www.indiapetstore.com (Nirav Shah) Aquarium Products - OzonizerCheat selling sub-standard aquarium products online

I would like to warn you about a cheat named Nirav Shah who owns the company indiapetstores.com

His modus operandi is as follows:
1. Round-the-clock lurk around pet and aquarium forums keeping a tab on postings keeping a watch on unsuspecting/new hobbyists
2. Respond to their query posted with his own self-claimed advices and experiences.
3. Upon reply, he will PM you and will strike a deal to sell his cheap and sub-standard products which is sourced from all third-rate vendors.
4. Vanish from scene after products fail to perform satisfactorily.
5. Moderate and Block all negative reviews about products that we may want to post on his website (indiapetstore.com)

To narrate my horrifying experience with this cheat called Nirav and his company indiapetstore.com:
I had purchased an Ozonizer and Jebo skimmer for my marine tank from Indiapetstore few months ago at Rs. 13000.
The product was found to be faulty just after a month of working. After many follow-ups, Nirav send me a replacement skimmer, which I found out from the original ozonizer manufacturer that the cost of the same was only Rs.3, 000 as against the 13, 000 he had charged originally.
I refused to accept this replacement and asked Nirav to replace one with the original value or repair the faulty product since it was under one year warranty.
I send the original Ozonizer to Nirav and after numerous follow-ups, he refused to replace the product by “damaging it himself “and saying the product was damaged on arrival and hence will not be covered under warranty. Clever cheat, damaged the product so that he can evade the warranty and the refund.
Further, this guy again had the audacity to ask for more money by telling me that since the Ozonizer was physically damaged, I would need to pay another additional 6, 450/- for repairs. No way!!

In the end, I requested Nirav to refund me the hard-earned money which I had spent on a non-working Ozonizer and skimmer, to which he clearly denied.

Friends, BEWARE. Nirav and his company are big frauds who will devour your hard-earned money after selling sub-standard products. Please don't deal with them for any pet or aquarium products. I have burnt my fingers dealing with Nirav and would like to ensure that other customers do not go through this harrowing experience.

Please spread this experience amongst your friends and let’s close down his fraud business.

Regards.

Please call me on +91-[protected] should you need more information on this cheat.

Nirav A Shah Indiapetstore Oct 06, 2009

To narrate my horrifying experience with this cheat called Nirav:
    I had purchased an Ozonizer and Jebo skimmer from Indiapetstore few months ago at Rs. 13000, based on his advice that the Ozonizer is the resolution to the diatoms issue and that the Jebo skimmer is ozone compatible. (Later on found that he had misguided me with his erroneous advice)

*** "The product was used by the buyer for over 5 months. You called me stating the ozonizer stopped working, post which we asked you to send the ozonizer back to us and you refused that you did not have the time to do so. You insisted that we first send a new one only then you will send the old one. Which was because you had broken it in the very first place and exactly knew about it. We still tried to work with you then sent you a TEMPORARY ozonizer and skimmer for FREE as a TEMPORARY Replacement. You claimed that one did not work too. The thing was the person read on the internet that he should have a ORP METER as well. So HE NOW WANTED us to send him an OZONIZER WITH AN ORP METER which today costed what he paid 5 months back."***

I send the original Ozonizer to Nirav and after numerous follow-ups, he refused to replace the product by “damaging it himself “and saying the product was damaged on arrival and hence will not be covered under warranty. Clever escape route!

***"We clearly sent pictures much in advance, indicating the damages, The product was run after being damage. The Screws are broken, internal parts dislodgged. We dont not manufactuer the products, so if the product is not damaged and is under warranty we do not pay anything for it. So why would we even bother to damage a product when all we have to do is give it to the manufacturer for repiars or replacement.
    We informed you about the same and the cost of replacement parts, WITH ZERO service CHARGES. WE ALSO OFFERED to PAY 50% of the repiar cost on SHARED BASIS FOR WHICH YOU HAD AGREED ! You then asked for MORE PRODUCTS LIKE THE RESUN WAVEMAKER, SALT ETC at that time. So if the product was bad in 1month and this was your experience, Howcome after 3 months we had more orders from you which included redoing your entire tank which includes the Live sand, salt, etc. and then after the ozonizer being sent to me and you being informed about the damages you requeted us to see what best we could do and that you wanted to buy more products from us. The answer is very simple cause you have done the same with many LFS in mumbai and no one is willing to supply material to you"***

Please spread this experience amongst your friends and lets drive out this guy from IAH and also close down his fraud business. (which I will definitely do!)

***"Nearly 4 Pet Store Suppliers in mumbai have stopped dealing with you for similar reasons, first you buy products then you use them for few months and then start threatning them for refunds on the same.

The same person sends threatning messages to you at 1.00am in the night, uses word that i cant even type here. Says refund or else i will close your business.

We dont PM any user for products unless the person specifically request for a product. Our prices and deals are transparent right on our website. Our customers are aware of the same and the kind of customer service provided by indiapetstore.com "****

Warm Regards
    Nirav Shah
    Indiapetstore.com

Nirav A Shah Indiapetstore Oct 07, 2009

Here is the picture of the damaged ozonizer received by us from Shiva Nair.

He is a director for pfizer and is know to cheat Dealers. pfizer also recent paid fines of 2.6million for cheating people and giving false claims. All Dealers proceed in extreme caution while dealing with this person.

