WIDEWORLDSOFT BAKU AZcredit card fraud/virus software

A blue security alert alarm and sign appeared on my computer telling me I was in immediate danger and had been infected. The alarm intefered with everything on my computer. The only thing my computer would do is go to this page-foolishly I purchased the anti-virus but realized my mistake right away and called to cancel my credit card. My purchase for the software is now in disupute. I don't know it they would have also drained my credit card account but I'm glad I closed it instead of finding out. I restored my computer to an earlier date and was able to get rid of it.

More WIDEWORLDSOFT BAKU AZ Complaints & Reviews

• Eh
    Ehoward Jul 30, 2011

The same thing happened to my computer. I purchased the fake protection package and it still didn't clear my computer. I still could not access the internet. All I kept getting was the pop up. I had to have my computer completely cleared and resinstall all of my software.

• Kd
    kdenman55 Jun 21, 2011

I also had this happen to me about two weeks ago. I When I checked my bank statement I realized it was a fraud. There is no Baku, AZ and I was charged a cross border fee. I tried my McAfee software but it would even let me do that, although I paid for an update. They hijacked my debit card # as I was trying to update my McAfee and charged me 79.99. I have cancelled my debit card and will work on erasing this stuff from my system. Please someone catch and arrest these people now!

• Ts
    tsmith01 Jun 13, 2011

So the same thing happened to me like everyone else. I turned my computer on and the only thing I could do was order their product so my computer could start working again. Don't remember how much I paid, but was billed $79.95. I haven't seen the security software on my computer since then or now. Has anyone had any luck getting their money back?

• Pa
    Patricia Flores Jun 12, 2011

I had this pop interrupt my transmission, it froze my computer and would not let me get out of the screen. It claimed my files were infected and the system could be cleaned for $79.95. I was in the middle of a school project due in one day.. I had to pay the price to continue and retrieve my work. Instead I was charged $99.99. Now the system has disappeared and I have no way of getting ahold of them.

• Ho
    Hopska30 Jun 02, 2011

Same happened to me this past Saturday. I bought the lifetime win 7 antispyware for 79.95. I thought something was fishy when I did not receive a confirmation email after purchase. I canceled my credit card today after seeing an additional $2.40 international fee. Immediately, my computer went all stupid - wouldn't allow me to open anything, even my little calculator app. I was forced to restore my computer back a couple of weeks, and enabled a new antivirus program. These ### in Baku, Azerbaijan or whatever still have my phone number, email address, and home address. Hopefully they can't do much damage with that information. Beware of this crap! It's been a huge headache. Dispute all charges and spread the word! If this happens again, does anyone know how to bypass fake infection alerts? My scammers called themselves Albinospro.com - I should have known it was bogus. Fool me once...!

• Ly
    Lynn A. Harris May 29, 2011

I agree with the complaints on file. I also wish to have my $79.95 refunded at once. This was a defenite rip off.

• O1
    O1M May 20, 2011

HOW TO GET THE CONTACT No. AND ADDRESS OF THESE THUG ###S SITTING IN MIDDLE EAST, THE EFFING TERRORISTS, I LOT $79.95 + INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTION FEE $2.95 ?

• Rd
    RDY May 03, 2011

The same thing happen to me, they took 99.00 out of my account, what can I do about this? Can something be done about the money? Can I get my money back?

• Rw
    rwg218 Apr 23, 2011

the same thing happened to my daughters computer, this security page kept popping up that kept saying the security systems was comprised and viruses were present, yet it had an option to proceed without the security at own risk which I did as I was trying to get to my McAfee account to have it do a scan as my daughter had forgot to download the update which it let me then that security page would come right back; the screen page kept making it llok like it was the Microsoft XP virus screen for 2011. Ultimately after an hour I ended up foolishly purchasing it to get access as I began to believe it was Microsoft; which was a dumb mistake on my part as I called a friend after the fact who is an IT installer who told me my system was comprised so he came over and cleaned my computer and did a download of a prior year restart to get computer back to an earlier state. I called my credit card company and cancelled my card and they recredited my account of the charge while they investigate.

joshmays06 Mar 17, 2011

the same thing happened to me i was just going threw my card trans actions and seen that instead of taking $20.00 they took 79.90 off my card and then as fast as i gave them my #card number my laptop was working again, how do we go about getting our money back or cantacting these low life people.

