Windstream Communications Logo

Windstream Communications

Having problems with Windstream Communications?

+1 800 347 1991 (Customer Service)
+1 800 481 5441 (Online Order Status)
+1 866 445 8084 (Order Support, Sales)
+1 800 537 7755 (Financial Services Department)
+1 855 439 2889 (Business Class Services)
+1 800 600 5050 (Enterprise Customer Support)
+1 866 375 6040 (Windstream Wholesale)
4001 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, Arkansas
United States - 72212-2442

Complaints & Reviews

Windstreambilling for no service

We changed services from Insight to Windstream BIG mistake. We have had nothing but problems since we switched.. First with out computer hookup, it constantly kept going out. Then the phone service, Static so bad you couldn't use the phone let alone hear anything.. They sent out a repair man, who was more worried about selling the service plan, than fixing the phone.. He stopped the static, along with us being able to get calls into our house. He came back to fix that problem again hard sell on the service plan. While he was at our house he disconnected the wiring in our kitchen to cause a problem inside our house. The third repairman they sent out because when the other guy disconnected the wiring in my kitchen he also disconnected the wires that makes the one in my bedroom which satellite box has to use to call out. Needless to say, we were charged for the charges of the box not being able to update . The third repairman left without touching anything. The static returns so bad that when you answer the phone it still rings and again the satellite boxes couldn't update. Had to use our cell phones for everything raising that bill and they still charged us for the phone service we didn't have for months and the update charges for the satellite boxes not being able to update.
I just found it really funny that we had insight for over 9 years and not one problem with anything. All of the sudden when we switch services to this company all the problems are inside our house.. I honestly believe this company does nothing but cause problems in peoples homes in order to sell them service plans they do not need. I have fought with their customer service for weeks trying to get them to understand they can not charge me for a service I didn't have or couldn't use. Their resolution is a $20 out of service charge meanwhile I have to pay $40 a month for the service I didn't have for months.

FRAUD!!!

• Dj
      djray92 Sep 17, 2008

I just filed a complaint with the FCC . Here is the address go here and file yours..

Windstreamterrible service

This ones hard to believe, I came home from work to find a large box left OUTSIDE my Condominium.
    It has my name on it and no other label than a UPS sticker.
    I open it to find a HP Computer and Monitor.
    I right away call my credit card companies to find out if anyone charged a computer to my accounts and noone had.
    I call UPS and they tell me WINDSTREAM sent it to me.
    I contact Windstream who show NO computer charged to my account so i tell them I have a computer and they need to please come and get it it was obviously a mistake.
    AFTER 1 1/2 WEEKS I recieve UPS return labels with this big box sitting in my living room while i am trying to prepair to move to a new home.
    UPS informs me I HAVE TO PAY to have it picked up wich i deny and will not do.
    I contact Windstream again and spend the morning on hold at variouse departments to finally get a Customer service SUPERVISOR who informs me If i do not pay for pick up or deliver it to a UPS center i will be charged for it and then hangs up on me.
    Now mind you I am trying to return a computer i could have kept that they had no record with them having sent me.
    I cannot believe the level of confusion and the terrible service i recieved trying to do the right thing, If i had this much trouble
    trying to help them correct thier own mistake you can bet I would never use thier services again.

• Ke
        kenya2009 May 18, 2009

I have had Windstream as an local and long distance carrier for over 3 years. I got rid of our long distance service about a year ago. I was told that basic service would be no more that 20$ per month...but that was not true. Each month I get my bill it would have a different amount due to fees that I was not aware of prior to changing my service. In Feb 2009 we were getting our home ready to sell and I called to see if I could schedule a shut-off. I was told that I could and they took down the date and I was good.

Unfortunately, in May 2009 I received a bill stating that they had continued my service through the end of April. So basically they charged my all of March and April. I called to get this taken care of and spoke to the rudest representatives who stated that I did not call to cut my service off. Is that good customer service to right off the back tell someone what they did not do? I got upset with that and asked for a supervisor...they could not connect me with one.

I spoke with another rep and he said any time Windstream makes a change to your account they are to provide you with a confirmation number. I have never been provided with a confirmation number over the years I had my service. Not one time has one been given to me for whatever reason. So since I was stupid not to just know I needed one before the rep hung up I have to pay for almost 2 months of phone service that I was not even there to use...all because the rep helping me did not make note of my request or give me confirmation of it.

