Windy City MotorsportsBad service

Do not Buy Cars From Windy City Motorsports in Schaumburg, Illinois . I recently Purchased a 2001 Porsche 911 996 Carrera From them Online and what I received was a piece of junk that it wasnt worth nothing, BEWARE Of Gary, The guy seems to be a really nice guy on the Phone and will tell you plenty of lies about the conditions of the cars they will try to sell you, Not even half of the Information he described was accurate or True and once you receive the car, their phones go dead, No answer and no replys, Im located in Miami, After they told me that the car was like brand new and in Mint excellent condition when I received the Car the first thing I noticed was the Cheap Overspray paint over the Front Bumper and Hood, The Battery was dead on the car, Wouldnt even start, The Tires where super low on pressure and when I finally was able to start the car I heard a loud ticking Noise on the engine, after further inspection I had a Certified Porsche Tech look at the car and confirmed my worst fear, A BLOWN ENGINE, He told me that he was sure they knew the car had a blown engine as the noise in the engine was really loud and that they probably put a dead battery on the car on Purpose so I couldnt hear the engine before the Car delivery carrier was gone . After Numerous calls and attemp to resolve the problem, Gary was nowhere to be found and again phones went dead . BEWARE Of this SCAM ARTISTS, The sell Expensive Cars that are not in the Condition as advertised, Im now stuck with a 2001 Porsche that will cost me more than $4, 000.00 in repairs. BEWARE OF WINDY CITY MOTORSPORTS IN SCHAUMBURG IL, DO NOT BUY CARS FROM THEM ONLINE, GO AND CHECK THE CAR IN PERSON, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT THAT THE "CARS" THEY SELL ARE NOT CLOSE TO THE CONDITION THAT THEY ADVERTISE TO BE, ALSO CHECK CARFAX ON YOUR OWN AND NOT FROM WHAT THEY SAY . I HOPE THIS COMPLAINT HELP ANYONE THAT WANTS TO DEAL WITH THIS SCAMMERS !!!

More Windy City Motorsports Complaints & Reviews

• Na
    Navigators rock Nov 05, 2016

This is more of a review of my horrible experience that I'm still fixing!!
    I waited over 3 months to write this review. Hoping they were a better dealership and straighten out their titles faster! I was without a legal set of wheels for a over 45days because it took 2 and a half Months to get the title.
    Let me start by saying i had to drive over 400mi and needed a car asap as my other car blew up and i was using a rent a car. These peaple said this was a great shape car and only 81, 000mi on it.They priced it at $13, 999
    They said the car I wanted was in great shape, never wrecked, with a clean and ready title. He even said he looked the car over and nothing stuck out as scratched or any sort of that nature for I had to drive almost 500mi to go get the car
    Upon arrival the sun had already gone down but I could still see the flaws in the dark, it had obviously been wreaked on the front and the put screws though the bumper for the plastic air guide for the radiator and a little rear end damage to the bumper and I also noticed a spot were some1 tried to pop the hood open with a screw driver and broke part of the fiberglass fender and bent the hood, to the point you have to hit the hood and then try opening it because its in a bind. And rust underneath the paint in a few spots along with a loose head light and broken bumper brackets so its just the main bolts holding my front bumper on. I didn't even notice they had taken the rocker panels and electric running boards off until after I had already gone. They advertised it with them on the add.
    When he first started up the car, it seem to have a slow start, oh well I said as soon as I got in the cheak park asst light whent off, I shrugged that off to along with it pulling hard to the left. I ended up buying the car anyway because it was soppost to have a clean clear ready to go title and I NEEDED a car and preferred the Lincoln navigator.
    It was a BAD decision.As I was signing the papers for the title you could hear them move their cars and lets just say they probably Redline them every time they start them they don't even have to be moving them. They treat them like their race cars they do not have any respect for their cars and probably have been the cause to quite a few of the scuffs on the corners of their cars in there lot.
    As I was sighing papers all I could here was screaming engines and tires.
    On my long drive home the cheak tire pressure came on. The next day while driving to my doctor's appointment and back the check suspension light came on and the check engine light came on
    So I took it in and the Cadillac converters are plugged, three suspension arms were broke and needed replaced then and there for $200, a Knock sensor is out, and electric armature is out on the starter. So they guesstimated about $2, 500 to get it running right and everything and I had just spent $13, 500 for it!!
    A month later they had not got me the title I called them and then a week later they sent me a repossession title still in someone else's name I took it to my courthouse witch is were they should've sent it to. They sent it back and told them to put it into their name and then send it back and it took them over a month to do that, so I was without a car that I could legally drive for a month and a half because of their title situation.

