WorldRemittransfer of funds is a total fraud. avoid these people

I totally agree with the complaints listed above. World Remit received a perfectly clear picture of my passport (for "verification" purposes), removed $1500 from my account, and only then cancelled my account for unspecified "confidential" security reasons. They promised a refund of the money they took "within a few days." In other words they are taking my cash, holding it on the float for a week, and refunding it (hopefully). They do this enough times simultaneously and they've got a cash cow with zero risk. When I tried to access my account to question why my transaction was cancelled (and to find out when I could expect to receive my money back) I was told I was disabled. Fair warning to all, Do Not Go Near This Place.

• Updated by Charleymike, Apr 23, 2019

I am frustrated beyond belief. I had never used your service before. But my wife urgently requires some funds in Colombia, where she maintains a Bancolombia account. She is a Colombian citizen. I did everything exactly as you instructed. I opened an account, gave you valid information concerning my account and my wife's account, supplied you with my DEBIT! card number and set up the transfer. World Remit then received a perfectly clear picture of my passport (for "verification" purposes), removed the money from my account, and only after all of this YOU cancelled my account for unspecified "confidential" security reasons. Now I need the money that you've taken and all I've received is a promise of a refund of the money you have taken "within a few days." In other words you took my cash, are now holding it on the float for a while, and I get a vague promise that you will refund it (hopefully). When I tried to access my account to question why my transaction was cancelled (and to find out when I could expect to receive my money back) I was told the account was disabled. What the hell is going on?

Ch