Wish.com / limited quantity deals is a scam

Avoid Wish's "Limited Quantity Deals" it's a click bait scam. I shop from Wish a lot and always looking for cheap pricing and some 3rd party items. When this Limited quantity deal started popping up on my feed, I was blown away. My first couple orders were for 2 cargo pants (different colors), 2 Tablets, a 10pcs Rechargable Batteries set, a mini air conditioner and 2 leather jackets in different colors. I had told a family member about this promotion thinking it was a great deal, so he had asked if I could get him a set of drill bits, a security camera and 2 tablets. So I ordered them for him. Mind you, according to Wish, these are $1 each and $1 shipping.

So the following day, more stuff appeared and I ordered 2 camcorder, 2 Superman Statues and a few other things. Now, I know this is all expensive stuff, but Wish's sellers were offering it for $1. The following day, I noticed my orders started showing "Refunded" I figured...ok, I probably missed the deals on them and they didn't have the quantity. Then, all my orders got canceled and refunded as it states "Seller is unable to fulfill this order". Which was really weird considering all the orders got refunded. So I looked for more deals and the same items I ordered from the sellers, are back listed on Wish's site as limited quantity deals again. So I tried to replace my order keeping it at a minimum of 1 and when I ordered the security camera again it stated "Only 4 Left!". So I waited again and all my orders were getting canceled again.

I wanted to reach out to Wish to find out why (especially with the security camera) but had a hard time with their stupid automated chat system (that does nothing to help by the way). When I finally out smarted their chat system, I sent a message to a customer service agent. I got back a generic answer about how if the seller is unable to fulfill the order, they will refund it and it can take up to 14 days before you receive your refund. So I responded saying that I understand that but how can an item be unfulfilled but at the same time be listed back on the site as if the seller still has the item available? I got another generic message saying the same thing as last time. I wrote back again asking the same question, this time I hot a response saying they are sad to hear I'm having problems with Wish and appreciate the feedback. They will address my concern with the company to help them improve. I wrote back again saying I wanted something done and have yet to hear from them.

So if you see these deals, know that they will never ship (because the sellers think it will only cost $1 to ship but really find out that it's more than that and they just cancel the order). I would avoid this at all cost as it's a scam.

Le
Aug 06, 2019

Comments

• Ot
      Aug 06, 2019

I agree with you, I have made 3 orders with limited quantity items and first 2 orders all of the items were cancelled except one; They actually are sending me one of the limited quantity items. I have yet to receive it but I do have tracking for it. The 3rd order I placed has 4 limited quantity items and all got cancelled. This is a large scam but if my one item shows anything, they may occasionally send one out here and there just to say "see we do it." I may try a few more times since you get all your money back anyways. If I plan on ordering something, just throw $10 worth of $1 items on there and maybe get lucky! Lol.

Aug 22, 2019
    Best Best Advice

@Ottomatic Jo John Regan 0 mins ago
    You guys are ignorant. Only 1 item is available at the deal price. If you aren't the first person y don't get it. Read the details on things before you scream scam

Aug 22, 2019

• Ro
      Aug 24, 2019

Its a "Lottery" based system. I have had no trouble refunding as of 9/23. I did get : 1 spiderman full costume, 1 business suit, 1 saudering kit, 3 pairs of shoes, 1 leather jacket, 1 snow jacket and a 12 pack of multi color D and D dice, an MP3 player w bluetooth and a large duffel bag to haul it all in and 2 jogging sweat suits. Thats 14 items for 28 bucks. I think its pretty cool. You just have to get lucky.
    Hope this helps.

Aug 28, 2019

It clearly states "the first person to have their transaction fully processed will receive the item at that price and all others will be refunded within 24 hours". You might want to learn to READ the big paragraph above the order button that is HIGHLIGHTED to make it clear. I have received TWO pairs of shoes originally listed at more than $20 each for $2!! ($1 Purchase Price & $1 Shipping) as well as an originally $18 Dog Bed for $2! I can personally say this is not a scam, just luck!

• Pa
      Aug 28, 2019

The question now is, how many people order these "limited quantity" items? While only one item sells Wish has all the money from all the other hopefuls, right? That could add up to an awful lot of money. Do they earn interest from that? Smell what I'm stepping in?

Sep 14, 2019

@PaulBiloxi S#!÷ I assume, but all other "hopefuls" get a refund if they weren't first to order, so this isn't relevant. And you may want to order a new pair of shoes.