• Re
        Reviewer12797 Aug 17, 2015

First off their automated system stinks. Everytime I have a problem with my business bundle I have to go through their automated system which NEVER recognizes my phone number EVER! So it tries to put me into a loop of entering my phone number which it can't associate with my account.

Second you would think with a business you could get work requested or done on a weekend which happens to be my busiest time frame. Nope no help, nothing except and automated ticket which ALWAYS is going to take a minimum of two days. Totally unacceptable for a business.

Third once service is supposedly completed you may not be and the ticket will get closed out and the problem will still exsist.

For a tech company very poorly managed. This is my seventh issue with this company or their service in four years. Stay away if you have any other options.

By the way I have been on hold for 18+ minutes at this time and have written this complaint during the time I have been on hold. So so typical!!

Windstream DSLvery poor dsl

I began dsl with windstream in may of 2007 with what I thought to be 1.5 meg. Not so. From may to december I was only receiving less than 500k... Sometimes less than a dial up connection. Horrible disgusting and uneducated customer service offered me 15 days credit! What??? Come january I called again and spoke with someone in the 'corporate office' and she, to her credit, was very understanding and promised to have the problem corrected and that in the meantime she would reduce my plan to the 'lite' plan of 512k. It was working fine for about 30 days and then again my speed was back to a snails pace and once again I had to make the dreaded phone call to report the problem and once again was told it was a problem within their system. After working fine again for about 3 weeks, I called about another issue - not dsl related - but was persuaded to increase my speed to 1.5meg again. Like a fool, I listened and did request the change. Since then I have not gotten a speed above 500k. They don't credit my account, and this evening after waiting on the phone for 78 minutes to report the same problem, their csr could not understand english. What??? I'm sickened! I have been dealing with the same issue with windstream now for 16 months. I will make a final call tomorrow during business hours and hopefully will be able to speak to a representative in the u. S. And that can understand english.in my opinion, windstream is stealing my money.

• Tb
          tbird Feb 09, 2009

Other's agree with you ...

• Du
          dude32092 Dec 24, 2010

windstream customer NO service

Windstreampoor customer service, loss wages

Windstream should make no claims about good or even acceptable customer service. I have reached this opinion based on how Windstream has treated me over the past 8 days.

Contact with Windstream on 7-25-08
        I called my local Windstream office to see about telephone and internet service. I gave the lady my information (name, address, cell phone number, etc) She read back the information with the wrong street name. I corrected her saying it was South not West. She told me that someone would call me on 7-28-08 with my new phone number and scheduled installation date and time. As I work via the Internet, I will have to delay working for one week and take a loss of $1000 wages.

7-28-08

7-29-08
        I went into the local Windstream office. The lady couldn't find my information in the computer. Finally she found the handwritten form in a cupboard. She wrote my phone number and installation date (8-1-08) on a blue post-a-note and gave it to me. I asked what time on the 1st would the technician be out. She said "Oh, they will call you before they come out". Then she verified my cell phone number.

8-1-08
        Ok I have planned my whole day to be home and available for the Windstream service technician. At 2pm, I call the office wondering if the tech is coming or not. The lady tells me that they work until 7pm and yes the tech will be out. She doesn't verify any information like name, address or contact number.

8pm on 8-1-08
        No technician, no phone call from the technician or the Windstream office. I contact the repair department as they are the only ones available. The lady there informs me that I am not in the system and would have to contact the business office on Saturday morning between 8 and 5 EST.

8:15am EST 8-2-08
        I call the phone number I was given by the repair representative and get a recording that tells me I need to call back during business hours. So I call repair again. The lady there tells me I have to wait until 8am my time (MT) to reach the business office. So I go to Windstream.com. There it says that the business office is open from 8:30 to 5 Eastern. By now it is 8:40 Eastern. So I call the business office number again. I still get the recording that I need to call back during business hours.

So I call repair again. I ask to speak with a supervisor. I explain to the supervisor that I am very upset and I really need to contact the business office. She places me on hold while she gets someone from the business office on the line. The person from business finally finds my installation information. He is upset with me because I don't have the work order number. I was never given a work order number.