All in all the worst car experience in my life.
    The lack of truth and professionalism is ridiculous. Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else, I sure wish I did!!

Mark Kring Jul 24, 2016

I recently purchased a 1986 Mustang GT from Windy City, dealt with a Mando. The pictures from their website showed a close to showroom car. Mando never mentioned any issues with the car and that it was serviced. The car took20 days to get here and was nothing like the pictures showed. The convertible top was ripped and hidden carefully with black tape. One of the fog lights was mashed out and Windy City made it a good point to avoid this light I all of their pictures. The paint job was redone and very poorly done, the headlights have a black surrounding that's all chipped up and in their pictures they look glossy black. All of the weatherstripping around the Windows is cracked and falling apart. The visor was missing all together. Various screws missing throughout the molding on the inside. Next the shop, mechanic found rotted out mufflers expelling fumes into the cabin, dirty oil, a leaking front strut, the heater core was bi passed so it has no heat or defrosters. The A/Cdoesnt work at all (R12). The thing drives rough, shifts rough and needs all new shocks and struts. Total paid was 7500 + 700 shipping and it's worth at the best [protected]. I've tried calling and leaving messages and no one will return my calls. I've left e-mail sand even sent pictures of everything I could showing all of their hidings. This is by far the worst car dealer experience I've ever had and buy a lot of vehicles. They need to lose their license to sell. If they were closer I would bring my veterans and teach them a valuable lesson.

• Ba
    bakerp44 Apr 06, 2016

I would like to thankyou all i was going to pay the price asking on the challenger srt8 but after seeing this i will go erlsewhere again thank you all . Pat baker

• Be
    belfastbill Oct 30, 2015

there is a lot of made up stories here folks! it's like reading penthouse forum back in the day! if you read them carefully some of these i would say are nothing more than made up stories . Please please folks keep in mind if u are buying a used car from anyone sight unseen use your COMMON SENSE!! order a private inspection from a third party company (ASE certified) preferably like LEMON SQUAD. for about $150 bucks they will go over the vehicle bumper to bumper and give you a honest assessment of what the car is lacking or needs repairs. from there you can take take that to the salesman and see what he/she is willing to do. but don't bash anyone who dosen't deserve to be bashed!!

Danny Mcclenon Jul 27, 2017

@belfastbill You have no idea wtf urf talking about. You must either work for; or know someone there

• • Approved Plan Commission recommendation to allow for a motor vehicle repair, service and sales for the property located at the north east corner of North Ave. and Grace St. Gary Grossman, President of Windy City Motorsports of Long Grove, said he plans to repair the current building and repave the parking lot as he expands his business to this location.

Danny Mcclenon Jul 27, 2017

@GaryGrossman moved from Schaumberg Great i hope u/he has deeeeep pockets...  I am filing a criminal fraud suit against windy city. Would you be willing to give a statement or testify in court? We have the financial means to bring this place some accountability. Call me [protected]. The details of my experience are on yelp under my name "Danny" we have 5 ppl on board already but numbers speak loudly

• St
    StayAwayFromWindyCity May 16, 2013

Gary . . . I mean "Angie", thou protest too much! You have ONLY one post which goes into great detail to support Windy City Motorsports. How does a buyer from Oklahoma who has purportedly only made a single purchase from Windy City know so much about their business practices. I purchased a vehicle from Windy City and would not refer my worst enemy or my ex to this scam operation. Many hidden defects, Gary was not honest, and there was absolutely NO service after the sale. STAY AWAY AND GO TO A REPUTABLE DEALER! BTW regarding "Beware of Them's" post, you accuse him of slander. Slander is an UNTRUE statement. I see no slander in his post.

• St
    StayAwayFromWindyCity Apr 28, 2013

STAY AWAY!! Lies and do not provide ANY service after the sale. Do not return phone calls, do not make good on promises, make half-assed repairs to hide vehicle's "issues" and do not disclose defects they were clearly aware of. Considering flying to Chicago to file a lawsuit . . . "as is" does not apply when there one is intentionally deceptive Gary . . .

marc michelena Mar 28, 2013

Just to make it short I agree with all of you! They are a scam artist and the new member is Maria Aguinaga. I am very happy I didnt loose anythingh with them b/c i felt strange from the very begining and when they didnt want me to close the deal through ebay I was completly unsure of doing anything with them until I found out this forum. thank you guys for helping me making a good decision.

