www.fedgrant.comunauthorised charge -credit card

Recieved an unauthorised charge on my credit card of $7.95US from www.fedgrants.com. Earlier recieved 2 emails from them, a day apart, saying I may be eligable for a Gov. Grant. As I am not an AMERICAN citizen [am Australian] I was, therefore not eligable . So replied stating this, using "contact us" information from the webpage link in one of the emails after receiving the first. A second arrived the next day - worded differently but with the same message. Have referred this matter to - bittenus.com - who look into likely scams and post other peoples, similar experiences. Have had no reply yet. If this is a scam [and I have a feeling it is] it has been very well set up. Don't know how they got my Email address or my credit card details as ALL the companies I have delt with on the net SWEAR my account details are secure - BIGFISH GAMES - EBAY - INCREDIMAIL- DNS TOOLS all are covered by login details and passwords for access. I am wondering if my computer was "scanned" when I opened the Emails . Is this possible???? Have an antivirus and security program that is supposed to prevent this...