Finally he finds my information and tells me that I gave them the wrong address so my installation was placed on hold until I contacted them. He informed me that it was my fault that the tech was sent to West instead of South and that I would just have to wait until the next available time for installed. I asked him why the technician had not called me when there was a problem; he said "We don't do that. We wait for the customer to call us when we don't show up."

I went to where I had Internet access to look up the corporate information for Windstream. I find [protected] is the main office number. I call it and as I expected, got a recording. The male voice said to leave a message and someone would return my call during the next business day. Then a female voice says "This number does not accept messages".

So the poor communication and customer service starts right at Windstream corp headquarters.

So here I sit waiting until 8-8-08 sometime between 8 am and noon to maybe, possibly, have a technician appear to install my phone/internet service. I wonder if Windstream will reimburse me for the second week of lost wages or even apologize to me for the physical and emotional stress their poor customer service has caused me.

• Gh
            gharris_30 Oct 02, 2008

Ever since quitting Windstream, problems!

we bundled with their DishNetwork Package. So when stopping service to move and getting ringed by Dish Customer support, the fun began. The final bill came in long after i sent the receiver back (they charge $400 for the HD receiver) totalling $592.00! They never took my receiver off the bill!

My first call was to the Customer service at Windstream who said i would receive credit for the Receiver when i showed them proof it's been taken care of! I provided them with tracking numbers for ALL receivers! The gentleman patched me through to Dishnetwork who said they have the receivers. Back to Windstream, again, who claimed they will have to receive notification from Dishnetwork (here we go again!). After a 3 day run around of calling and getting here and there, i decided to call the home office (coincidentally i found the same number you did only i called at 3:00 E.S.T. and spoke with someone from Jeff Gardner's office, he's the President and CEO).

I spoke with the Executive Secretary who connected me with gentleman named Paul Strickland who said (after calling me back) that by the first of September I'd have my credit from DishNetwork if not it might be by October. I asked about my credit and collection agencies and he said they would not be sending it to credit and he even made a note on the account! Upon telling me that, he immediately asked for the difference ($192.00). To which i said, "WHEN MY CREDIT IS GIVEN, YOU'LL GET YOUR MONEY!!".

Fast forward to October 2, 2008. Today i received a letter in the mail from a collection agency asking for $592.00. Paul Strickland never did what he said he was going to do! I immediately called up the number and asked for the President and spoke again with the Executive Assistant, Carrie, about this problem. She remembered me! And, the problem. I again explained all the above and she stayed on the phone and connected me with another person (a subordinate of Paul) and listened in as we talked. This is practice i guess.

The new girl (Melody or Malory i spoke to so many people! Ugh!) promised to look into this. I have told her that i believe that they are burdening me with unnecessary mailing from collection agencies and that if it's not fixed this time, I'm never paying it! She checked my account and saw many notes that this account was not supposed to go to collections and shouldn't be doing so. I pointed out failure. She informed me that i was supposed to be receiving a check from Dish Network (she said Paul noted this on the account) and i should have received it. To which i said they should be giving it to you if you are bundled together. Credits are much faster to issued than a check. So, she's got my number and is supposed to call me back about this.

I just wanted to tell my story and show how things go with this company. Your number was right, timing was off! I will come back and tell you guys what happens but because it's not over i have to leave it at unresolved!

• Fr
            Frederick westcott Oct 14, 2008

I no longer can bring up my email.

Windstream — fraud and scam

I am very upset with Windstreams service! After long calls with their service department (no knowledge or...

Brooksville

Windstream (DSL) — dsl internet service

Service was very good for several years up until a few months ago. My IP address is dropped almost...

Windstreamworst service of any company I have seen

Windstream has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I wanted to give them business at my home for phone, internet and TV and after 1.5 months I am still waiting for service. They hooked up my phone and left the line lying in my back yard for 4 weeks before finally coming to cover yesterday. After covering the phone no longer works and I have to wait another week to get someone to fix which I am sure I will have to pay for service during this time. Also nobody can tell me when they can hook up my internet, I have spoken to 8 different customer service associates and 1 manager and they all give me the same B.S. response. Don't waste your time ever calling their customer service and if possible use any other company besides them. I am in the process of hooking up with another local company and will never recommend using Windstream to anyone!!