• Be
    becky sack Mar 16, 2011

2011-03 this happened to me to an alart came up i could not do anything on my computer until a paid $19.95 for two things at 19.95 each but then they took another $59.95 out of my bank account . my computer dose not work any better then it did before this happened.one thing did happen the alert went away. they need to be stoped. thank you becky sack

• Eb
    Ebony F. Mar 13, 2011

I was a victim of this scam. I was using yahoo.answers on March 11, 2011 and next thing you know this box pops up warning me I had 38 viruses on computer. My screen went blue and some of my icons were gone so I was convinced it really was viruses on my comp. They gave me three options, pay $79.99, $69.99 or $19.99 to clean it up. Of course I chose the cheaper plan. My husband and I just came back from the supermarket embarassed because our account had insufficient funds and we had no idea why. After checking our account online we found out some place in Baku deducted $99.99 from our account. This thing was a straight up scam and i'm pissed becasue I have no idea how they hacked into our computer, especially from a website i've been using regurlary for 3 years. I can't wait until people like this are gone forever!!!

Any suggestions on how we can get our money back soon?

not impressed01 Mar 09, 2011

We have experienced the same as all the above. I googled Baku AZ and this complaints board was #1 on the list.

I spoke with our cc company and advised them of the issue. As the cc was given to them, they advised me that they wouldn't be able to get the funds back however offered a $50.00 credit which is at least half back. Better than nothing. Also I requested the card to be cancelled and a new one to be reissued as if they are a scam company, I really didn't want the issues of potential charges in the future from various names of this company. Easier to be safe than sorry I figure.

Not sure of the extent of the damage on the computer however all I can advise is to be careful of what websites you visit and what you download. Make sure that it is someone or a company which you are familiar with and check security settings on your computer. When installing anti virus programs, use one which either you are familiar with or come recommended. Do not download anti virus pop ups which advise you of issues with your computer. Double check. Again better to be safe than sorry and don't want to support these scammers.

not impressed01 Mar 09, 2011

The same happened to us. I googled Baku AZ and this complaints came up as #1 on the search.

I spoke with our credit card company and they couldn't do anything to dispute as the card was given to them however they at least offered a $50.00 rebate (at least got 1/2 of the funds back and also referred to this complain) and have since requested the card to be cancelled and a new one reissued.

Now hopefully the computer can be restored and it hasn't been damaged beyond repair. Becareful of what websites you visit when they are not ones which you are familiar with and what you download.

Should I find anything else out, I'll be sure to post.

magggs. Mar 04, 2011

The same thing happened to me with this and I ended up paying $49.95
    and I want my money back !!
    how do I get it back?

• Ga
    gawat Feb 04, 2011

why I got the same case, my computer got a virus that can not be deleted by any anti-virus, except with anti-virus that has been determined and it bears a very big price for my people of Indonesia $ .99, 00 ...!!. we pray for your site abolished virus spreading ... or we are prejudiced, that you are working with the virus spreader site ...?!

• Br
    Bruce01 Jan 21, 2011

here's the website of the lil feller collecting money for this scam.
    Hopefully they have some sort of board or council or something for lawyers in Azerbaijan and this one will get shut down shortly.

• Gi
    Gimp3 Jan 17, 2011

Had the same experience with BUTSOFTNOW.COMBAKU. 12/20/2010. Quickly called CapitalOne and was told they had already declined payment. Caneled card, for new one but a charge for 99.90 'slipped through' next day AFTER card was canceled. No such web site, no 800 #, no recourse. After severral calls, was able to file a fraud complaint. At the time I saw other complaints about this site and/or buytherenow.com I did not print it out as I should have. ANYONE else with experience with this Website please include your complaint to this list.

• Bl
    Blackbarbie Jan 17, 2011

You all are so right. My story is identical to Jim' that happen on 9/28/10. Well this happen to me on 12/16/2011. This popped up on my computer and me not being a computer wizard I thought it was actually true because I could not do anything. After making the purchase I was able to for one second then it was back to normal. I use my bank card paying the $99.90 and I'm still unsuccessful in utalizing my system. I also called the customer service number [protected] and I got a live rep. by the name of Mary with an ext. # of 701. But whose to say this is real. With today being a holiday I cannot call the bank to move foward. However, I will not stop here until I have received my funds in return.

• Br
    Bruce01 Jan 12, 2011

In my case, the company name was bestpowersoft.com, in Baku. Apparently they have a lot of them. I immediately installed Norton and then called my bank and reported it as fraudulent, since it is. Ordered a new card and got my money back in a couple days.

jamesj13 Dec 14, 2010

Sam thing happen to me on 07Dec2010. I purchased their system tool anti virus software through my Visa card and was declined twice. But upon checking my Visa account, I was charged NZ$108 and NZ$107. I immediately cancelled my card and in the process of disputing both transactions.

