www.fit-fac.comUnauthorized Charges

L

Just got a charge on my card from a company that lists itself as www.fit-fac.com and has a phone number of [protected]. I never ordered anything other than a "free" sample of Acai supplement, but I did pay the 3.95 shipping charge - which is obviously how they got my card number. When I tried to contact them via the website - I couldn't - doesn't exist. When I tried to contact via the phone - got put on hold and then a voice came on the line saying "they couldn't hear me and to call back" When I tried the number again, it was busy. Called my bank and will be filing this as as fraudulent charge. NOT HAPPY.

• Ar
    arleen Nov 16, 2008

Jeanna Eisnaugle Nov 16, 2008

My account was also charged the $29.95 after ordering the free trial of Acai 500. I also NEVER visited the fit-fac.com website.
    I will be calling 1st thing Monday morning to talk to someone in customer service to have this charge REMOVED from my account. I too have learned my lesson. If I want something I will purchase it direct and not get sucked in by "FREE TRIAL OFFERS".

• Pe
    Pennie Nov 16, 2008

I too have not received my product of Acai 500, at the same time I ordered a FREE- TRIAL of Colon cleanser, I received that. I don't think it very business like to take some ones money and not produce the product. I work hard for my money. Either send the merchandice or give back the money.

• Tr
    Traci Fossen Nov 16, 2008

I also would like my money back and had the exact same experience i.e.

We are in hard times right now with the economy and these people are still taking advantage. If I could afford to buy a product for $29.95, I would not bother with trial offer for $1.00 Please give money back.

• Do
    Donna King Nov 17, 2008

I have also been duped by these people. My story is the same as all of the above. I WANT MY MONEY BACK TODAY!!!

• Av
    A.V. Rodriguez Nov 17, 2008

My Complaint is the same as Jeanna Eisnaugle's. My bank account shows a charge for @29.95 from a site called www.fit-fac.com based in Nevada and I have not ordered anything from that company. I ordered a free trial of Acai 500 ( the one that was talked about and shown in Oprah ) for $3.95 almost 2 weeks ago, but have not received it. But I also ordered a free trial for Acai Supreme from Supreme Brands for #4.95 and received it in 4 days, and was able to cancel within 15 days with no other charges. I have never visited www.fit-fac.com and I am very angry that this is happening. We are in hard times right now with the economy and these people are still taking advantage. If I could afford to buy a product for $29.95, I would not bother with trial offer for $3.95. Please give money back.

jana Nov 17, 2008

my accounts did the same. charged 29.95 from a company i have never heard of. (i'm assuming it's for the acai as well) and i have not received the product. i disputed the claim with the credit card company and have changed my account numbers. when i attempted to call the phone number my crediat card company gave me there is only a busy sound. no way to contact. very unethical.

• Be
    belle7181 Nov 17, 2008

I was just charged 29.95 for something at a website that I never visited and therefore never purchased anything from. I did, however, request a "free" sample of the Acai berry supplement that was advertised on Oprah and authorized the shipping charges of #3.95. No where in the disclaimer did it mention an additional charge of "$29.95 for this "free" offer. I would like this charge refunded immediate and plan to follow up with my bank and have this listed as a fraudulent charge.

Maina Torres Nov 17, 2008

I too have not received my product of Acai 500, at the same time I ordered a FREE- TRIAL of Colon cleanser, I received that. Either send the merchandise or give back the money. Not ethical

• Sh
    sheila root Nov 17, 2008

It has happen to me to. This is not right at all.

• Ab
    A B Coleman Nov 17, 2008

I too was charged $29.95 on my credit card when I ordered a free trail offer of the Acai berry diet supplement. How do I get my money refunded to me> oes any one have a contact number for the company?

• Co
    Connie Knippers Nov 17, 2008

I also had my credit card charged for something that was not ordered or authorized. I will be contacting my bank today to follow through with stopping this practice. I ordered the trial period of Acai 500 but have not received anything and will be canceling everything today.

• Da
    Dawne Nov 17, 2008

More of the same. Never visited the website and now the charge on my account. Did however request the free sample ($3.95 s&h). Only a busy signal when calling the toll free number. What a shame :(

Sareta McKinney Nov 17, 2008

Ditto for me. I have even found a charge from NETPURCHASE and have been on phone for 1/2 hour with them no contact. We have all be duped out of more money because we watch and believed and wanted to try the sample. I feel like a big SUCKER... I haven't received the Acai yet but you bet when I do I will return it with a strong cancellation letter. Like they care. Obviously I will have to dispute it with my bank I may even close the account to prevent any further suprise charges. Maybe we should all see if Oprah could get our money back.

• Ke
    Keshia Nov 17, 2008

I was charged for 29.95 for something I never ordered in the first place. I have no received anything in the mail and I was also charged 40.00 for something else that I have no clue what I was charged for . This whole thing with the diet pills is a big scam, and when a company scams people that means they are involved in a white collar crime. This whole thing is ridiculous !

mary lou rist Nov 17, 2008

All the same as above. Thank goodness for banking with a consumer friendly "Bank of America". They are ready to go to bat for me.

