wide world soft bakusoft ware it does not work

my son paid for a security tool that did not work to remove virus's they got him for $49.98 so be careful what you do and don't give out your credit card to those crooks...not all are crooks but there is some out there so beware ...

• Be
    Bethel Schmidt May 24, 2010

My computer froze nd I thought I was getting a virus anyhow my account was charged by Wideworldsoft Baku $147.56, what a fraud.
    These people need to be put away. When I think back about it when it happened it was like a nightmare and what a shock they gave me, if it happened again I suppose I might be aware more. What can you do about it? any suggestions

• Av
    averdier Apr 01, 2010

If you have different users on your computer it is easy to get rid off this problem. My son got this virus while he was logged on the computer. It didn't affect the rest of the users so I deleted the infected user and everything was fine. Getting my money back was easy. I just went to my bank, canceled by bank card, filled out a dispute form, and in 5 days I got my money back.

• Sd
    sd518007 Apr 01, 2010

does anyone know how to remove this friggen thing off the computer?

• Sh
    sholmes2010 Mar 25, 2010

i got scammed too. i had this laptop about 2 wks then it just froze on me one day. i couldnt even turn it off but then this company comes to the rescue and says if i pay them 50.00 they will get rid of the 29 viruses that was blocking my computer use. so i gave up my credit card number and within 3 minutes i watched all the bad things disappear and my computer could be used. i felt this was a great investment until my security tool magically disappeared and no protection. i want to thank the other person who gave the number, i will be calling first thing in the morning.

• Mp
    mprice518 Mar 09, 2010

I can't get ahold of any of the numbers these boards have listed for me. Guess I will just have to call my bank and see if I can file a dispute. This happened about a week and a half ago so hopefully I can still get my money back. I was charged $100 for no freakin reason and my laptop BROKE. It's going to take a couple hundred to fix now all because of these mofo's.

WHEN THEY GO PRISON I HOPE THEY HAVE SOME HORNY INMATES WHO WILL SCREW THEM OVER AND SHOW THEM WHAT KARMA IS LIKE!!! DROP THE SOAP SON AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!! Being a criminal ain't gonna be so fun for them anymore!!!

• My
    mybahd! Mar 05, 2010

Ladies and gentleman, I to am a victim of said fraud. The 8XX did not ring...I wonder if those who gave the digits to call are part if WWS..hmm, just a thought. I digress. I will buy my next virus protection package at the outlet store. This way I will have something physical in my hand, with actual phone numbers and guarantee plus a box I can take to hug while I sleep and feel secure that my computer is protected. Don't fret though, the best advise is to contact the company that has your card, report the fraud and their name should raise flags on ther the banks end. Oh yeah, get a new account number!

chinasloogan Mar 04, 2010

I just got off the phone [protected]) with Mark #321. He apologized for the mistake explaining that I most likely failed to "uncheck" a premium service box when I ordered the service which resulted in my being billed twice. Based on other blogs, I don't buy that excuse, however, Mark #321 did promise my money in full would be refunded within 5-7 work days. I will file a complaint with the FBI nonetheless

chinasloogan Mar 04, 2010

Yikes! Me too. Ditto to all the above. I've called my bank, cancelled my card, ordered a dispute form, and plan to complain to the FBI. I still need to take my puter in for a tune-up. Good luck folks. I'm wondering if Macs and PCs are equally targeted?

• Bj
    bjstephens_northcarolina Mar 03, 2010

I am on the phone with my bank now. I was just told that these people will hit your account several times to make sure that it is an open account and when they find out that it is they start charging you for all kinds of things. You need to contact your bank or cc company and get the charges stopped immediately. They are a 3rd party company that sends your card and personal information to many many other companies for you to be charged for things.

Get it stopped now.

• La
    LaDonna3 Mar 02, 2010

Okay this happen to me this last friday .I called my bank and told them not to pay it they did I got really upset and found a # for them on this website called and told them How bad they were putting a virus on my computer shame on them . Well she said I would get a refund in 5-7 days. Itrusted in the Lord and today I got the money back..

• Br
    Brenda Witkowski Mar 02, 2010

I have had the same problem. My bank was aware within 24 hours however, they allowed the charge to go through. I have to wait 30 days and re-file my complaint.
    What I told them about the scam does not help at all.