• Ji
    Jim Kaness Oct 08, 2010

Same story. On 9/28/10 this window popped up on my computer saying I had a virus and it shut down my Firefox browser. I could not get the browser to run anymore. Then I ran their "scan" and it gave me some so-called websites that would remove the virus. I went for it and paid them $99.90 on my VISA to remove the virus. They (whoever they are) then allowed my browser to function normally, but now I have "AntiSpy Safeguard" installed on my computer. My VISA statement shows $99.90 charged to the card from "Software Retail" in "Baku, AZ" with no phone number given. I immediately canceled my VISA card and got a new card with a different number.

Yesterday I called their customer service number [protected] and immediately heard "Wait five minutes". After 10 minutes a lady came on the line and, after asking her how I could uninstall their program from my computer, told me the charge would be removed from my VISA and that their program "AntiSpy Safeguard" would automatically be removed. That was yesterday and nothing has changed. I intend to dispute the charge.

• Lo
    loise Apr 03, 2010

well the same thing helping to me too. they had popup every time i took them off they came right back. so I paid $69.90 on the 20 of feb. they said that my computor was infection with a viruse. but everytime I would cancel it, the same thing all of those popup where there and you couldn't even finish your chat with the person you were chatting with. all I want is my money back. how can poeple just sit at the computor and do wrong and get away with it. but one day it with come back and bit them in tha ###. so if any one get some information please share it with us, it will be greatly appreciate. thank you in advance.

• Em
    embrassed2X Mar 08, 2010

this company got me twice, first time I caught it in time to dispute the $100 that was deducted from my checking account, which popped up as a bank of america caution to scan for fraud attempts (LOL). still in the middle of the claim to get my money back but now they've done it to me again. as soon as they got my $ the security tool icon disappeared and I've had no more warnings of viruses & worms... now I am trying to find a phone number to call...any ideas????

• Ej
    ejsteed23 Mar 05, 2010

To get rid of this boot in save mode. From another computer download Maleware Bytes Program then use the thumb drive to download on the infected computer. Run the spyware program several time. Restart your computer in normal mode and load a good virus software. Scan for virus serveral times and make sure have your spyware and virus programs active and you should be okay. I just did this for my daughter computer. Any good spy ware will get you started I just used Malware Bytes. The probelm with this scam is that they use similar name to good software programs so make sure if you use the program I did you use the Malware Bytes.

After you have complete this, format you thumb drive to make sure you have killed any virus that may have gotton on it and then scan it with both program. May be a little over kill but I like to make sure when it comes to a virus.

• Sp
    specwiz Mar 02, 2010

BE WARNED ---------------------

BAKU AZ security program contains trojans of the worst kind. If you become infected either by clicking on the bogus alarm window or visiting any of WIDEWORLDSOFT sites immediately:

1. Switch off your PC. If it won't switch off, unplug it.
    2. Restart PC in ------- safe mode---------- and RESTORE to a previous date.
    3. Run a reliable anti malware scan like hitmanPro (free).
    4. Contact your card provider and have your account shut down. If you've already been scammed, insist on having the transaction reversed. Card providers are able to reverse unauthorised payments or e-commerce would soon cease to exist, (being forced to pay for the removal of a deliberately inflicted trojan is fraud).

DON'T SUPPORT THE SCAMMERS AND DON'T PANIC. Your money is recoverable, but only through your card provider.

specwiz

• Kw
    kwebb Mar 02, 2010

it happened to me too, if anyone gets there money back let me know. they took 79.95 from me!!!

• Tr
    T Reed Mar 02, 2010

This happened to me last week. My account has been charged $109.90 and I have no way of getting a number to get my money back. These people are ### and I want my money back. Please beware of any pop ups. I have two firewalls and I don't know how they get into my computer.

• Je
    jetta32 Mar 01, 2010

I paid my $49.95 for a two year agreement and two weeks later they are asking me again for money for the same Security Tool. Can someone tell me how to get this off my computer. My computer shut down every 30 minutes because of this matter.