• Ri
    Rita Sorrells Nov 17, 2008

I too was charged $29.95 on my credit card when I ordered a
    free trail offer of the Acai berry diet supplement. How do I get
    my money refunded to me.

Carol Nov 17, 2008

Ya! What the! I have also been charged the same 29.95 which was NOT authorized.
    This is ridiculous!

• Jr
    J Roberts Nov 17, 2008

Please have the unauthorized charges made against my credit card asap. Apparently this is not an isolated case.

• Ka
    Katie Nov 18, 2008

I too was charged $29.95 on my credit card when I ordered a
    free trail offer of the Acai berry diet supplement. Then i was charged 89.95. I WANT MY GD MONEY BACK !!!How do I get
    my money refunded to me.

• De
    Delia Markham Nov 18, 2008

Never recieved the product - never thought to try and cancel until I saw the charge on my cc today. Phone number and website are bogus...I'm disputing through the cc company.

These folks are long gone I'm sure - but I've learned a valuable lesson.

• De
    Demetris Nov 18, 2008

It is misleading and I think it is a rip off but that's how the company makes their money. I contacted my bank and explained to them about what happen and they have started the dispute for the charge of 29.95 and I have been issued a new card and I will be more careful in the future. Also, remember nothing is exactly free it has a pricetag along with it. That is a sad unfortunate way to make money I think someone to need to contact the Oprah show about how people are getting ripped off.

Caroline Nov 18, 2008

I called the fit fac and had them cancel whatever I had signed up for and then I went on to tell them that there is a whole page that talks about how they are charging without authorization. I told her they are going to end up getting sued for stupid stuff like this. She said when you buy the trial supplemet that it is in the terms and condition about being apart of this fit fac .com place...I dont know she knew I was not happy. Im thinking about disputing the charges but i think that if it was in the terms and conditions then there is nothing any of us can do about it.

• Ol
    Oliver1539 Nov 18, 2008

2 CHARGES OF $29.95 SHOWED UP ON MY BANK STATEMENT TODAY...I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE COMPANY OR ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I CALLED THEM VERY ANGRY AND UPSET.. AFTER I TOLD THEM I KNEW NOTHING OF THE COMPANY OR WHAT THEY EVEN DO OR SELL OR WHATEVER, THE LADY ON THE PHONE ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO HEAR WHAT THEY HAVE TO OFFER AND LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE. I WAS SO MAD AT THAT POINT I COULD NOT SEE STRAIGHT... I TOLD HER NO!! I WANT THE CHARGES TAKEN OFF OF MY ACCOUNT. SHE INFORMED ME THAT THEY CAN NOT DO THAT BUT THEY CAN CANCEL MY "ACCOUNTS". SHE SAID I MUST HAVE HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON A COUPLE OF TIMES FOR IT TO CHARGE TWICE.. COME ON PEOPLE.. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT BUTTON SHE WAS REFERRING TO.. I ASKED HER IF THEY "FLAG" AN ACCOUNT AS A DUPLICATE. DUMB ME FOR THINKING THAT I GUESS, BUT NO THEY DON'T.. THEY JUST CHARGE YOU AND CHARGE YOU AND CHARGE YOU.. THIS IS A SCAM AND A RIP OFF! I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE IN CHARGE AND I AM STILL ON HOLD AND BEEN ON HOLD FOR A HALF HOUR NOW.. GOOD LUCK ON THIS I GUESS, RIGHT.. I HOPE THESE PEOPLE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT.. I HAVE A FAMILY TO SUPPORT AND I CAN'T AFFORD A BUNCH OF "UNKNOWN $29.95 CHARGES" ADDING UP ON ME FOR SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF MUCH LESS AGREED TO PURCHASE!!!

• Pa
    Paula jane Webster Nov 19, 2008

Having ordered products on the 29th October, still awaiting arrival and as yet nothing received and have been charged for my 2nd months supply, would love to receive my first !!
    Will be cancelling completly now and informing my bank to withhold any other payments

Catherine Nov 19, 2008

My bank account has also been charged $29.95 for

something I did not order or receive. I paid the

shipping charge for a free trial of Acal 500 and I

have not received it either. I have not visited this web

site and have no idea how they got my information. I

will never send for a free trial offer again.

• Me
    Melanie Nelson Nov 19, 2008

I ordered the free diet products couple of weeks ago and have not received it. My cc has been charged for 2 @ $29.95 . I did not authorize. I will be going to my credit union to get these charges taken off, I hope. This is very unethical and I will never order anything like this again. Phone rings busy. This is truly a rip off.

Ana Nov 19, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen! PLEASE FILE THIS AS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE WITH YOUR BANK. ALSO PLEASE CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD OR REPLACE YOUR BANK CARD ASAP!!! THEY WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY!

