Woolworths Australiaham from deli section

I wanted to buy some sliced ham from you Deli section at Woolworth's Busselton and noticed the sign which reads (something like) "we will be happy to slice meats fresh for you on request". I looked at the pre-sliced hams in the display and it was too thick for me so I asked the lady serving me if she would cut some fresh slices thinly for me. She referred me to what she called "shaved ham" in the cabinet, and said she could not slice it thinner as it would "fall to bits". As she refused my request I purchased the so called "shaved ham" - 6 slices of "premium Aust Ham Off Bone". Far from being "shaved" it was very thick, and 6 slices weighed 0.332kg, i.e. 55.33 grams per slice. The price was $22 per kg or $1.22 per slice. I often buy shaved or very thinly sliced ham from continental deli's for around the same price at get 20 slices for around $9, so it is not impossible to slice the ham thinner.
Date of incident: 9 Nov 17.
Client number (Rewards card ) [protected]
Desireable resolution: Do better in future - train staff better

ham from deli section

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 11, 2017

Is it possible that their deli meat slicer is not able to slice any thinner? Or that the brand of ham cannot be sliced any thinner?