• Angie Rae Feb 28, 2013

First of all, Gary is not a scammer! I just bought a 2004 Ford Mustang GT from him and he was completely honest with me. Your porche was used and had been sitting on the showroom floor or out in the lot for awhile, so the battery more than likely needed charged and the tires probably would need some air. You have to think of where they are located. You just can't go out and drive a sports car with rear wheel drive near Chicago, Illinois, especially during the winter months. As far as the car I bought from him, he pointed out every single thing that was wrong with it. I bought my car from him off of Ebay Motors, so was also a far distance away from Lombard, Illinois. I am sure if you knew more about cars and asked him about the important parts, like the engine performance and the condition of the transmission, he would've been totally honest with you. These guys don't go out and drive these cars every day, so they are not going to know every single thing wrong with the cars they are selling. Mechanics will rip you off, so why are you slandering Gary? You should have hired a mechanic to go out and take a look at the car before you bought it. You should take the blame yourself. Windy City Motors does give you the carfax, for free, on any car they sell. You cannot "make up" a carfax. There is no used car that is in perfect condition. You did not ask Gary to check on the engine or the transmission before buying the porche, so stop placing the blame on him and take some responsibility for being totally irresponsible. Gary was great and I will be referring him to my friends.

Danny Mcclenon Jul 27, 2017

@Angie Rae You either work for them, or know gary or higher employee. OR youh have NO clue what your talking about

• Do
    DonG in Chicago Jul 17, 2012

I had a very good experience there. Bought a 2000 Porsche Boxter. Car looked in person exactly like their web photos. Did a test drive, thought the front end felt loose. They put the car on the rack and checked it. They said the tires were cupped and that was what I felt. I bought he car and took it a local mechanic to have it serviced. He confirmed the suspension was fine and all the steering gear was good. Also said the tires were the problem. I replaced the tires and it drives like new. They were good to deal with and honest with me at all times. I would buy there again. Any time you look for a bargain, you take a chance.

• Ny
    nyc2001wtc Jul 07, 2012

Hello, I purchased a car from these guys over a year ago now; yes they DO use lights to hid interior flaws. My check engine light is not working and I have yet to see if it has been removed (im sure it has) however my car has always started and I have had NO major problems with it. I will need a new oil pan, some 02 sensors and pos. new radiator. All in all about 2k worth of repairs. But keep in mind, a used car is going to need some repairs. The only thing I was not happy about was when getting into the car for the first time I was disappointed with its inside conditions because the photos they used online made it look a lot nicer then it was in person. I did have some issues with paper work as well but Gary was a very big help and very nice and easy to get a hold of fore me. I would buy from these guys again, but would most certaintly ask more questions before committing to my next car purchase.

• Na
    Native1 Jan 27, 2012

Bought a car from these guys last summer. One of the owners treated me like garbage the entire time I was there (not Dan). Acted like he had somewhere more important to be. Brought up an issue with the car and he got pissed. Says the car is in great condition. Well, after I buy it and am on the interstate home the check engine light starts flashing and the car barely accelerates. The car had electrical issues, accident history, faulty waterpump and overall the car was misrepresented. Spoke with Dan and he covered the price of some spark plugs lol...thanks, I guess.
    It would be very difficult to ever buy a car from these guys again.

• Ju
    justanothergirl Oct 25, 2011

thanks for the warning! i actually was contemplating buying a car from them on ebay. after reading the complaints and the response from Gary, i have decided to go elsewhere. i agree with what several of you have said. implementing procedures to reach someone is not the answer for basically what is fraud and misrepresentation if the cars being sold are not as described. i would urge anyone here who has kept information on what they were told about the vehicle and what actually occurred to contact an attorney. despite contract clauses that might say you agree to bring any legal action where they are located, talk to an attorney. you CAN bring a lawsuit where you live and you CAN win and obtain attorney fees. and i hope you do. no one deserves to be screwed over.