• Lu
    lucy Nov 19, 2008

ATTENTION I FOUND REFUND INFO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I read on internet you can get refund by calling [protected]. The same thing happened to me you need to write the ph#s when you place an order & cancel within 7 days to prevent anymore charges. Have credit card available because they may not find your info with just your name & ph# GOOD LUCK!!!

• Re
    Rena Levins Nov 19, 2008

I also have been charged with the 29.95, plus. the 89.95 plus two more charges. I used my moms account and i wanted just the free trial, this is the first and last time i will ever order anything like this online. i have tried to contact all the numbers i have but can not get thru to any of them. Me and my mom are going to her bank and they are going to help us but it may cost me my whole pay check to fix this one. Maybe we should all send a comment on Oprah and Dr. Oz and let Oprah pay us all back cause we know she has the F'ing money!1 We are all dealing with hard times right now and they just taking money for nothing.

• Ga
    Gail Nov 19, 2008

I just called the [protected] and they said they will cancel my account and refund the two $29.95 charges. Apparently, they are signing everyone up when they order the free (Ha) trial. While they are saying we are automatically enrolled when we order the free trial, it is clear by the number of complaints that NO ONE is aware of this. I talked to my bank and if they charge this to my account again, they recommend I have a new card issued.

• Ba
    Barbara Braun Nov 19, 2008

I just got off the phone I also used the [protected] number, got the matter taken care of, I will be getting a refund with in 3 to 5 days and if not I will be calling back again. Thanks for the information from others who also got took by this company

• Tr
    Tracey Nov 19, 2008

I had the same experience. The details on the charge my account was listed as www.fit-fac.com, with the same toll free number listed above.
    I couldn't get through on the toll free number (busy), and when I googled the website, I found this complain site.
    I have been on the phone with visa now for over an hour now, trying to get the charges reversed. They had to cancel my card and re-issue a new number. I suggest that everyone get their card cancelled and re-issued!!
    I am told by the fraud investigator at Visa, that there is likely something in the terms and conditions that allows a charge on your visa (who reads those?). You need to notify the company (acai berry slim or www.fit-fac.com) that you no longer authorize them to charge your account.
    Any charges after that, can be reversed. It sucks, but it's legal for them to tell you it's free, and then in the fine print of the terms and conditions, you actually authorize them to charge your account. Hope the Acai crap worked for you, because it did nothing for me.

jonny Nov 19, 2008

I also saw 2 charges on my account. I ordered Acai Berry online last month and paid $3.95 for shipping charges. Today I saw charges of $29.95 and $89.95 on my credit card account. I had to cancel my account and get another one so that they won't charge again. This is a total rip off.

• Da
    Dawn Nov 19, 2008

WOW - what a rip off company. Same thing happened to me as with everyone else. So much for "free". I called the [protected] number on 11/19 @ 2:45pm and simply advised customer service rep that I never authorized them signing me up for this and wanted an immediate refund. She tried to tell me when I ordered some stupid pills (which I never got) it automatically signed me up according to their guidelines and I just told them NO I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. She kept insisting but so did I so eventually she cancelled the "account" and will put through for a $29.95 refund. I am also reporting to my bank. This should be reported to the authorities - anyone know how to do that?

• Ge
    Genia Meadows Nov 19, 2008

I agreed to pay $3.95 for shipping for a free trial. Instead www.fit-fac.com charged me twice at 29.95 on the same day. Have yet to receive product.

Jenn Nov 19, 2008

I too just found a bad charge for $29.95 on my card. I ordered the acai berry on 10/30/08... When I hadn't receieved it by 11/08/08 I called and cancelled. I still haven't recieved the trial bottle, surprise there. I called the number on my statement, heard some music, then the line went dead. I called back and got a busy signal everytime. I checked this page and unfortunately others have had the same issue but fortunately they found a number to call, [protected]. I called that number and got a person on the phone immediately. He tried to tell me I signed up for it, which I didn't. I told him the website I orderd the trial bottle, which I never recieved, from never stated I would automatically be enrolled in fit-fac.com and charged $29.95 a month for some unknown service. He said he cancelled the subscription (ha) and would credit my account the $29.95. Total scam... I'm cancelling my card to ensure this doesn't continue!

Jenn Nov 19, 2008

Oh yeah... It is NOT, I repeat, NOT in the terms and conditions. I went to the page before calling the company and there is absolutely no mention of a fit-fac or a charge of $29.95 for it... Absolute BS!!!

joan Armstrong Nov 19, 2008

I think this is bull ### I called the company (wu-yi Pixie tea &Acaiaslim)and cancelled the orders I got scammed into, and then the next day I check my visa bill online I have 2 charges for 25.34 each for something I don't know what I was supposed to be charged for.

• Do
    Dollbaby Nov 19, 2008

I ordered a free trial of aci berry weight loss as seen on oprah show. I never received my product. But there was a charge of $29.95 which i did not authorize. I asked them to remove it from my credit card and I received a refund cancellation number, let's see if they remove it.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices