WestJet Airlines / non-refundable tickets

Canada Review updated:

I purchased 2 tickets from Calgary to St. John's one way direct for July 27. Price was great and was a direct flight. I had to cancel and was looking for a credit towards a future flight. NOT looking for a refund. The airline advised me that the fare I purchased was non refundable/no changes or cancellations. I don't understand why has I was willing to pay a fee per ticket for when I rebooked with no issue. The price today is more than double that what I paid. Don't make much sense business wise. I pay a fee to change and they sell the tickets to someone else for more money. I travel several times a year all over the country and I have family in Calgary and will never use WestJet Again!

Sm
Jul 11, 2019

Comments

• Te
      Jul 11, 2019

Each ticket has its own fees and rules. When you buy the cheapest tickets you don't have the option to change or cancel. This was in the terms and conditions you agreed to at the time of your purchase. If you want to be able to make changes, don't be such a cheapskate and pay a little more for a ticket with these options.