Worldwide Travel Centerquestionable practices

We won a 3 day 2 night vacation voucher through a local car dealership promotion. I followed the instructions on the reservation form and called the 888 number prior to mailing in my request. They asked my age, husband's age, children's age, combined annual family income, and which major credit cards I have. I answered all the questions, then she wanted my credit card number. I asked why she needed my credit card number- this offer was for a free vacation and the reservation form indicated that I had to send in a refundable $50.00 deposit. She said she needed the credit card in her system before she could activate my reservation. She would not/could not answer why they needed that information in their system, and said if I wouldn't provide it, I'd have to call back later when I could. With so much fraudulent credit card activity and identity theft, I would expect an explanation from ANYONE who wanted my credit card number. I had no intention of paying anything on my card for a free vacation and did not want to freely provide my card number to them. She finally hung up on me!! I couldn't believe it! Today, I was going on line to their web-site to see if there was any information regarding this requirement and I saw the multitude of complaints against this company!!