Wowmall.Storeplaced an order for a breitling watch at an offer price of rm 299 and got a ncfd watch worth $17.10

Sep 14, 2018 Review updated:

I came across an advertisement which I had noticed for weeks whenever I opened my Yahoo mail (appearing right at the top)
Apparently Breitling was selling off some of its obsolete designs worth RM 499 for a flat RM 299.
Despite resisting the temptation, I succumbed to place an order for a Breitling watch via the website on 1.9.18 through [protected]@wowmall.store.
Between 1.9.18 and 12.9.18 I did not receive any email, phone call nor any sort of confirmation on my order placement.
Suddenly on the morning of 13.9.18 I received a call from a courier service delivery guy from the number +60122597422. He brought a package to my house, with a watch inside. He insisted that I paid RM 299 in cash before giving it to me. He was adamant and would not pass me the package until I paid him the cash.
I paid him after which I insisted for an official receipt. He went to his motorcycle with the false pretense of getting the receipt but instead got on his machine and just ran off. I suspected something amiss and on opening the package I found it was a totally different watch from what I ordered. I called the mobile number which he had called me from earlier but it went unanswered as to the courier service no. on the box-+[protected].
As of date, I am still unable to establish any contact with either of them I have emailed [protected]@wowmall.store umpteen times for a full refund and highlighted the issue but no avail.
For the benefit of the doubt, I also googled on the NCFD watch and found it to be a very much lower quality compared to the Breitling watch, that was advertised and which I ordered.
I lodged a Police Report immediately after realizing that I had been cheated but it is a known fact that the Malaysian Police takes nothing seriously unless it is highly beneficial to their self-interest.
The copy of the police report is attached for your perusal.

• Updated by Ashok Kumar J.S. · Sep 18, 2018

----- Forwarded message -----
    From: Ashok Kumar
    To: [email protected]

Sent: Thursday, 13 September 2018, 12:33:26 PM GMT+8
    Subject: Full Refund- Order No; 80224657

I ordered a breitling watch and got something else called NCFD
    I want a full refund and details on how to go about it
    I can be contacted at 018282585

Ashok Kumar

I ordered item 1 but received item 2-4 which I believe is a fake

• Updated by Ashok Kumar J.S. · Sep 18, 2018

The Modus Operandi is the same, the con men are still very much active on Yahoo and facebook. A lot of it in Singapore, now active in Malaysia

• Be
    BeaRuang Bear Sep 18, 2018

Wah...!! It happens to me to😠

• Ashok Kumar J.S. Sep 18, 2018

@BeaRuang Bear I see the same thing happened and also some comments which saved some of the guys from falling for the same CON.(thanks to the comments of we guys who were victims of the scam)
    In my case, the b****y police did nothing whilst one senior officer at the Commercial Crime Department-IPD Gombak made a joke of my plight.
    Bea Ruang Bear you can liaise with me at 01120060033, if you have any update or feedback on how to track those con artistes.The number of the delivery SOB and the Delivery Agent is not DHL as on the box.I have no leads at the moment
    -Ashok Kumar

• Li
    LipVF59 Oct 22, 2018

I was conned by the same scam also but can’t do much about it. I hope the authorities can come up with some sort of prevention policy or find a way to catch those scammers

• Al
    ali sukar Oct 24, 2018

i just received the watch that i had ordered last week and i found that the watch is not the original one.the name is NCFD.not the the BREITLING WATCH...THIS is really a cheating business.i was cheated by this bloody crook.

• Al
    ali sukar Oct 24, 2018

i just received the watch that i had ordered last week.it terribly shock me that ifound the watch is not the advertised one..it is NCFD and not BREITLING WATCH.It was by DHL.I mysely forgot to open the parcel and check in what type of brand etc.

• Ro
    Rocketman701 Nov 22, 2018

i've been con too. the same thing happened to me. ordered a Breitling watch but received a NCFD watch. Hopefully the Breitling Company will take this matters seriously as this will effect their name n business. WOW Mall should be investigated too coz of this scam.