Westwood College Of TechnologyFraud and cheating

H

I have been attending Westwood College of Technology for about 3 years now and I have to say that I am extremely disappointed. Not only did they avoid telling the students about their accreditation but when we had a meeting about it, they told us that none of us were smart enough to transfer to a upper level school. I feel sad that these people only care about the money that goes into their pockets. I really don't want to sit around and not do anything about it. Please, if there is anybody who is willing to work with me, I am definitely going to do something about it, legally.

• Tu
    TuRtLe_DoVe Sep 09, 2009

I go to westwood now and absolutely agree!!! it is horrible and i want out!!!

• Ni
    nicz Jul 28, 2009

well you should always DOUBLE check yourself if a school is accredited. Don't go by their word of mouth, they just want money.

angreee May 13, 2009

that is a good Idea, I can honestly say that aside from a few teachers that actually knew that Westwood was a worthless institution, this is quite possibly the nastiest scam out there. To steal money from young people who want nothing more than to better themselves with promises of a good and accredited education is shameful. I would love to get the money I spent on my "accredited" degree back.

• Re
    Renster May 07, 2009

I too was cheated by them...I lost many years and money because of them...my email address is [email protected] Westwood got sued by 60 students in Texas and the students won. Lets do it again.

• Do
    don't go to westwood Oct 20, 2008

I completed my Bachelors in Visual Communications from Westwood College a few years ago. I am looking to pursue a Graduate Degree and was just told today by Roosevelt University that my Bachelors will not be accepted because Westwood is not accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. I was told that I would basically have to "start from scratch" if I wanted to obtain a graduate degree. I was told by the "car salesman" admissions rep at Westwood (who are paid by commission) prior to signing up that the school is accredited and credits would transfer, and that it is a true Bachelor's degree. What they don't tell you is that it is a Bachelors degree that you can never use to get your Masters unless you go to the same kind of "pay Harvard tuition for a kindergarten education" schools. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE. I don't know how the employees of Westwood sleep, knowing they are majorly screwing up young peoples' lives.