Mariette Leonard Feb 28, 2010

Well the same thing happened to me. This pop up kept telling me that I had X number of viruses and to rid my computer of these I was to sign up for this anti-virus software. All this time I was thinking " Gee, how could this happen when I already have anti-virus on my computer?" I paid the $50.95 only to have the same thing start happening again a week later!! What a scam!!! Maybe there needs to be a class-action lawsuit filed to keep these people from continuing to do this!!

• Ro
    Robay Feb 27, 2010

I also was prey to this scam. On February 23rd my laptop went berserk and I had that same popup. I was concerned and decided to purchase the protection since it seemed to leave me no other choice. Instead of being charged $29.95 I was charged $99.85. Whe I Googled WideworldSoft Baku AZ I saw that alot of others fell to this scam also. Have already contacted my financial institution to try to resolve.

• Pa
    paintrgrljen Feb 26, 2010

Well the same thing happened to me. I thought I was being charged $29.95 for the security tool and when I looked at my transaction history they had actually charged me $129.95. I think that all of the windows that keep popping up telling you that your computer has a virus is actually just there own little way of making us have to buy their ###! Something has got to be done! How can people just set back and take other peoples money like that and get by with it?

• Sl
    sladyman Feb 26, 2010

I agree. I too was scammed big time. This is ###. I want my money back. Security tool pop up, blackened my computer and wants me to buy the product again. I email security tool twice for my registration number but based on what I read from other victims, I not getting one cause I haven't heard from WIDEWORLDSOFT. I can't believe it. This company needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I am not sure what to do now. I can't use my computer at all. I can't find a phone number to wideworld soft to contact them. What lying jerks. How do I fix my computer.

• Mh
    mhoffman Feb 25, 2010

Thing is this seems so real. U think your computer has this virus. Everyone beware of this SCAM!!!

• Mh
    mhoffman Feb 25, 2010

Man this has just happened to me and they said it would cost me $49.95 and they took $99.85 out of my account. Have to close all accounts. This is a scam and it took me forever to get it off.

• Th
    thuggluv Feb 25, 2010

This just happened to me I restarted my computer to see it all black screen an vista anivirus pop up, so I payed ..But when the screen kept popping up an kept wanting me to buy again I knew something was up I tried to cancel the payment but no luck even tho it was still pending.I had to just cancel out my card and it looks like i have to open a dispute with walmart money card because they would not reverse this and finally got my computer back to normal getting rid of this virus protection pop up SCAM!!!Man what a mess I can't even find a number or anything for this wideworldsoft.

• Ol
    OlsonTexas65 Feb 25, 2010

Same thing happened to my daughter, with my credit card. I cancelled my card as a precaution. If anyone is successful in getting their dispute credited back please post so I know whether or not it is even worth my time to dispute...seriously hope someone catches these people and prosecutes. If not, I guess I will just have to rely on Karma!

• De
    deborah toulson Feb 25, 2010

Please something has to be done about "WIDEWORLDSOFTBAKU" I been trying to contact this company to reimburse my visa 49.95 . They blocked my system so I could not do anything on it for three days forceing me to buy their software. They so call "Virus protection plan" is no longer in my computer. It disapear from my system.
    NEWJERSEY

• Ce
    C Evans Feb 24, 2010

- - - - - - -FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD... - - - - - -
    This a a Foreign company outside of the US, maybe BAKU India. They hijacked my home computer and did not clear it untill I paid $59.95 (US dollars) (for so-called "Windows Defender 2010", then they sent me a email to direct me somewhere else for support. I could not communicate with them in any way and all my email was returned as not deliverable.
    They charged my card account as 'WIDEWORLDSOFT BAKU" with no telephone or address to contact them. Request a TRANSACTION REVERSAL immediately from your bank.
    - - - - - - -FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD...- - - - - -

CC: [email protected] [email protected]
    RE: Order ID6540 "Windows Defender 2010" order/
    Order ID: #[protected] XP Internet Security 1 year license

Greetings To All Listed/Involved:
    I do not want your service and I am requesting that the $59.95 that was charged to my card and paid to your organization be reimbursed to me immediately to the card.
    My system was blocked and then was hi-jacked and would only clear out and process data processing on your website only, and then only after if I paid money to your organization for a copy of XP Internet Security 1 year license order ID#[protected] or ID6540 "Windows Defender 2010" order did I again have access to my computer.
    I again request that the U.S. dollars of $59.95 that I paid to your organization be reimbursed to me immediately and put back on the VISA card ending in XXXX was charged from my card.

Claude Evans

• Vi
    vineutz Feb 24, 2010

i had the same thing done on feb. 23 coat me 79.00 dollars how do we get our money back