Windstream Communications Logo

Windstream Communications

Having problems with Windstream Communications?

+1 800 347 1991 (Customer Service)
+1 800 481 5441 (Online Order Status)
+1 866 445 8084 (Order Support, Sales)
+1 800 537 7755 (Financial Services Department)
+1 855 439 2889 (Business Class Services)
+1 800 600 5050 (Enterprise Customer Support)
+1 866 375 6040 (Windstream Wholesale)
4001 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, Arkansas
United States - 72212-2442

Complaints & Reviews

dsl internet service

Service was very good for several years up until a few months ago. My IP address is dropped almost...

worst service of any company I have seen

Windstream has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I wanted to give them business at my home for phone, internet and TV and after 1.5 months I am still waiting for service. They hooked up my phone and left the line lying in my back yard for 4 weeks before finally coming to cover yesterday. After covering the phone no longer works and I have to wait another week to get someone to fix which I am sure I will have to pay for service during this time. Also nobody can tell me when they can hook up my internet, I have spoken to 8 different customer service associates and 1 manager and they all give me the same B.S. response. Don't waste your time ever calling their customer service and if possible use any other company besides them. I am in the process of hooking up with another local company and will never recommend using Windstream to anyone!!

• So
    Sourpuss Aug 02, 2008

Windstream should make no claims about good or even acceptable customer service. I have reached this opinion based on how Windstream has treated me over the past 8 days.

<b>Contact with Windstream on 7-25-08</b>
    I called my local Windstream office to see about telephone and internet service. I gave the lady my information (name, address, cell phone number, etc) She read back the information with the wrong street name. I corrected her saying it was South not West. She told me that someone would call me on 7-28-08 with my new phone number and scheduled installation date and time. As I work via the Internet, I will have to delay working for one week and take a loss of $1000 wages.

<b>7-28-08</b>
    I did not receive a phone call from Windstream.

<b>7-29-08</b>
    I went into the local Windstream office. The lady couldn't find my information in the computer. Finally she found the handwritten form in a cupboard. She wrote my phone number and installation date (8-1-08) on a blue post-a-note and gave it to me. I asked what time on the 1st would the technician be out. She said "Oh, they will call you before they come out". Then she verified my cell phone number.

<b>8-1-08</b>
    Ok I have planned my whole day to be home and available for the Windstream service technician. At 2pm, I call the office wondering if the tech is coming or not. The lady tells me that they work until 7pm and yes the tech will be out. She doesn't verify any information like name, address or contact number.

<b>8pm on 8-1-08</b>
    No technician, no phone call from the technician or the Windstream office. I contact the repair department as they are the only ones available. The lady there informs me that I am not in the system and would have to contact the business office on Saturday morning between 8 and 5 EST.

<b>8:15am EST 8-2-08</b>
    I call the phone number I was given by the repair representative and get a recording that tells me I need to call back during business hours. So I call repair again. The lady there tells me I have to wait until 8am my time (MT) to reach the business office. So I go to Windstream.com. There it says that the business office is open from 8:30 to 5 Eastern. By now it is 8:40 Eastern. So I call the business office number again. I still get the recording that I need to call back during business hours.

So I call repair again. I ask to speak with a supervisor. I explain to the supervisor that I am very upset and I really need to contact the business office. She places me on hold while she gets someone from the business office on the line. The person from business finally finds my installation information. He is upset with me because I don't have the work order number. I was never given a work order number.

Finally he finds my information and tells me that I gave them the wrong address so my installation was placed on hold until I contacted them. He informed me that it was my fault that the tech was sent to West instead of South and that I would just have to wait until the next available time for installed. I asked him why the technician had not called me when there was a problem; he said "We don't do that. We wait for the customer to call us when we don't show up."

I went to where I had Internet access to look up the corporate information for Windstream. I find 501-748-7000 is the main office number. I call it and as I expected, got a recording. The male voice said to leave a message and someone would return my call during the next business day. Then a female voice says "This number does not accept messages".

So the poor communication and customer service starts right at Windstream corp headquarters.

