right? driving 30 mph in a 55 mph zone cause you can't tell if your gonna run off the road or be able to text your bud about tonights date? oh my god they can't wait 5 min. and when you get in an accident i bet its the other persons fault right. i'm out if i was god i'd be shaking my head in disgusted

• 19
    1953meri Aug 22, 2009

I also received the card today and after I read the paperwork I was sure that it is a scam and right away through it in the garbage (cutting the card off) And "not as dumb as the rest of you" (previous posting) is right, READ it before you sign up.

I understand that this is very compelling what they do, BUT this is exactly what they expect. If only one of ten apply for the card and pay the activation and annual fee, they got what they wanted, besides the crappy stuff people may buy from their catalog.

So people, READ the paperwork and then discard it if you think its a SCAM.

Jay

• 19
    1953meri Aug 22, 2009

Here another RED FLAG that tells you that it is a SCAM. You will probably never get someone on the phone!!

Address

Low Pay, Inc.
    P.O. Box 21804,
    Los Angeles, CA

If for any reason you would like to cancel your account please write to us at the address above or call the Low Pay Benefit Specialist department (the number was provided to you with your Web receipt or during your phone sign-up (the phone number is also on the back of your merchant credit card) between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PST. Please Note: For security purposes, CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS CAN NOT BE DONE THROUGH EMAIL OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. PLEASE CALL OUR BENEFITS SPECIALISTS AT THE PHONE NUMBER PROVIDED TO YOU DURING THE ACTIVATION PROCESS (OR AS IT APPEARS ON THE TRANSACTION SUMMARY EMAILED TO YOU AFTER YOUR WEB SIGN UP) FOR ALL CHANGES TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS. PLEASE NOTE THAT REFUNDS REQUIRE A REFUND AUTHORIZATION NUMBER PROVIDED BY A BENEFITS SPECIALIST REPRESENTATIVE.

### THIS ###.

Jay

• Me
    MELL BRYANT Jul 06, 2010

I'M WRITING THIS COMPLAINT BECAUSE OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER DOES NOT WORK, [protected] AND [protected] NO ANSWER, NO RING TONE AND THIS IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL WAY TOO DO BUSINESS. THE CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE NOTIFIED OF CHANGES. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS EMAIL FROM MELL BRYANT CARD # [protected] MEMPHIS, TN TO STOP DEBITING MY ACCOUNT OR FOR ME TOO DROP OUT OFF L P C. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU CAN EMAIL ME BACK.