• So
              Sourpuss Aug 02, 2008

<b>Contact with Windstream on 7-25-08</b>

<b>7-28-08</b>

<b>7-29-08</b>

<b>8-1-08</b>

<b>8pm on 8-1-08</b>

<b>8:15am EST 8-2-08</b>

Windstream — incredible bad customer service!

Windstream bought our local phone company, Kerrville Telephone with the blessings of our city fathers who...

Windstream DSLconstant harrassing mrktg calls

Since signing up for a Windstream land phone in January 2008, I've rcvd non-stop harrassing mrktg calls 2-3 times daily. All come in identified as "Toll Free Service, " but when I call the number, a sales rep answers, "Windstream." I've exhausted almost all local options for stopping these calls, including cajoling, pleading etc with the local company here in Lincoln, NE, and begging the caller (an 18-yr-old college student named "Brad") to stop. Now I'm writing the state atty general. No my Do Not Call defense doesn't apply, since Windstream is my phone provider. If this is CEO Jeff Gardner and Exec VP and Mrktg Chief Ric Crane's idea of selling DSL to hapless customers, they need a refresher MBA course (did they really sleep thru their original classes?) Judging from the DSL service they provide, I can see why they're desperate for new customers, and why the company is repurchasing $400 million of its own shares (generally a poor use of company revenue, unless there is a highly unusual reason).

Windstreamlousy service!

I am so upset with windstream right now. On my windstream home page for emails i had a folder called STUFF. Tonight around 7:24 pm i am typing a response to an email i had in my stuff folder. Well guess what, all at once mt email that i was working on disappears a message comes across about something not being right then zip it is gone also. So I'm thing that if it went to lala land it might turn up in my trash folder. Nope not there. So i look back in my STUFF folder yeppp you guessed it all my saved stuff is gone i look back to the trash folder nope not there. Called da tech rep what a clueless answer i get from them "its not suppose to happen we don't know where it went and we can not get it back." duhhh what happen to my stuff, all my info, pic's gone, - amm i hate windstream right now. Its stuff i can not get back.

• Iv
                  ivco home Aug 07, 2008

IVCO Home Inspection

Thursday, August 7, 2008
                  Windstream DSL

Has anyone had problems like I have? My DSL service was cut off even though my bill was current. When I called customer service I was told yes it was turned off but we don't know why. The girl at Windstream told me she could fix this but it would be about 7 hours before service would be restored. WHAT I need to access my email and I missed an online class this morning!
                  OK sir we can try to get back on within the hour.
                  I asked the girl from Windstream what happened she said she didn't know. I told her I was very upset that this happened, And she said "so what do you want me to do about it"
                  So what if I missed a class, So what if I had to drive to the library to check my email.
                  Windstream has us by the ba##'s and they know it.
                  AH I feel better (NOT REALLY)
                  I hope no one else has to loose a day of productivity because of Windstream DSL.

www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/windstream-dsl-internet-c5881.html - 65k -
                  Posted by ivcohome at 7:27 AM 0 comments
                  Labels: DSL, georgia, poor service, windstream

Anti-WindStream Apr 03, 2010

I had WindStream for a little over a year, and I am very dissatisfied with them. First of all, they do not tell you in the beginning that if you have your service turned off at the beginning of the month that you will still have to pay for the remainder of the month. I paid for half of a month that I did not even have service for.

Second (before I had my service disconnected), I had a problem with the phone calls being unclear and I asked them if they could fix it. They could not fix the problem remotely, so they told me someone would have to come out and look at it. They told me that if it turned out to be a problem on my end then I would be charged $75.00, and to avoid that fee I could get the protection plan for $20.00 initially and then $4.99 a month thereafter. They told me that I could cancel the protection plan at any time and that it would cover any repairs to my phone line. She made me think that I would only be charged for repairs on my end. However, they did not tell me that I would be enrolled in this plan for a year, and that if I canceled before the year was up then I would be charged a prorated charge. I have already paid $20.00 and now they say I owe them $60.00 for canceling before the year was up. I should have just paid the $75.00 in the first place. The sad thing is that the repairs ended up being a problem on their end and they just told me that they charge for repairs whether it is on their end or on mine.