So here I sit waiting until 8-8-08 sometime between 8 am and noon to maybe, possibly, have a technician appear to install my phone/internet service. I wonder if Windstream will reimburse me for the second week of lost wages or even apologize to me for the physical and emotional stress their poor customer service has caused me.

incredible bad customer service!

Windstream bought our local phone company, Kerrville Telephone with the blessings of our city fathers who...

constant harrassing mrktg calls

Since signing up for a Windstream land phone in January 2008, I've rcvd non-stop harrassing mrktg calls 2-3 times daily. All come in identified as "Toll Free Service, " but when I call the number, a sales rep answers, "Windstream." I've exhausted almost all local options for stopping these calls, including cajoling, pleading etc with the local company here in Lincoln, NE, and begging the caller (an 18-yr-old college student named "Brad") to stop. Now I'm writing the state atty general. No my Do Not Call defense doesn't apply, since Windstream is my phone provider. If this is CEO Jeff Gardner and Exec VP and Mrktg Chief Ric Crane's idea of selling DSL to hapless customers, they need a refresher MBA course (did they really sleep thru their original classes?) Judging from the DSL service they provide, I can see why they're desperate for new customers, and why the company is repurchasing $400 million of its own shares (generally a poor use of company revenue, unless there is a highly unusual reason).

lousy service!

I am so upset with windstream right now. On my windstream home page for emails i had a folder called STUFF. Tonight around 7:24 pm i am typing a response to an email i had in my stuff folder. Well guess what, all at once mt email that i was working on disappears a message comes across about something not being right then zip it is gone also. So I'm thing that if it went to lala land it might turn up in my trash folder. Nope not there. So i look back in my STUFF folder yeppp you guessed it all my saved stuff is gone i look back to the trash folder nope not there. Called da tech rep what a clueless answer i get from them "its not suppose to happen we don't know where it went and we can not get it back." duhhh what happen to my stuff, all my info, pic's gone, - amm i hate windstream right now. Its stuff i can not get back.

• Iv
    ivco home Aug 07, 2008

IVCO Home Inspection

Thursday, August 7, 2008
    Windstream DSL

Has anyone had problems like I have? My DSL service was cut off even though my bill was current. When I called customer service I was told yes it was turned off but we don't know why. The girl at Windstream told me she could fix this but it would be about 7 hours before service would be restored. WHAT I need to access my email and I missed an online class this morning!
    OK sir we can try to get back on within the hour.
    I asked the girl from Windstream what happened she said she didn't know. I told her I was very upset that this happened, And she said "so what do you want me to do about it"
    So what if I missed a class, So what if I had to drive to the library to check my email.
    Windstream has us by the ba##'s and they know it.
    AH I feel better (NOT REALLY)
    I hope no one else has to loose a day of productivity because of Windstream DSL.

www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/windstream-dsl-internet-c5881.html - 65k -
    Posted by ivcohome at 7:27 AM 0 comments
    Labels: DSL, georgia, poor service, windstream

Anti-WindStream Apr 03, 2010

I had WindStream for a little over a year, and I am very dissatisfied with them. First of all, they do not tell you in the beginning that if you have your service turned off at the beginning of the month that you will still have to pay for the remainder of the month. I paid for half of a month that I did not even have service for.

Second (before I had my service disconnected), I had a problem with the phone calls being unclear and I asked them if they could fix it. They could not fix the problem remotely, so they told me someone would have to come out and look at it. They told me that if it turned out to be a problem on my end then I would be charged $75.00, and to avoid that fee I could get the protection plan for $20.00 initially and then $4.99 a month thereafter. They told me that I could cancel the protection plan at any time and that it would cover any repairs to my phone line. She made me think that I would only be charged for repairs on my end. However, they did not tell me that I would be enrolled in this plan for a year, and that if I canceled before the year was up then I would be charged a prorated charge. I have already paid $20.00 and now they say I owe them $60.00 for canceling before the year was up. I should have just paid the $75.00 in the first place. The sad thing is that the repairs ended up being a problem on their end and they just told me that they charge for repairs whether it is on their end or on mine.

So, I see that as WindStream cannot guarantee their service to work properly and in turn they make us pay for their faulty lines or service installations. I could understand paying for repairs that are on my end, but having to pay for problems on their end too is ridiculous. If they would have told me that beforehand then I would have went with another service. I have never had the problems with a phone service as I have had with WindStream. They are not completely honest since they leave these little, but very important, details out. If you do not know to ask these questions then you are left in the dark and charged hidden fees.

bad service!

Since Windstream has taken over CTC I have had nothing but problems. Today when I tried to connect to get my...

scam and cheating!

I recently called and asked for a quote for a highly advertised Windstream Communications Bundle Package. We could not believe the price and my husband and I jumped thinking we have just made a steal of a deal. Once installation began though, things didn't look so rosy. We didn't have the channels in the dish network part of the package that we were promised. When I called to bring this to their attention I was shocked that they then told me these agreed upon channels would now be more. I also was told that most everything promised to me had been misquoted. If you are thinking of getting a bundle package please take the time to read my article.

Windstream Bundle Packages: Buyer Beware About the Quote You Receive and Hidden Fees : Written by Layla Lair

• La
    Layla Lair Feb 01, 2008

www.associatedcontent.com/article/559809/windstream_bundle_packages_buyer_beware.html

The link was not clickable so I thought to add it here hoping that one would be. I recommend anyone considering s bundle package to take a look and weigh my experience before doing so.

James Donald Mar 28, 2008

Windstream a BAD company! e-mail web based very outdated, obsolete and buggy.

NO SPAM filter so you'll get tons of spam e-mails a day, they tell you to send the spam e-mails ONE BY ONE back to them (ha ha like I have all day to copy paste and e-mail 65 spam e-mails a day!)
    The e-mail storage box is very small and its gets fill up quick with Spam.

Terrible customer service from India.
    Nothing good to say about Windstream, if you want stop service they will try to charge you $200.00 for cancelation.

• Wi
    william green Dec 14, 2008

When I placed my oreder for service I was told my phone bill would be 50 a month.
    Enternet 34 and a 50 rebate for the bos. My first bill is 204 dollors. i was floored. then i read the bill completely. Quess what..instillation chare 34 dollors. Excuse me no came to my house. Oh that was for turning on a switch somewher. I need that job. The represenative told me oh thats without the tax.
    then i see 34 dolors for other charges and services. What the heck is going on. I'm afraid to see my next months bill...I'm sure it will be about 100 dollors...so much for saving money but because they are the only tele. company here, I'm stuck...wasn't there a law againsr monopolies...like the cable company...

• As
    Astar Feb 16, 2010

I am unfortunately stuck with the nightmare of having Windstream as my phone/internet provider. After all the fast talking about bundles and 2nd access lines, I have come to realize how much they rip us off! First off, Windstream states that in order to get a discount, you must accept this 2nd access value line...know why? Yeap, they get like $30 bucks from a government program everytime you sign up for it. So if you don't, guess what? That's right! They raise your bill $20!!! Sneaky ### aren't they!?! Not to mention that they offer a bundle package to save you loads of money right? But did they ever mention...let me make sure I have this straight...there will be a charge for
    interstate access,
    emergency service charge,
    zone mileage charge,
    carrier cost recovery,
    state universal service fund for phone,
    state universal service fund for internet,
    fed universal service fund for phone,
    fed universal service fund for internet,
    municipal franchise fee,
    toll services,
    and the basic montly service charge.
    Let's not forget that there will also be taxes on
    basic service for phone,
    taxes for basic service on internet,
    taxes on optional service,
    federal excise tax,
    state tax for phone,
    state tax for internet,
    county tax,
    Have you ever added all this up? Well let me save you some time...it comes to around $20.00-30.00 a month!
    Isn't there a taxation law that keeps this from occuring? That bundled package isn't such a deal now huh?
    This is the worst company I have ever had the experience of working with. Not only does the internet fail constantly, but you are never able to get someone to fix the problem...although they will tell you "everything is running fine." I pay for a service that leaves me frustrated and angry most of the time. Not only does it not compare to the offers from other providers, but the service is worthless. I have argued with this company for three years now, and have yet been satisfied with any service or price they offer. Beware, what they promise is not what they deliver!

