World-WideSoft.comFake - Security Tool - Pop-Up

C

Watch out - FAKE - SECURITY TOOL - A very intelligent and dangerous rogue spyware and scareware . . . Extremely difficult to remove. It popped up while I was online and took over my computer.
SECURITY TOOL claims to be legitimate, when in fact it is actually the spyware itself - designed to overwhelm you with simulated scans and fake warnings that your computer is infected with various malware. The reason for this is to scare you into buying bogus software by making you believe that only the full version of Security Tool can remove these infections, when, in fact, Security Tool IS the infection.
While you are typing, SECURITY TOOL attempts to gain access to your sensitive information by logging keystrokes and internet activity. It then sends that information to a remote server
The FAKE SECURITY TOOL consistently pops up in front of anything you are working on so you cannot see what you are doing. It's FAKE SECURITY ALERT tells you that your computer is in danger, that others are trying to get your credit card and bank information, and that you need to upgrade your SECURITY TOOL . This bogus security software is sold through Worldwidesoft.com, (which you don't know at the time - you have to find that out through your bank or some diligent research on the net ). .
I tried to close it several times but it would not go away. I even re-booted my computer and it popped up again. I was surprised to find that it locked up my Avast Anti-virus program. I couldn't access many of my files and documents. It even locked me out of the control panel so I could not go to add & remove programs to delete it.
It just kept telling me I needed to upgrade my SECURITY TOOL which was an icon blinking in my taskbar. I purchased my computer about a year ago, so I assumed they may be right. So I chose their 2-year plan for $69.00 and submitted my credit-card info along with my email address. I expected them to send me some info and a reciept.
Once I did that, the screen showed them supposedly cleaning up the Adware, Trojans, spyware, Rogues, Worms, Backdoor, etc ... It did and I could go on with what I was doing. I checked my email for a message from them. Nothing ??? I had to leave so I just turned off my computer. When I switched it back on, I was blocked again. No email, no explanation. They just wanted more money. Then I realized I had been taken . . .
I unplugged my computer from the internet and proceeded to remove SECURITY TOOL. As before I couldn't open files, use my virus removal program or even go into my control panel. I found there was one thing I could do though. I could use search. That's what I did. I looked up anything to do with Security Tool, GameVance, and Adware and I deleted them. It was enough to let me use my virus removal program offline. I did and it removed the rest. I am now able to use my computer as normal again without Security Tool.
Problem is Worldwidesoft.com not only took $69.00 out of my account. They took $129.85 which was more than I had in that account causing me an overdraft of $34.00. The Bank says I have to contact them before they'll do anything. I have to cancel my debit card & be issued a new one. All accounts I use to pay bills with that card have to be updated or I'll have overcharges on them. I'm out $165.00 and alot of valuable time.
So be aware ... Take head ... Don't fall for this hoax ... But, If you do, it is extremely important that you remove SECURITY TOOL as soon as possible or you could become the victim of an even bigger crime like identity theft. Unfortunately, rogue spyware like Security Tool is capable of stealing sensitive personal information like credit card numbers, passwords, etc. and sending them to a remote host without you ever knowing. Don't be so hasty in popups soliceted to you over the net ... If you are locked out of your computer go to another one and do some research. I suggest a trusted friends or your local public library. Log-On and go to complaintsboard.com for starts. I will keep you posted as to my progress on getting my money returned. ... safe surfing by CHasty

More World-WideSoft.com Complaints & Reviews

• Ci
    citibanksuks Jul 20, 2010

This company scammed me out of $50.69 and citibank did not help me. I received no services, the only reason I knew the company was World-widesoft.com was from my credit card company dispute process. It is very sad that in this day and time Citi-bank does not provide assistance and protection to their card harders. The credit card company called within 10 minutes to tell me it was a scam, but still opts out to reimburse me my $50.69.

• Ke
    keeker Apr 26, 2010

got charge for service i dont have they charged my credit card $102.95 plus a foreign tran fee of $3.08 i call the phone number the credit card company gave me and rings bussy all the time

• Be
    bethan Apr 07, 2010

Like the others on internet on 5/3/2010 advert came up saying computer was at risk had to pay £41085 to get rid of ad. already had Mcafee protection. Any chance of getting money back?

• Mb
    MButcher Apr 07, 2010

I have experiencd the same problem with the above company.My c/c company have insisted I try to contact them to say that I
    do not want there product.Unable to get hold of them.Appeared on my computor out of no where, unable to function until payment had been taken.

• Rb
    Rbisys Apr 03, 2010

There is also another one like this, probably from the same Russian source, called antivirus soft.
    I used the free version of malwarebytes to clear my computer. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

• Ca
    cat803 Apr 03, 2010

Laptop froze until I bought software that was suppose to be 49.95, but this scam artist charged me 105.58. Has to be something done about this fraudlent activity. I had a test to do and had no alternative but buy software.

• Cy
    Cynthia Ruse Mar 31, 2010

I downloaded this security/ virus system and the software never worked. My computer is totally a miss now, programs do not open, run, and/or install.

• La
    laquita Mar 23, 2010

I did not authorize anything from this company and yet they have debit my acc't twice one for 102.95 and 1.95. The other one is for 61.78 and 1.95. Have never heard of this company before and I want all of my money back into my acc't asap.

• Di
    did not get one Mar 14, 2010

i had already purchased this product a week ago and could not use my computer unless i bought it again so ipurchased it

and they have taken my money again but i had to use another card but all my pesonel details are the same

i would have thought they would have a record of me bieng a member with them

i would be grateful if you could sort this out for me thankyou

steve

• St
    stella gambino Mar 10, 2010

world-widesoft.com took money out of my bank, I am an old lady on s.s. and they had no right to do that, now I have no money to live on this month. How can they just steel money

• Bo
    BOOMIOKERTLB Mar 10, 2010

i WAS TOLD THAT ALOT OF VIRUSES HAD ATTACKED MY COMPUTER. tOO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT WORLD-WIDESOFT.COM TOOK 50.95 OF MY CARD AND IS STILL CHARGING FEES TOO MY CARD. nO CONTACT INFOMATION IS PROVIED. iF ANYONE CONTACTS THEM CONTACT ME. i WANT MY MONEY NOW!!!

• Nj
    njwitte07 Mar 08, 2010

This pop up antivirus software came on my computer and would not let me get around the software without registering this product which involved $49.95. It insisted that I had trojan viruses on my computer and I had to remove them or files would be destroyed. I had no way to verify this company due to my computer being locked up with this insistance on the trojan virus.