White Glove Moving & Storage, IncBeware

K

Let me first explain this is my first move in 48 years. On 11-14-06 I obtained an estimate for moving expenses from NJ to Texas from the above mentioned company. Their rep, Rich Dipisa advised he worked with the company for approximately 15 years. The estimate was $4, 949-$5059. He advised that it was not necessary to purchase additional insurance; whatever was packed by White Glove, if damaged, would be replaced at full value. I took him at his word - my mistake; he never mentioned our belongings would be in storage, or delivered by a subsidiary company, to the contrary, was told same men and shippers would handle it from pick up to delivery.

December 21, 2006 was the day of the move. They arrived and loaded many boxes that I had packed and proceeded to wrap and pack anything in my china closet and on the dining room table and floor. Upon completion by Rafael and his crew, I was advised, after he called his office, that the cost would be $5500, again being advised that what they packed was fully insured.

January 8, 2007 everything was delivered, but not unpacked; it would be impossible. On January 12, 2007 I called and notified Rick of ther damage to the Llardos. He said I had 90 days; get an estimate, send it to him. He would not mention it to White Glove till I sent it in and advise that they may just settle without sending it to the Ins. Co and assured me if they packed it I would be fully reimbursed for damages.

I received an estimate to have them repaired, rather than replaced to save the company money and the fact that I am not a collector and had no intention of selling them. The cost of replacement, if you could find the retired pieces, would be over $2, 000.

I completed the claims form, returned it to Claims Processing Center, PMB 445, 1324 Forest Ave, Staten Island, NY 10302, Claim, #$6999-992 and have since been advised that the company would be responsible for 60 cents a pound, nothing more.

I feel they have totally misrepresented their company and Rick continually lied about the coverage of anything they packed. 60 cent a pound comes to approximately $25; they have offered $100, I paid over $500 to have them repaired.

I feel you should be aware of this company. They will agree to anything verbally. You cannot take anyone at their word. Please share this with your readers.

joe07458 Dec 09, 2010

Beware of White Glove movers. They totally misrepresent themselves. We paid over $5500 to move from New Jersey to Florida and had a similar experience where furniture was damaged and were reimbursed only $50. Stay away from this company!!!

whollysmokes Mar 07, 2011

Your experience with White Glove Movers is typical of the care that they don't give to belongings of the person who is moving. Something needs to be done to stop their poor service - but many folks who experience their poor service are asked to sign agreements (to get any money from them) saying that they will not post anything derogatory about their poor care in moving belongings. Otherwise this site would be filled with complaints about White Glove New Jersey!

• Wa
    warmanelli May 23, 2011

They did the same thing to us in 2008. The guys showed up the estimate was handled the same way. Take our property 'hostage' in their truck, call the manager and increase the charge that you either pay or no move. (aka Extortion) In addition, they greatly damaged our hardwood floor with a piece of furniture and left it over the damage so they'd be long gone before we noticed. Same thing with the damages as the above scenarios. Called, sent in pictures of the damage, filled out form, they NEVER returned one phone call EVER. The one mover seemed to reek of alcohol and sweat profusely. They are liars and NOBODY should do business with them.

whollysmokes May 24, 2011

Someone needs to do something about movers in general, in New Jersey. As usual our lawmakers are in bed with movers lobbyist - so the law is on their side. There are no laws that define the movers responsibilities and then back them up - only a few laws that give the movers the edge and allow them to damage your belongings and charge you more than what is quoted. WHITE GLOVE (of N.J.) is possibly the worst offender of all! You've been warned - if you use them - you'll have damaged furniture and will not be able to do anything about it - and the only thing you'll have is Aggravation and garbage for furnishings.

whiteglovevictims Jul 19, 2012

Total disaster!!! THEY SENT INSTEAD a third party - BIG CANOE RELOCATION - and an 18-wheeler truck 2/3 full; of the 5 movers, 3 of them were hired locally and did not speak English, so they could not understand instructions from us or from the foreman. They packed trash from the dumpster, hazardous materials with food items, spoiled the staging of the house that was going to the market, ripped off wire shelves from the closets, packed delicate sweaters inside wood furniture, broke a lot of pieces (day bed, queen bed, benches, china seating stool, ceramic fountain, kitchen island cart, entertainment center, seating benches and chairs, damaged most of table lamps and shades, and also broke the glass panel by the entry door, scratched the brand new floor upstairs, and ran over the water meter by the driveway; when we complained, they demanded a lot of documents, and has been 4 months that we are waiting to hear from them - they ARE NOT INTERESTED in repair or pay for the damages.
    There are some reviews just like ours, and besides, pay attention to one particular review from "maria costello" - SHE WORKS THERE, OMG!!! Please, stay away.

Read more: http://www.mymovingreviews.com/movingreviews/stay-away-8436#ixzz216AYLq31