• Br
    BradP Apr 11, 2010

I try and tell EVERYONE, that these Bundled packages are not the way to go! Would you go to home depot to get car parts? No, you go the the individual companies that are experts in that field... Like me... I have DIRECTV, At&t for the net and (they were cheap but they are good) Vontage for my phone... And I pay less than I would have if I went with our local package deal from COMCAST! <--- BIG SCAM!!!

horrible customer service!

Windstream has dominated the area so that they are the only service provider other they Time Warner Cable to provide phone and internet service. Competition is also good. The consumer needs to be able to choose the best service provider and not be stuck! First Jannell Jackson is the absolute worst sells person I have ever met. She has no clue to what she is selling nor has an idea why to meet the needs of the customer. She continues to receive huge bonuses, trips and sales person of the year only because she is the ONLY person who sells equipment for the commercial division for Windstream. She sucks!!! The fact that the people above her are clueless to the fact she has no idea as to what she is doing makes a statement by its self.

Second, customer service and accounts payable department are horrible. Over the last several months we have been over charged for our service by about $1,500.00 and even though we have tried numerous times to resolve the issue, we continue to receive bills with the same fees and no resolution. To top that, Windstream has now cut off service for our business fax line. Nice!!!

I though Windstream was governed by the utilities commission. That is my next step to take action against this company. Someone needs to step in a shut this company down.

• So
    Sourpuss Aug 02, 2008

<b>Contact with Windstream on 7-25-08</b>

<b>7-28-08</b>
    I did not receive a phone call from Windstream.

<b>7-29-08</b>

<b>8-1-08</b>

<b>8pm on 8-1-08</b>

<b>8:15am EST 8-2-08</b>

• Da
    david cole Aug 19, 2008

you are so right and they should not be able to even operate a business in this country. i have had windstream service and dish for a week and it is the worst ever. i have spent two hours at a time on the phone trying to correct their incompetence.

charges for no service

My telephone service was disconnected May 16 2007, and my internet disconnected June 19. I was billed for telephone service for 2 months after my service was disconnected and internet for a month after it was disconnected.

I called their customer service and they insisted I give them a debit card number to "make it right" or they would turn me over to collections.

When I pointed out, that according to the customer service reps OWN records that he pulled up, I got no service and was over charged by almost 200 dollars, he argued with me and said I OWED them and would pay, or be turned over to collections.

I kept my bills that show I was charged after disconnect. And then, after they charged me that extra month internet, they also charged me a 100 dollar modem fee because I didn't keep internet for a year. Well, they charged me for a year of internet service, so why the fee for not having it a year?...why do they get to have it both ways?

Consumers have NO rights with companies like this and it is not fair.

• Mi
    Mia Nov 20, 2008

Windstream has the absolute WORSE customer service EVER! I dont even know where to start! Everything is automated...you cant even get a real person on the line to make a payment without being charged $5.00! I walked into my local office that used to be full of Reps to help you, only to see it replaced with a bunch of green telephones! What the...??

"thank you for choosing Windstream" NO, I didnt choose Windstream, it chose me! Now, Im looking into Time Warner Cable for a package deal.

• Ry
    Ryan1991 Oct 07, 2015

This exact same thing happened to me i called in to disconnect my service and they did disconnect my services but they continued to charge me even after calling several times a month and leaving messages for the supervisor to return my calls.. I never received a call and my bill continues to rise...I will be looking into this with my lawyer ASAP

super slow dsl

Windstream continues to service me with very slow dsl. Sure, I have inquired about this problem. You get a "cookie-cutter" response from some so called "technical support". My neighbor suffering from the same problem, has not only repeatedly contacted Windstream but has sent a letter to executives. Windstream response to the problem is that "we are working on it". Of course, there is still no results. It is amazing that my dsl is actually slower that the dial-up that had before.

