Wickes FurnitureNever ever buy at Wickes Furniture stores, you will regret it!

On 11/11/2007 we purchased over $5000.00 dollars worth of furniture from a wickes store in the city of Torrance Ca. Originally when we placed the order we made specific instructions for our furniture to be delivered in 2 different dates. The reason for this was because there was an L shaped couch that we bought with out verifying the measurements, The sales Rep (Mario Ventura), made it clear that we could call back in two days and cancel that piece for a full refund. Two days passed after the purchase and guess what? All my furniture arrived, My mother was home at the time and was told by the Rude delivery men that they already had unloaded the furniture and that she had to sign for it, My mother did. When I got home I saw that the pieces were too big. I then called Mario (Sales Rep) who said he would take care of it. I never heard back from him, I then called customer service (who by the way are the rudest people on this planet), and explained my situation they said they recognized that a mistake was made and that they would return the couches but that they would have to charge a 20% restocking fee. I became very upset and called the store manager at that store (Darla), She tried to contact customer service but I guess in their company structure customer service has more pull than their store managers. Now i am stuck with a 20% restocking fee or couches that do not fit. I wish I would have read this article prior to shopping there. NEVER EVER BUY AT WICKES! Those people above me are right, you will REGRET IT!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices