WhyNotLeaseItover charging

I haven't checked my credit card statement in a while for details. I recently saw a $179.81 charge for why not lease it, I was supposed to be done payments 3/2019, this was August now. I immediately canceled my card, called why not lease it just to be on hold forever. I'm calling Capitol one later. I get an email from why not lease it saying I have a payment coming up, UM, NO THE [censored] I DONT! I'm not giving them another dime. Stay away, and shame on Sears for misleading. It's no wonder they are closing stores left and right.

Bi
Sep 09, 2019

Comments

• Km
      Sep 10, 2019

Here's another idiot who doesn't understand how leases work and signed a contract they didn't understand but signed anyways. The only reason sears is failing is because they offer deals and options that their customers don't understand and don't use the right way. Then they get upset cause they didn't properly understand the offers or options and instead of blaming their own stupidity they blame someone else. If sears is at fault for anything its offering deals and offers to a generation of idiots who aren't ready for it. This is a time when discrimination is a good thing. If the customer looks poor they shouldn't offer then the option to enter into a lease, since chances are the reason they are poor is because they are stupid democrats on welfare and food stamps.

• Le
      Sep 17, 2019

Actually both Sears and Why Not Lease it are totally at fault, they are both also guilty and in violation of the Federal Truth in Lending Act or TILA for short. Any company that leases or loans merchandise to their customers must disclose all interest payments and loan details in full. Sears is in violation because they allow Sears Employees to execute these agreements when they barely understand the agreements themselves and they often don't disclose all the information to the customers pertaining to those agreements. Why not lease it is in violation because they are supposed to have an employee on-site to go over the full terms of the lease, they don't. My suggestion to you is to file a complaint with your states attorney generals office as well as your local congressperson. Their practices are basically loan sharking at it's finest.

Sep 24, 2019

@Leondra Wynn-Howell Wrong they do disclose all information in the written document that the customer has to agree to before the lease can be performed. The register will not allow a cashier to process the lease until after they hit the agree key on the pinpad, the problem is no one read the document before hitting agree that automatically prints from the register at the time of the lease. Wouldn't matter if they did read it or not cause these customers are so stupid that if the document is read to them by a lawyer who even goes into greater detail of how the lease works as they read it to the customer, they still won't understand it. I will grant you that even the sears employees don't understand how these leases work, but ultimately they don't have to since all information pertaining to the lease is disclosed in the written document. WhyNotLeaseIt or any other leasing or loan company is required to have on-site employees, technically anyone and everyone can process a lease or loan. If I wanted to lease my neighbors motorcycle I can submit my application directly to the person who approves the loans or leases. No on-site employee required, though I wouldn't recommend someone who doesn't have a good understanding of finances not to go through an agent or broker.

Sep 24, 2019