Danny Mcclenon Jul 27, 2017

@justanothergirl Hello my name ius Danny, along w a financial suit, I am filing a criminal fraud suit against windy city. Would you be willing to give a statement or testify in court? We have the financial means and attorney power to bring this place some accountability. Call me at [protected]. The details of my experience are on yelp under my name "Danny" we have 8 verified ppl on board, thats jus 4 more just since i started posting thesed replies this evening! Numbers speak

• On
    ONTOLUCK Jul 09, 2011

I too have been scammed by these guys. I have had 78 cars. This is the first one I have bought on the web, and the last. These people use trick photography to hide flaws. They do not tell the truth about condition, and do no stand behind their vehicles. My car, a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo, came off the transporter and went into the shop a day later. I asked if the air blew cold and was told it did, but it did not, and still does not. They claimed to have replaced the timing belt, but if they did it was improperly installed and had to be done all over again. The car showed no dash warning lights lit, because the bulbs were out. I paid top dollar for this car, have spent half again as much on repairs, and the car still needs a clutch, a paint job and a compressor. These guys are the worst kind of fakes, and shame on EBAY Motors for giving them high marks. Mick

• Au
    Autocraft Jan 27, 2011

Not good

• Au
    Autocraft Jan 27, 2011

I was also a victim of these people..They claim the car was fine when they shipped it, but what I recieved was a basket case, and has cost me 6000.00 in two weeks and is still in the shop...They are not a dealer you want to do ANY business with.

• Do
    Don't Fool Me Jan 24, 2011

What everyone on here is saying is true! I walked into that scma artist showroom a few weeks ago. Go see the cars in their inventory in person, you will never step foot in that place again. It's more like a junkyard than a used car dealership. Outside, in the back of the showroom they had numerous cars with smashed bumpers, no air in tires, torn up seats that they will probably fix up and hide the nasty surprise waiting for the new buyers who will think its a good condition car. I counted 2 BMW Z3 Ms outside that were in horrible condition, Porsche 928 which doesn't even have a front hood and fender that alligns properly which for sure was in a front end collision, and a few other cars that had not been "repaired" yet. They were in the process of waiting to be fixed so that some fool buys them and finds out later they bought a piece of junk. Go spend a little extra somewhere and not have to worry about buying a pile of junk. Just walking into the place you can tell it's shady and these people are major scammers. Also it appears like they park some other cars across the street in another building, probably the one they use to fix up these junk cars and sell them to fools that don't know anything about cars. These people are a disgrace to the car community and have more junk in their showroom than the local junkyards have. Don't waste your time, take your business to a real car dealer and avoid getting screwed. I am glad I went in person to see their inventory and see the junk they try to sell, and luckily I didn't buy any car from them.

• Di
    Distraughty Apr 29, 2010

It's funny that this thread is here. Something looked fishy about a Porsche RS America on their site as of April 26th, 2010. They advertise the car as having 'all four factory options', yet the sticker in the owners manual (pic also on their site) has the factory codes, and it's missing the most valuable of the four options, 'limited slip differential'.
    It's not that it's the biggest issue in the world, but if you're going to go to the extreme to actually list in the ad that it has all four options, it would be wise to actually verify it.

• Tk
    TKO3 Oct 31, 2009

It is very easy to cover the truth by writing a bunch of crap about procedures you will implement to make a buyer experience better, what about the people that got screwed from you in the Past ? Have you compesate them for selling them a JUNK And make profit out of it ? where is the "HUMAN COMPASSION" Here ? There was no Compassion for me, I Bought a 2001 Porsche that cost me $25, 000.00 with a bad engine, I ended up paying $7, 000.00 at the end to fix the car and due to all the other "Hidden" Problems the car had I had to Let it go for less than $15, 000.00 . Basically I lost with Windy City Motorsports $17, 000.00 . I have all Receipts, Pictures and necessary documentation to prove what I am saying here .

I do not recommend Windy City Motorsports at all, If you will buy a High end car dont look here, you will get what you paid for, I got Screwed and you will probably get screwed too.

DavidB Oct 01, 2009

Gary is trying to cover his butt. This place is a scam. Just take my word for it. PLEASE. When I went there before, I was not even allowed to test drive a car! What a BS. First time I went to a used car dealer where you need to put down payment before test drive, I know what that means. Good Luck if something goes wrong on the test drive. BS again. The cars over there are junk, I'm a mechanic and I know when I see a bad example. This car has a bunch of them, and the deals always seem too good to be true. BUYERS BEWARE, USE COMMON SENSE.

• Ga
    Gary Grossman Sep 10, 2009

This complaint has been brought to our attention by prospective buyers over the past year. We had not felt it necessary to respond until now because most people told us that they felt that the accusations seemed a bit extraordinary. I am not going to start trying to defend our side in this matter, but I will say that we have changed some of our operations here to protect not only our customers but ourselves as well. Given that most of our customers buy our cars "sight unseen", we now offer independant local inspections which we encourage primarily on the cars with higher miles that are more than 5-7 years old. We also welcome outside inspection companies to come here and inspect as well. When a car is shipped from our showroom, we now have a sheet that the transport driver must fill out and sign before he can load the car. The sheet covers such items as: Did the car need a jump start to run, any smoke on startup, are all tires inflated properly...then we take a quick road test with one of our staff behind the wheel. On the road test, we have them answer the following questions: Exact miles, any warning lights on dash...if so, which ones, any noticeable mechanical issues or noises. This form is filled out and signed by the driver. We will either fax or email this to the new owner immmediately with the drivers name and cell number. In addition to this change, we have also added a total of three cell phone lines and a main office phone line and two email addresses as contact information so that there is NEVER an issue with getting a hold of someone. Any voice mails and emails will be returned within twenty four hours.