Brenda

• Av
    averdier Mar 01, 2010

Same thing happened to me 3 days ago. I wasn't able to download the program to supposedly take care of the virus so I thought I wasn't going to be chared. I checked my bank statement on line and they had deducted $69.95 plus an international credit fee of $2.10. I went to my bank ASAP and filled out a dispute form and applied for a new credit card. I should be getting some news in 4-6 days.

• Pa
    paulj1956 Feb 28, 2010

you are all correct, this is nothing but a scam. dispute the charges with your credit card company. they are aware of these scammers.

company is owned by off shore entities, very possibly Terrorists . Beware and contact your local FBI office.

• Cl
    clarence23 Feb 27, 2010

the same thing happen to me.the did the same thing to me.i never bfelt so stupid in my life.they took ny credit card number nd all.the info was very helpful.i'm going to call right now.thanks jenn.

• Wo
    worldwidesoft scam Feb 27, 2010

^^^ I called the number above and they said that they are not WIDE WORLD SOFT.

I filed a claim with my bank and will be filing out a fraud case through the mail.

I hope everyone gets their money back.

Chuck Turner Feb 26, 2010

Report them to the FBI (Internet Crime Complaint Center ) at:

www.ic3.gov

• Cr
    crazy3 Feb 26, 2010

hi you guy's i know everybody is just as frustraded as i they debt out of my debt card $99 and i did not auth that amount at all...i google the compny name and got lead to every situation on this complaint page...i dialed all the num...[protected] no ring tone ////what you have to do is dial [protected] and yes you will on hold, , , nd the calls will dropp, , , but you have to be verry persistant keep calling and waiting some one will come on line they ver the last 4 num. on my card and they read back to me my own e/mail address and a nice girl gave me a refund from 5-7 buisness days and gave me a confurm. num. ### well be sure, , , , to do the same ...keep trying they will answer [protected] ...get the confrm num and the rep name and ext, , , , good luck you guy's never agin with """"WIDE WORLD SOFT''''''''' [protected]

• Ro
    roodboi31 Feb 26, 2010

i got scammed by wideworldbaku, they were supposed to charged me 49.99 but instead they took out 99.99 of my account and after that they charged me about 3.99 but i am not sure why so i need a number to call them because i'd like to talk to customer service to find out why

• He
    helphelphelp Feb 26, 2010

I've been trying to get through 3 differen numbers and can not get through one of them I 've been going at it for about 30 minutes now. I am trying the following
    [protected]
    The first two only play music and the last doesn't do anything, it only disconnects after a few seconds. Does anyone else know what I can do?????

• Mo
    mollygirl Feb 25, 2010

I was forced to buy this "anti-virus" software or my computer wouldn't work. It just kept popping up. Seemed the only way to get rid of it was to pay $49.95, not realizing this "anti-virus" software IS the virus!!! After reading all these complaints, I called [protected] and did get ahold of someone who asked for my name only, and said they would credit back the money to my visa w/in 5-10 days. I'll let you know.

• Mi
    minustone Feb 25, 2010

My PC is now in the shop getting repaired, I am so angry because it's my own fault the visa will not refund my money because the record shows I gave them my number and personal information. I have tried calling both the numbers I found on this complaint site [protected] won't even ring and the second number [protected] just keeps playing music? I have 3 lines dialled into this number and still no one answers, I will continue to wait as long as possible, my PC is now repaired at a cost of 65.00 and new anti viris software has been installed by a profesional.
    I will have to try visa again and let them know this is a scam, I think I'm stuck paying the bill and now waiting for my replacement visa to come in the mail! seeing I had to cancel my card due to this scam!! if anyone has any other numbers I can try, please help.

Miss my computer! Minu

• Ba
    baseball_momtn Feb 24, 2010

I've tried to contact these creeps and no one answers. I too had to purchase this crap before my computer would do anything. I hope they are caught. I was charged 100.69 on my card and never received any conformation, now I can't even find the program on my computer.
    Any other numbers to contact these creeps will be appreciated.

• Be
    Beltrita Feb 23, 2010

Just wanted to let everyone know that my money was back in my account yesterday. Call them. It seems to work.

• Gi
    GIGI Hdez Feb 23, 2010

I did pay 59.95 and my computer wasnt protect for this company wideworld baku. i want my money back.

• Db
    dblincnokids Feb 23, 2010

I too have problems with this company. The screen was covered with their name and I couldn't do anything until I bought from them. Now my computer is in the shop because it has a "worm" that gets credit card info. I'm calling my credit card company today to fight this charge and any future charge that might come thru from these people. They charged me $129.85 plus there is another charge for $3.50. We need to find out how we can get these people for credit card fraud.