So, I see that as WindStream cannot guarantee their service to work properly and in turn they make us pay for their faulty lines or service installations. I could understand paying for repairs that are on my end, but having to pay for problems on their end too is ridiculous. If they would have told me that beforehand then I would have went with another service. I have never had the problems with a phone service as I have had with WindStream. They are not completely honest since they leave these little, but very important, details out. If you do not know to ask these questions then you are left in the dark and charged hidden fees.

Windstream — bad service!

Since Windstream has taken over CTC I have had nothing but problems. Today when I tried to connect to get my...

Windstream — scam and cheating!

I recently called and asked for a quote for a highly advertised Windstream Communications Bundle Package. We...

Windstreamhorrible customer service!

Windstream has dominated the area so that they are the only service provider other they Time Warner Cable to provide phone and internet service. Competition is also good. The consumer needs to be able to choose the best service provider and not be stuck! First Jannell Jackson is the absolute worst sells person I have ever met. She has no clue to what she is selling nor has an idea why to meet the needs of the customer. She continues to receive huge bonuses, trips and sales person of the year only because she is the ONLY person who sells equipment for the commercial division for Windstream. She sucks!!! The fact that the people above her are clueless to the fact she has no idea as to what she is doing makes a statement by its self.

Second, customer service and accounts payable department are horrible. Over the last several months we have been over charged for our service by about $1,500.00 and even though we have tried numerous times to resolve the issue, we continue to receive bills with the same fees and no resolution. To top that, Windstream has now cut off service for our business fax line. Nice!!!

I though Windstream was governed by the utilities commission. That is my next step to take action against this company. Someone needs to step in a shut this company down.

• So

<b>8pm on 8-1-08</b>

<b>8:15am EST 8-2-08</b>

• Da
                    david cole Aug 19, 2008

you are so right and they should not be able to even operate a business in this country. i have had windstream service and dish for a week and it is the worst ever. i have spent two hours at a time on the phone trying to correct their incompetence.

Windstreamcharges for no service

My telephone service was disconnected May 16 2007, and my internet disconnected June 19. I was billed for telephone service for 2 months after my service was disconnected and internet for a month after it was disconnected.

I called their customer service and they insisted I give them a debit card number to "make it right" or they would turn me over to collections.

When I pointed out, that according to the customer service reps OWN records that he pulled up, I got no service and was over charged by almost 200 dollars, he argued with me and said I OWED them and would pay, or be turned over to collections.

I kept my bills that show I was charged after disconnect. And then, after they charged me that extra month internet, they also charged me a 100 dollar modem fee because I didn't keep internet for a year. Well, they charged me for a year of internet service, so why the fee for not having it a year?...why do they get to have it both ways?

Consumers have NO rights with companies like this and it is not fair.

• Mi
                      Mia Nov 20, 2008

Windstream has the absolute WORSE customer service EVER! I dont even know where to start! Everything is automated...you cant even get a real person on the line to make a payment without being charged $5.00! I walked into my local office that used to be full of Reps to help you, only to see it replaced with a bunch of green telephones! What the...??

"thank you for choosing Windstream" NO, I didnt choose Windstream, it chose me! Now, Im looking into Time Warner Cable for a package deal.

• Ry
                      Ryan1991 Oct 07, 2015

This exact same thing happened to me i called in to disconnect my service and they did disconnect my services but they continued to charge me even after calling several times a month and leaving messages for the supervisor to return my calls.. I never received a call and my bill continues to rise...I will be looking into this with my lawyer ASAP

Windstreamsuper slow dsl

Windstream continues to service me with very slow dsl. Sure, I have inquired about this problem. You get a "cookie-cutter" response from some so called "technical support". My neighbor suffering from the same problem, has not only repeatedly contacted Windstream but has sent a letter to executives. Windstream response to the problem is that "we are working on it". Of course, there is still no results. It is amazing that my dsl is actually slower that the dial-up that had before.

