worldwidetravelcenter.comSCAM and Lawsuit to be filed

On March 2rd, 2009 (my birthday!) my husband and I were leisurely walking on the Atlantic City boardwalk when we were approached by two men who claimed they were the "welcoming" committee for Atlantic City. They brought us into a small booth and told us we could get $75 in "chips" for one of the local casinos and a free 3-night stay at the Hilton if we agreed to take a tour at the Flagship resorts. (it's a timeshare).
We reluctantly agreed, and had to agree to spend two hours there. We did and met a very nice guy that talked to us for most of the time. We didn't tour as a result of the time he spent talking to us.. we did receive our "vouchers" for the chips and a flyer for worldwide travel center.
We called as it requested and that I provide my credit card number to them.. when I asked why- they could not state why they needed it.
I was then told I had to pick 3 destinations and then mail the form in with $50 and a letter stating "I authorize _______ to charge my card...etc". I was like yeah right.. and asked where was the Hilton hotel that I was told I could stay at. She went on to say it's not guaranteed on where we could stay.. I then asked her to kindly remove my information and I expected not to be charged for anything. She said she would ensure that my information was not given to anyone and the conversation is taped.
I am glad I read this site. As I have had my card that I gave out over the phone (my dumb mistake) canceled.
thank you to all that have posted. I have taken the time to do the same and reported the fraud and misleading info to the BBB and to my attorney.