World Art Glass QuarterlyNo magazines - no promised refund

L

Ordered a three-year subscription 10/29/07, including 4 past issues. In April I was told I would receive them with the new issues in May. Never received anything, emails and phone messages unanswered. Finally on 7/14/08 I received word from Curt Walton that he couldn't understand why I didn't get the 4 issues, which he claimed were issues in November, but he would return my money within 30 days. No money - no responses to my inquiries about it - nada, zip, nihil.

• El
    Elaine Nov 27, 2008

It's nice to know that I was not the only one taken in by World Art Glass Quarterly. I also sent in my check for a three year subscription in October of 2007 which was promptly cashed. A year later and I am still waiting for my first magazine to arrive. I have tried on several occasions to contact World Art Glass Quarterly by phone and e-mail. No one ever made an effort to reply. I contacted the BBB and they tried 3 times and also didn't get a response. Hardly the way to do business.

• Ro
    robertson Jun 24, 2009

I've heard similar horror stories from other people. If you follow art made from glass, the magazine you want to subscribe to is the one that's been around for 30 years, not 3 minutes. Do you know about GLASS: The UrbanGlass Art Quarterly? It's published by a nonprofit in New York City, a wonderful magazine I've been subscribing to for years. It's a class act, good writing by real art critics, and they've got excellent customer service. I think you can subscribe online. Check their website at glassquarterly.com

• So
    Soliart Dec 29, 2010

Paid $ 39.00 on Dec-29-2009. It's now Dec 29-2010 . Have never received a single issue. Left several messages and emails no answer.
    Looked like a very nice magazine. Too bad it's run by thieves.
    Stay away!