My partner and I are very proud of what we have built over the past 19 years. We were pioneers in this type of business model for used car sales. It has worked pretty well in that it saves buyers from high markups and allows us to sell more inventory at fair prices and although the market keeps changing and our competition has grown exponentially, our business is as strong as it has ever been and our relationships with customers both in th US and Overseas remains strong. Being that Dan and I are both fathers, myself having a child with special needs, we understand human compassion and have no desire to have an unhappy customer ever. That being said, I think it is importatnt to point out that used cars are man made machines that can and do break. Even if you have a car inspected, it can still have issues spring up soon after. We will ALWAYS give an honest opinion of what a car needs at the time of sale. We test drive each and every car to get a feel for what may be needed, and if anything is, we take care of it or disclose it in the ad. I can also say that with thousands of cars having been sold by us, I can count on one hand the customers that we have not been able to satisfy...I wish that there were none, however, some people have unrealistic expectations...we've all encountered people like this.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We will always be happy to supply references from current customers...especially the ones that were skeptical after having read this complaints board post and are now part of our extensive and growing customer base.

Thanks again,

Gary Grossman
    Windy City Motorsports

• Bm
    BMW Oct 20, 2008

i purchased a 2001 740 a year ago and spend about 3700.00 in a month in repairs. the day after i took it home the check engine light came up and when i took it to the mechanic there was a laundry list of error codes on the car totaling 3700 in repairs, Garys response to me was tough luck, he obviously took out the check engine light before i test drove it and when i picked it up. all oxygen sensors were bad, 2 coils were bad, the MAF was bad high pressure hose started to leak the list goes on. a huge headache for the next 3 months as new problems kept on comming up. i asked him if there were any problems he said no it was running perfect and that it was checked out by a machanic, which was a huge lie. They do seem like nice guys but double check the car before you buy it becuase they will take advantage of you if you dont.

David Sep 30, 2008

Yes they are jerks they buy cars online like on craigslist or even ebay and lowball people then they sell them as they are perfect cars. Don't be fooled by there pictures they don't show how crappy there cars look in person they use special lights to hide the flaws. I was in there shop its alittle warehouse not even a real dealer. They don't have a shop to work on cars if there is any problems that need to be fixed, And there prices are way to high. Buy from a real dealer with a service department not two wanna be car guys with a credit line and a garage.

• Es
    ESR Sep 24, 2008

WINDY CITY MOTORSPORTS are a Bunch of Scammers, they buy cars that are in Very Bad Condition and try to sell them as they are good, BEWARE, This people are not good, My friend bought a Ferrari from them with Major Engine Problems, They are SCAMMERS, BEWARE !!!

Joseph MacDonald Sep 24, 2008

Andrew I'm glad you posted this complaint because I have been worried that I've been the only one taken advantage by Windy City Motorsports. I bought a 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero from them a few months back with the EXACT same problems!!! Turns out the engine was blown and will be a $6000 dollar fix!!! I've tried everything to get in contact with them but like you said, the lines are dead and emailing Gary is like emailing a black hole! They blatantly lied to me and misled me on every front and unfortunately it looks like there's nothing I can do about it. If anyone is reading this and considering a purchase from Windy City Motorsports, BUYER BEWARE! I have no idea how they are rated so high on ebay because I have never been ripped off this bad before. By the time the car was shipped and the problem was diagnosed it was too late to leave negative feedback. I wouldn't trust a word they say. Just move on and buy somewhere else because these cars have SERIOUS ISSUES and major problems with them. I even did an independent CarFax but unfortunately they can't guarantee the state of the engine. I asked them over the phone and they told me the engine was in perfect condition, I then asked if an engine check had been done on the vehicle and they confirmed to me that it had. WARNING! I am out a lot of money here and I don't want anyone else to get ripped off as well. Honestly if anyone has any questions about what happened to me just email me because I'm quite upset and would gladly take the time to save someone else from another Windy City catastrophe.