• Fl
    Fluffy Nov 16, 2007

Windstream I believe is a fraudulent and deceiving company by all standards. For example my DSl service is not stable by any means. I signed up for 1.5mbps service and for almost 10 days I been getting dial up speeds 40kbps. I call wind stream I get connected to a tech from a far away country INDIA! And on top of all that you can't understand a word they are saying camel the camel. Each time you call a tech you get a different story. "Look outside to see if branch or tree down on line" or some other certain ethnic strategy. Im sorry I want to talk to someone from the States please. Guess what I never been connected to one yet but thats ok I am going to cancel my service. Sorry wind stream your excuses for server problems or prising problems or even fallen tree problems are just excuses. Your company can't deliver what you promise. Nada.

• Nm
    nmchick52 Sep 02, 2010

I just tested my connection with speedtest.net. I wa 1.31 GB download and .38 upload! This is costing me time and money as I am paying someone to upload info to my online shopping cart. Windstream never has credited my account anything and always says 'they are aware they have a problem with one of their servers and are working on it'. What [censor]. I am so sick of corporate greed and bad products and bad service. The other one on the top of my s--t list is HP.

• Do
    donnie d fritchey Apr 25, 2011

LYING THIEVES
    paying for 3.0 mb i very seldom have a 1mb and yea the rest of the time it wont work at all!
    i called them and told some idiot that i would like to get what i pay for or pay for what i get.
    well i get this spill about everyone in my town is having trouble (well da) i told the idiot i didnt figure that was my fault and seems to me that would be all the more reason to fix it, then he tells me oh yea were going to fix it the 29th of may yea right i havve come to the conclusion there is no one that works there is capable of fixing it.

e-mail rejections which are invalid

Since windstream bought valor (our previous provider), e-mail service has been on a steady decline. Beginning in Sept. 06, my messages to one recipient started to be blocked every so often. Beginning in February, all messages were blocked. After many calls to windstream techs, all I got was that some spammer was using their ISP, that it had to go to Australia (?!) to be fixed, blah, blah, blah. I was persistent, and earlier this month, March, a tech actually suggested that I open a g-mail account. Why should I have to change my e-mail address, inform my recipients, change all my e-bay, business passwords because THEY cannot provide a service? I have contacted the Consumer Protection Agency and have filled out a complaint. If this doesn't do it, I'm not stopping there.

I AM creative, and I WILL receive the service I pay for.

• Sc
    Scott Tuck Mar 26, 2007

I have had their email service for three years and have never had any problems out of their email... Actually, i think it is one of the best ones around.

Norma Childs Apr 06, 2007

I am not sure the first complaint I filled out was sent. In case it was not, I am amazed at the $170 amount I had to pay this month. As everyone else, I am tired of the many, many taxes that are tacked on to the bill. I can't support the country. If the next bill resembles this initial bill, I will no longer be a Windstream customer.

• Si
    Sick of Windstream Thieves Mar 02, 2008

Windstream service is poor at best. Multiple dissconections daily from the DSL, dial tone actually dissapearing off and on, constant slow downs, latency, extremely slow pings, this is corporate greed at it's best, Ripping off people, charging top dollar for lousy servcie, pocketing the cash with no upgrades or equipment maintenance whatsoever, charging fees that I have never heard of, their billing service is unable to explain them to me, I wait on hold for 32 minutes trying to get to billing...

When calling Windstream you are asked if your are an existing customer or a NEW customer, if you choose NEW customer, the call is answered in record time, if you are an existing customer, you wait on hold for ever.

So always choose NEW customer, THEN tell the person to get you to the place you need. It is the most horrible customer support I have ever seen, even worse than "Century Tel" if that is even possible.

COX - PLEASE , you have cable service 1/2 mile from my house, PLEASE bring your service to my road and I can guarantee you will automatically aquire every house on this road. Windstream SUCKS!

• Pd
    pdpo222 Dec 02, 2011

I don't understand when I tried to add contacts windstream tells me the email is invalid, when I have been using them for months. It is so maddening. I guess I go back to live.com

[Resolved] poor service provided!

This letter is in regard to the subpar service that we are receiving from Windstream for internet service. I...

phone company charges fee for no service!

If there's one area where telecom companies are far more innovative than any other industry, it'...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices