Winn-Dixie Storesmanager paul laferriere and male cashier

Ta Oct 02, 2019 Review updated:

I went into store surprised to find a 75percent off sticker had been placed underneath the fab love 2.6lb washing powder. I read the sticker carefully to be certain it pertains to that product. Word for word it described the boxes of washing powder. So I grabbed 10 boxes! I got home and went back over my receipt. I'd been charged as if it was buy one get one free. The only sticker underneath this profuct read 3.99 with 75 percent off, $1.00. Thats it!
I go back to the store to speak with the cashier which rudely said the deal wasn't 75 percent off and I disagreed and tried to expect to him what the sticker said. He had absolutely no reason to get rude. I shop wd atleast 3 times a week! I'm a regular customer. He got the manager, paul who was equally rude! I walked to the back where the washing powder had been and to my surprise the 75 percent off sticker had been removed and there was absolutely no sign there previously staying bogo and there still wasn't one there. They had taken the 75 percent off sticker down and when I asked to see it, paul claimed he couldn't find it! Well, where did it go? I feel deceived and robbed by this company! It's immoral to price things one price to get product off of shelves to build sales with in your store if you aren't planning to honor it. It's ridiculous and just down right shameful. He, paul, couldn't produce a bogo sticker either because he liked. Such sticker did not exist! He seems to have underhanded ways to be moving product from the shelves and it's called deceiving the public!

• Updated by Tanga Frazier, Oct 02, 2019

Winn Dixie on State Road 60 in Lake Wales is where this took place.

Comments

•   Oct 02, 2019

You bought ten at a dollar each. You paid twenty dollars. Did you not notice that the amount was wrong?

•   Oct 03, 2019

@SubSquirrel Where are you getting the 20 from?

Even so, with it ringing up as BOGO it would be barely enough.

Five pence back. She didn't question that???

•   Oct 03, 2019

You need to pay attention to what the register says.

Even so... BOGO is still a bargain.

However... 75% off does raise red flags. Why are they practically giving it away?

You get what you pay for.

•   Oct 03, 2019

@Um is not an answer! $3.99 times five.

•   Oct 03, 2019

@SubSquirrel I know but where does it say she paid with a twenty?

•   Oct 03, 2019

@Um is not an answer! It doesn’t. Neither did I say that.

@SubSquirrel SubSquirrel 23h ago

•   Oct 04, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Twenty dollars not with a twenty.

•   Oct 04, 2019

@SubSquirrel She probably bought more than just the detergent so a larger bill would go unnoticed.