Worldwide Travel CenterHow To Get Your Refund

For those of you who are having trouble getting your refund, I am providing the following to show what finally worked for me:

On June 5, 2009, I wrote Worldwide Travel Center to cancel my cruise request since they could not find any vacancy on the days that my wife and I wanted to go. I had sent them $100 initially and then $180, a total of $280. By the way, we were told that the cruise would be free. Since June 5th, I called them several times. It was difficult to get them by phone. When I finally got through, they would tell me each time that the "check is in the mail." On Sept. 15th, I was told to call 954.571.7990 x268 specifically for refunds. I left a message for a lady by the name of Helen. Essentially I told her that if I did not get a return call from a supervisor about my refund within 48 hours, I would file a complaint with the Attorney General Office of Florida, the BBB, the FBI, the Mayor's Office of Deerfield Beach and whoever else I could find to file a complaint. I also faxed them a letter, sending it to the IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: REFUND DEPARTMENT, basically stating the same thing (FAX 954.571.8197). That afternoon, I received a call from Worldwide, a lady whose name I could not remember. The lady told me that she had my check in her hand and she promised to send it out immediately. She told me to relax and be looking for the check in a couple of days. On Sept. 18, 2009, the check arrived in my mail box.
I believe Worldwide is a legitimate business. They sure make it very, very difficult for you to collect your gift and even more difficult to get your refund. My name is Jim and I live in Houston, TX. Good luck.

• Fr
    free sprit Feb 06, 2010

All victoms of these frauds must take their complain t0 government authorities who get paid by Us, tax payers money. Their job is to protect us from these such obvious scams, which I am sure they are all aware of it.
    Need to open a calss action against this company and to follow up on it, and any attorney will be welcomed to open this case in floridas' courts and get whatever percentage or even whole money collected through court procedure. Attorney can easily find all these complais or even a web site to collect every bodies signiture. I am prety sure that there is hand of a politicion protecting this agency for Money. Otherwise, why after few years of complains, nothing have been done to this company. We should not let these blood sucker abuse us.
    God Bless the protector

• Jy
    jyllier Feb 03, 2010

help! i got scammed too. i sent $500.00 to take a vacation in hawaii for December, which they promised they had available. From June to Dec, i called and called to get answers and find out status of my vacation when i came to find out their Hawaii division either went out of business or bankrupt. I sent a certified return letter asking for my refund which they required to get your money back, but i got it returned back to me without being accepted on their end. fraud fraud fraud j from montana

• Ar
    Arlene Thomas Jan 28, 2010

Sounds good. I've copied this info and will try it out asap. Hope I'm as fortunate. I'm going out for my $766.00 refund.