World Class BulldogsScammed

F

My husband and I were searching for months for an English bulldog puppy to join our family. Many of the breeders in our area did not have any puppies and would not have any for a year or two so our search turned into an online venture. I was very reluctant to buy a puppy online, but figured I could find someone close enough where I could pick the puppy up in person. I searched on puppyfind.com which has some obvious scammers on it as well as legitimate breeders.

After about two months of searching we found a puppy we just felt we had to have...from Nicole Methvin from World Class bolldogs. Nicole told me there was nothing to worry about, that she would help me and make sure everything went smoothly. I read her reviews and many people raved about how great she was to deal with and not to worry about anything...only to find out all her reviews were posted by her! And when I wrote someone for a referral I was actually writing Nicole! Her website had pictures of the puppies' sires-all champions. The puppies all looked great and Nicole seemed helpful on the phone...until she got her money. After that...not!

She said it would take a few days for me to receive my puppy that was coming from Poland! I did not find this out until after I had paid for her. After several delays in the date with no real explanations I did receive my puppy. I took the puppy to the vet and found out she was infested with parasites, had coccidia, ear mites, a mouth infection, and urine burn on her belly. Nicole said that was common, she probably got it from pooping in her crate during the flight, which she did not do. My vet said it was NOT common and mostly comes from being kept in dirty, crampt quarters. I was dissappointed, but happy to have our baby. A few days later she developed a cherry eye...we had that fixed. A week later she had to be rushed to the emergency room with a terrible UTI.

A few weeks later she still had a bad case of coccidia. She was on medication for a month. I tried to discuss this with Nicole but she became short with me and said if I wasn't happy to send our baby back! I never received her health records. I asked for her vet's information after she asked if I wanted to speak to him and she refussed to give me his information. She then hung up on me! Since then my puppy has been to the vet and emergency room every other week and is now crippled! I have tried to get in touch with Nicole Methvin about this because my puppy is still under her warranty, but Nicole is nowhere to be found! Her website is no longer in service and her email and phone doesn't work!

I highly reccommend that you DO NOT buy a puppy from her! I found Nicole! She was operating under bulldogextremeforyou.com, but has since taken her website down. She is still posting bulldogs on puppyfind.com ...look under Mississippi and the white bulldogs are hers...I have posted a complaint there also. She did call me after I posted this complaint and said she would "work" with me if I took this listing off. Not a chance! Then she hung up an me! I have her contact information if you need it, please contact me.

• Bu
    bullylover Sep 29, 2009

Sadly this happens all the time.
    I urge people to NOT purchase dogs that need to be shipped. There is no reason to ship a dog from Europe- they are not "better" bred dogs and often are not actually from Europe- its a scam and papers are forged.
    You are supporting puppy mills by doing this and the conditions you received your puppy in are representative of the treatment they receive.
    Thankfully your puppy has a loving home now and you're caring for all those needs. Bulldogs have a lifetime of high needs, so its important to go to a reputable breeder, which there are many of in the midwest and all over the country.
    If you live in the area I suggest you join www.meetup.com/chicagobullies this is a great bulldog resource for all those issues that come up - both behavioral and health wise. There is also a list of well known, reputable breeders should you decide to ever purchase again. Of course- I say why not rescue one of the many bullies that are without homes- but understand how easy it is to fall in love with a bully puppy! Good luck and thanks for spreading the word.

• De
    devilsadvocate4education Oct 01, 2009

Please visit - http://www.thewrongpuppy.org/
    They are working hard to help people like you (and the pups). You can also begin your search for more information and complaint's by running searches for Ashley Anderson and Nightengale English Bulldog's and the search will continue on (and on). There are still other sites up and running. Good Luck to you.

/URL removed/