• Vi
    violet3333 Feb 22, 2010

ok can anyone help me, bought this stupid protection for 49.99 or whatever and now i cant open any programs on my computer...

• Je
    jenea gottschalk Feb 22, 2010

it happen 2 me 2 iam mad the same 49 they took out 99.85 i will get my money iam going 2 call right now

• Br
    BrendaR Feb 22, 2010

We never even agreed to purchase anything, and all of the sudden, I had $132.44 coming out of my account. I called them -- they wanted first 6 digits and last 4 of my card -- NO WAY! So, then he said he could look it up with my email address -- like a dummy, I gave him my email and then this afternoon, I was FLOODED with all kinds of spam in my email box (go figure). My suggestion for everyone is to go straight through your credit card company or bank. I called Visa today, and they were very helpful. DO NOT call this company (or if you do, DO NOT give them any information) -- they will ask for your name and then tell you that they can't find you in the system and they need more information. When you aren't willing to give out your card #, they will ask for your email address and then sell it to... EVERYONE in the UNIVERSE! And, they will still tell you they can't find you. Good luck to everyone! This company (if it even exists) should be shut down and everyone there should go to jail! Scam artists!!

Andreaatsanborn Feb 22, 2010

I too just got off the phone with these people. I have now been charged twive 99.85 when I checked the box that I only wanted the $49 package. The people were very rude to me. Is there anyway that we can get th authorities involved in this. I cannot afford to have them taking 99.85 out of my account every other day.

Please Help!!!

• Ke
    kenzi_nichole08 Feb 21, 2010

this same thing happend to me. thought i was getting my computer protected & it ended up being scam. they were supposed to charge my credit card for $49 and took out $99.85. i called & canceled my credit card and am dealing with a dispute right now to take the charge off. i have tried 2 different numbers to contact this "wideworldsoft" but it is always giving me a busy tone. has anyone gotten this straightened out or gotten your refund? or should i start hoping now?

• St
    steve44 Feb 21, 2010

call [protected] hope that helps i just got off the phone with them

• Bo
    BogieJ09 Feb 21, 2010

This just happened to me!! Computer locked up and wouldnt do anything unless i payed 79.95 only 2 hours later my bank called with weird acitivity and we have called the number you all have mentioned, but no answer...anyone have any other advice?? they charged our bank account 129.00!!

• St
    steve44 Feb 21, 2010

my computer froze up after signed up as well i am relieved to have this conversation with ppl who kno thank god and these ppl need to be arrested one person said and i couldn't agree more. I had to take my computer to the shop get it fixed cost me another 100 so all in all total this was a 353 doll move and also ppl check your acct alot because scammers lead to other scams . its all a numbers game

• Ge
    geazy313 Feb 20, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me black screen pay this much cuz i hav a virus payed it instantly computer worked again but i cant get the program again just dissapered and i am callin the number and no dial tone help please!!

• Ge
    geazy313 Feb 20, 2010

### happened to me too how ###

• Mi
    millerjsmom Feb 19, 2010

paid and scammed, darn cheatersI just got a new computer now this crap, how do we get rd of it?

• Sw
    swalkotten Feb 19, 2010

I do have a phone number for you guys to call for customer support the niber is [protected] if you guys try this number you will be able to get through.

• Sw
    swalkotten Feb 19, 2010

I purchased a antivirus software from a company called wideworldsoft the site said 49.90 i was charged 99.90 i tired calling the phone number listed but they won't pick up and there is no dial tone. I tried sending in a complaint to the customer service and I have yet to hear from them. I will try calling agin later but i doubt I will get anywhere.

• Va
    vanessa24rules24 Feb 19, 2010

i keep dialing the number and it wont ring. these people need to be arrested.

Cheryl G. Feb 19, 2010

I just got off the phone with my credit card company, who had sent me a alert via regular mail of a possible fraud charge. I too, subscribed to this when it popped up last Friday th 12th. It looked so official, and I'm never this stupid. It was suppossed to be for the 49.98, but they submitted 99.85 to my credit card. Chase is sending me a form to fill out and they have put a hold on the payment to these crooks. I told them to definitely DO NOT pay it. Thank God, I have Chase Fraud detector on my card. Does anyone know if these crooks actually installed anything on our computers? If so, how do I get it off of mine?