Westshore Lending ServicesSCAM!!!

Consumers BEWARE of Westshore Lending Services. They are an advance loan scam!!! I know first hand and I got information that this company is the same "lending" company that will call consumers about approved loans for consumers. I was a victim of a similar company called Crimson Lending Group.
My story started out when I was contacted by a man by the name of "Steve Mayfair" (fake name) and he told me that I was approved for a loan that I requested with a 6% interest rate. I have had credit problems in the past and I thought that my luck was finally changing and I was finally able to get a loan at a reasonable rate. This "Steve Mayfair" told me that his company had a "private" investor that was interested in taking on my loan and that his "third party" company was handeling the transaction. He sounded so sincere and he then read out all of the informations that I filled out to get a loan over the internet. I thought that he was legit because he read all of my information out to me including where I lived and where I worked. I thought that he has to be legit if he knew all of my personal information.

He then explained to me that he was going to faxed a legal document because it meant that it was a bind contract for me and the company. He said that his company was liable for the loan if the investor fail to give me the loan. I read the document and I then researched Crimson Lending Group over the internet. I then went to the BBB to check it out and there was not any rating to this company. I even googled it and their website came up. I thought that this company must be real if they have everything that looked legal. The document stated that I had to pay $2346.00 and I didn't have to pay for the for months and that would count toward my principle. Wow, I thought I had time to come up with the money to pay back if I didn't have to pay for four months.

I then called this "Steve Mayfair" back to tell him that I was interested in getting a loan from his company. He then told me that I had to fax it back to him including my driver's license so they could have a record of it. He also told me that I needed to wire him $2346.00 to a "Barbara Galin" in Toronto-Ontario. I knew that it sounded wrong because that little voice in the back of my head keep on telling me that it was a SCAM. I ignored it and I went to Walmart and went to Money Gram and wired her my money. I called "steve mayfair" back and gave him my reference number and he said that I was going to get my loan directly deposited into the bank the next day. I waited and the deposit never came. I called and I talked to "Richard Smith" in customer service. He sounded like "Steve Mayfair" but I told him that I didn't get my loan. He said that he was in a meeting with the "private" investor and that they were worried because my debt to income ratio was so high. He said that I had two choices which were to either get a full refund or wire an extra $2346.00 for another four months so I didn't have to pay for a total of 8 months. I knew that I just got scamed so I told him that I wanted my money back. He then explained to me that I had to wait for the following week before they could give me a full refund because they had to stay within the "private" investor cycle pay period. I waited the following week and still no refund.

I called and the number was no longer working!!! I felt stupid and ashame of what just happened because I consider myself pretty educated. I got so angry that I found this website and posted what happened to me and then the replies just poured in. I know that if I keep on posting to warn consumers, it was worth everything because some people put up their livelihoods to get loans like this and gets scammed out of everything. Some people are going hungry because of this and some are even in bigger debts. I am warning you guys now to not deal with these people.
If they call you and they say that they are legit, ask them for their license lending number. I bet that they would tell you that you have to have an attorney for them to give out that information. Call your local attorney general and they will tell you that this is a SCAM. It is AGAINIST the LAW to request money BEFORE you get the loan. BEWARE of these SCAMS.

DO NOT WIRE them any MONEIY!! They are crooks!!!

• Br
    Broke and Jaded Oct 17, 2009

I wish I ran across your complaint prior to sending my Western Union on the 15th. So I'm out $800 plus the cost of wiring the funds and now I'm in bigger debt trouble that before! The website is suspended as of today as well (www.westshorelending.com) and I'm sure that when I call them back on Monday, the phone number will not exist either.

I was supposed to have the funds in my bank account, a loan amount of $5000.00, yesterday (Friday) morning. When I did not see the deposit, I called "Scott Patton" at [protected] he was "out sick" so I spoke with someone in "Customer Service, " who sounded awfully like "Scott." I originally asked to speak with a supervisor, but the customer service representative told me that the accountants were backed up due to some glitch and that my funds were awaiting in a que to be funded into my account on Monday. I doubt I will see a penny of that or my Western Union amount back. Now I will be oweing more money than I originally started out as I wanted to get this loan to consolodate. But since I'm out my original $866.00 total, there will be yet more bills of mine being sent to collections.

Thanks, "Scott" and Westshore Lending Services! You have a great scam; perhaps you can share your detailed secrets to the rest of us you suckered so we can make easy money as well by screwing with other people. I really appreciate it.

angelakay Oct 24, 2009