• Fl
                        Fluffy Nov 16, 2007

Windstream I believe is a fraudulent and deceiving company by all standards. For example my DSl service is not stable by any means. I signed up for 1.5mbps service and for almost 10 days I been getting dial up speeds 40kbps. I call wind stream I get connected to a tech from a far away country INDIA! And on top of all that you can't understand a word they are saying camel the camel. Each time you call a tech you get a different story. "Look outside to see if branch or tree down on line" or some other certain ethnic strategy. Im sorry I want to talk to someone from the States please. Guess what I never been connected to one yet but thats ok I am going to cancel my service. Sorry wind stream your excuses for server problems or prising problems or even fallen tree problems are just excuses. Your company can't deliver what you promise. Nada.

• Nm
                        nmchick52 Sep 02, 2010

I just tested my connection with speedtest.net. I wa 1.31 GB download and .38 upload! This is costing me time and money as I am paying someone to upload info to my online shopping cart. Windstream never has credited my account anything and always says 'they are aware they have a problem with one of their servers and are working on it'. What [censor]. I am so sick of corporate greed and bad products and bad service. The other one on the top of my s--t list is HP.

• Do
                        donnie d fritchey Apr 25, 2011

LYING THIEVES
                        paying for 3.0 mb i very seldom have a 1mb and yea the rest of the time it wont work at all!
                        i called them and told some idiot that i would like to get what i pay for or pay for what i get.
                        well i get this spill about everyone in my town is having trouble (well da) i told the idiot i didnt figure that was my fault and seems to me that would be all the more reason to fix it, then he tells me oh yea were going to fix it the 29th of may yea right i havve come to the conclusion there is no one that works there is capable of fixing it.

Windstreame-mail rejections which are invalid

Since windstream bought valor (our previous provider), e-mail service has been on a steady decline. Beginning in Sept. 06, my messages to one recipient started to be blocked every so often. Beginning in February, all messages were blocked. After many calls to windstream techs, all I got was that some spammer was using their ISP, that it had to go to Australia (?!) to be fixed, blah, blah, blah. I was persistent, and earlier this month, March, a tech actually suggested that I open a g-mail account. Why should I have to change my e-mail address, inform my recipients, change all my e-bay, business passwords because THEY cannot provide a service? I have contacted the Consumer Protection Agency and have filled out a complaint. If this doesn't do it, I'm not stopping there.

I AM creative, and I WILL receive the service I pay for.

• Sc
                          Scott Tuck Mar 26, 2007

I have had their email service for three years and have never had any problems out of their email... Actually, i think it is one of the best ones around.

Norma Childs Apr 06, 2007

I am not sure the first complaint I filled out was sent. In case it was not, I am amazed at the $170 amount I had to pay this month. As everyone else, I am tired of the many, many taxes that are tacked on to the bill. I can't support the country. If the next bill resembles this initial bill, I will no longer be a Windstream customer.

• Si
                          Sick of Windstream Thieves Mar 02, 2008

Windstream service is poor at best. Multiple dissconections daily from the DSL, dial tone actually dissapearing off and on, constant slow downs, latency, extremely slow pings, this is corporate greed at it's best, Ripping off people, charging top dollar for lousy servcie, pocketing the cash with no upgrades or equipment maintenance whatsoever, charging fees that I have never heard of, their billing service is unable to explain them to me, I wait on hold for 32 minutes trying to get to billing...

When calling Windstream you are asked if your are an existing customer or a NEW customer, if you choose NEW customer, the call is answered in record time, if you are an existing customer, you wait on hold for ever.

So always choose NEW customer, THEN tell the person to get you to the place you need. It is the most horrible customer support I have ever seen, even worse than "Century Tel" if that is even possible.

COX - PLEASE , you have cable service 1/2 mile from my house, PLEASE bring your service to my road and I can guarantee you will automatically aquire every house on this road. Windstream SUCKS!

• Pd
                          pdpo222 Dec 02, 2011

I don't understand when I tried to add contacts windstream tells me the email is invalid, when I have been using them for months. It is so maddening. I guess I go back to live.com

Windstream DSL Internet — poor service provided!

This letter is in regard to the subpar service that we are receiving from Windstream for internet service. I...

Windstream — phone company charges fee for no service!

If there's one area where telecom companies are far more innovative than any other industry, it'...