Nirav A Shah Indiapetstore Oct 07, 2009

• He
    hemant desai1 Oct 08, 2009

I have bought a lot of products from indiapetstore, completely disagree with your comments.

Shiva Nair Oct 09, 2009

Hemant, You are lucky...Take care. Talk to you soon

Shiva Nair Oct 09, 2009

Analchick...I see you are from Singapore...I wonder why you need to buy products from India, especially when you get better world-class brands for aquarium products in Singapore and an import from neighboring countries will be more effective than buying cheap stuff from these folks in India. Let me know if you need any contacts in Singapore to help you out.

Nirav A Shah Indiapetstore Oct 10, 2009

Analchick, May i know which product you ever bought from indiapetstore.com,

Shiva well done on creating a fake profile only you can think of this name for yourself. I guess this is similar to the new one you created on ourweb site with the country as Gernada

Just for your knowlede we dont sell products anywhere but india. So shiva better luck on your lies the next time and dont misuse a third party site by creating fake profiles like you always do and keep your lies to yourslef.

Please look here

Shiva Nair Oct 12, 2009

Nirav, (Ref: Nirav/ TMKC TBKL TBKC)

Can't you read my comment above on questioning the person why from Singapore he/she has to order from India. I myself found this strange. So, mind you I am not the creator of this ID.

Do you think that I wont get on your site if you delete my original ID, because of my complaints about your faulty products and cheating.
    And how can you delete user ID's without notification. I think you also snoop on the users profiles and modify them on indiapetstores.com. Like you Moderate and Block all negative reviews about products that we may want to post on your website (indiapetstore.com)
    Unprofessional fraudster Nirav. Get well soon.
    (Ref: Nirav/ TMKC TBKL TBKC)

• this guy seems to be a pervert

• As
    ashok chopra Jan 20, 2011

no indiapetstore is the best had bought lot of things from them nirav is an very helpful person i love india pet store nirav u rock

JohnThomas Jan 21, 2011

Purchased a lot of stuffs in the past 6 months or so and got very good response. I prefer indiapetstore rather than any other online selling sites and Nirav Shah as a person is very polite and honest in his dealings. ***** stars from me.

• Re
    reckless44 Jan 03, 2012

Dealing with indiapetstore is a pain and nirav in person has never sounded genuine to me...always full of excuses in once in a blue moon whenever he picks up his phone which he hardly does. All the positive comments above come from nirav himself creating new id's to con any newbies. May i ask...WHY WOULD A SATISFIED CUSTOMER GOOGLE A COMPLAINT PAGE FOR A COMPANY TO WRITE DOWN SWEET COMMENTS OF THEIR WONDERFUL DEALERSHIP???? LOL.
    Use your brains guys and identify the cheat nirav who very smartly replies back to every complaint page here on the internet just as he wld to you on phone or in person. Never picks phone, never replies sms and is a piece of ### mr. nirav. Has a very puney shop with nothing but some cheap stock of common aquarium fish n some other rubble.
    As far as his shop staff is concerned...its just his funny dad and him and him alone...so just imagine how hard it is on the two of em to cater all the fake orders they take online and off if any. You can never imagine he has anything like his site boasts for. He is a good story teller as you will learn soon if you dont believe what i say and you still order with him...God bless you.
    I'm very sure he'll read this review and come up with another neat story and some more fake id's to support what he says or clean up his image here...but the bottom line remains the same...
    learn from other mistakes and experiences. :) God bless n Keep safe.

• Ba
    barani2011 Jun 07, 2012

In the past two and half years or so I have been dealing with Indiapetstore.com on a regular basis. I used to place orders and they used to deliver the goods albeit with a little time delay. And I was also aware of quite a good number of complaints that were floating On-line. Since I was getting the items I continued to shop with them.
    The only thing I noticed was that the product listing on their site had reduced over 60% over a period of time. I thought that they were cutting down non-moving stocks or may be they were going through a slump.
    But finally I too bore the brunt of Indiapetstore.com! Here is what happened….
    1. On 11 Mar 12, I placed the following order online:-
    1 ea. Cichlid Lake Salt™ 250 mL Rs.425.00
    Sub-Total: Rs.1, 375.00

Courier/ packing Rs.70.00

Total: Rs.1, 445.00

2. I paid Rs.1445/- vide ICICI bank online transaction number [protected] on the same date and confirmed to Indiapetstore. I had left an instruction that my mobile number needed to be printed on the “To” address so that the courier guys could contact me for early delivery.
    3. They acknowledged the payment on 13 Mar 12 on their site.
    4. They showed that the order had been shipped on 30 Mar 12. But they never intimated me the Name of the Courier Service or the AWB Number through which they sent the consignment.
    5. Till date I have sent a total of 07 emails to them at [email protected] and also registered my complaints 07 times in their Online site itself. That makes a total of 14 emails!! Till date I have receive no reply. In the last email, I had even urged them to refund the money, if they could not honour the order. But alas, I turns out that Mr. Nirav Shaw has no honour at all!

If a regular customer like me can get screwed… there is no reason why other won’t get cheated and screwed! So, fellow hobbyists, please transact with Indiapetstore.com at your own risk.

samirnare Nov 28, 2012

If you are a mumbai resident, you can get about any aquarium products in Kurla. Also for a variety of aquarium plants visit Nautilus opp Bandra talao, they will provide u a list of plant and u will be amazed