WorldHotelsAwful experience

B

On 25th March I booked a the Carlton Hotel in Tel Aviv with Worldhotels. I queried the price of the booking because it was much cheaper than other websites and I was told that the price was as stated because it had to be paid in full and there was no cancellation policy. I therefore booked the hotel and gave them my credit card details and subsequently received confirmation by email from Worldhotels of the agreed booking at the price on the internet. At the same time I actually printed off a copy of the price quoted from the internet.

I have since received an email and a letter from the hotel advising that they cannot honour that rate because there was a mistake on their GDS system. No monies have been taken from my credit card.

Since that time the price has changed on Worldhotels website.

World hotels advised that our contract was with them and the confirmation was legal. Now they say that they cannot do anything as the hotel post the prices on their website and it was a mistake on the hotel's GDS system. I have had numerous emails from both Worldhotels and the hotel, but the hotel say they are not prepared to do anything. I have however sent three emails to Worldhotels overthe past 2 weeks and they are not now having the courtesy to even reply to us. There are six of us who booked through Worldhotels at these rates. Where do we stand on this.